S

seasonsdied

Sep 28, 2024
I understand that dying is complicated, hard and makes things much worse if it goes wrong but still. Why is everyone going for SN? It honestly does not seem like the best way to die to me.
At the very least I believe it should be accompanied with CO or N to make it easier or am I wrong in believing this?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov and memoriesofyesterday
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
SN is the only reasonably-peaceful non-complex method. N is hard to get and CO is complicated to set up and can cause brain damage if done wrong.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov, LifeQuitter and 9 others
S

seasonsdied

Sep 28, 2024
I can't seem to find a reliable source of SN. Also burning coal and taking lots of sleeping pills with SN seems a more robust plan to me. But everyone recently is going ahead with SN, am I missing something? In case SN ends up ineffective I still go away.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Easily accessible and cheap, reasonable setup, and somewhat peaceful (much more so if you follow protocol). I think another big one is that failure usually doesn't have lasting damage. Also, CO2 cannot be done in a hotel or apartment building, which disincentivizes it for some people.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov, Decided98 and 4 others
S

seasonsdied

Sep 28, 2024
Easily accessible and cheap, reasonable setup, and somewhat peaceful (much more so if you follow protocol). I think another big one is that failure usually doesn't have lasting damage. Also, CO2 cannot be done in a hotel or apartment building, which disincentivizes it for some people.

I can't verify the sellers of SN and definitely don't want to end up on suicidewatch. Is it possible to make it?

alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
Hanging seems like a more accessible and effective method to me. Maybe im missing something

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
People have spoke about making it (SN) on here but I doubt the reliability of doing so. N is a pipedream now pretty much, anyone new that pops up saying they have N is more than likely scamming.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Valhala

Valhala

Jul 30, 2024
Because there is no better and simpler method that is relatively easily available.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Plato'sCaveDweller, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 1 other person
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I can't verify the sellers of SN and definitely don't want to end up on suicidewatch. Is it possible to make it?
I suppose you theoretically could, but chemistry is so precise and you'd likely create an impure substance. I do genuinely believe you'd be better off buying it. Seems like DMC is a safe source is you can locate the site

Reactions: Decided98, Plato'sCaveDweller and opheliaoveragain
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
If you have doubts about it's effectiveness, making it yourself is the last thing you should do.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
M

marsupial

Apr 9, 2024
I think with SN it's easier to back out. After a few woozy minutes, you could probably pick up the phone, and probably get medical attention.

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
It doesn't seem peaceful to me. Even with antiemetics people seem to be puking their guts out. That's not how I want to spend my last minutes. With helium or nitrogen it's lights out in a matter of minutes.

Reactions: maggot, measuremeasure, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It used to be really easy and cheap to get, it's RELATIVELY peaceful compared to some other methods, the procedure for this method has been laid out in detail on some of the guides here, and even if it fails there's less likely to be any permanent side effects.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov and LifeQuitter
Valhala

Valhala

Jul 30, 2024
It doesn't seem peaceful to me. Even with antiemetics people seem to be puking their guts out. That's not how I want to spend my last minutes. With helium or nitrogen it's lights out in a matter of minutes.
The inert gas method is theoretically calmer and better, but it is technically much more complicated and expensive (which is a problem for many). Furthermore, in case of eventual failure with the inert gas method, there is a probability of permanent consequences for the organism, which in the case of SN has not been documented so far.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, LifeQuitter and measuremeasure
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
From others account it seems to not cause as much damage as other methods if it fails

Reactions: LifeQuitter, kunikuzushi and Valhala
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
  • It's easy to acquire if you know where to look.
  • It's relatively cheap compared to other methods (though it's gotten much more expensive over the past few years).
  • It's very lethal and reliable if you follow protocol, and more importantly don't get found early or call for help (the majority of failures are caused by these two factors).
  • It's legal.
  • It's easy to execute (just drink a liquid, similar to nembutal).
  • It's logistically and technically easy to set up, unlike things like inert gas or CO (CO in particular can be finicky, while inert gas can be complicated for some).
  • You can do it from the comfort of your own bed, which some methods do not allow for.
  • It's relatively peaceful compared to other poisons and methods. If you hate nausea or vomiting, as well as tachycardia, the method may not be for you (unless you're willing to tough it out).
  • It works quickly (unconsciousness in 15-20 mins, 35-40 mins in the worst case scenario. and death within 40-60 mins, to a few hours in the worst case scenario).
  • There appears to be little to no permanent damage if you fail (even for individuals who had 90% or more methemoglobin concentration and died were brought back with little to no issues), though this could be a case of survivorship bias, it's also backed up by medical journal case studies.

I personally classify it as a silver-standard method, with gold-standard methods being guns, inert gas, barbiturates, and fentanyl (if you get lucky and get a high potency batch of pills). But these methods all have issues of access, legality, and technical difficulty, so it's not always an option for everyone.

That's why SN is so popular here. It's a lot easier to just drink a liquid and tough out some general discomfort and illness for ~15-20 minutes than hang yourself, jump off a building, get hit by a train, and whatnot. There's a reason why overdoses and poisonings account for the majority of suicide attempts - it's simply easier to ingest something orally, as your SI is not triggered so strongly like with methods that involve body envelope violations. The only difference is, SN is extremely likely to work, whereas something like ODing on antidepressants is just gonna give you a bad time at the hospital + a psych ward stay. And as already mentioned, it's pretty easy to acquire even today, it's simple to set up, it's relatively cheap (i'm pinching for pennies and I was still able to shell out $150 for a full SN protocol), you can do it wherever you feel is most comfortable, it's easy to execute and pull off, it's by no means the worst method in terms of suffering endured before death, it's very effective, and it appears to be safe to attempt even in the event of failure (it's easily reversed at the hospital).

If you feel like CO is a better method for you, then I'm glad you have a method that is right for you. But for others, SN is the method that is better for them, and there's very good reasons for it, just like CO. Every method has advantages and disadvantages, and VERY few people are lucky enough to get something like Sodium Pentobarbital these days, or put together an inert gas setup, so a totally peaceful and pleasant death is out of the question for many. So it's just a matter of picking your poison (pun/gallows humor unintended).

edit: lmao I didn't fully read your posts before making this, so I didn't see that you asked if combining CO and SN is worth doing. I thought CO was what you thought was better. So to answer: it's not necessary. CO is very effective IF you can get the proper concentration going, and SN will only make the experience less peaceful. And if you're doing SN, CO is just a needless extra step of complication. SN is already very effective on its own, barring you are not found early or call for help, as previously stated.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, rozeske, Alexei_Kirillov and 5 others
T

Trav1989

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Yeah, it's possible but it takes a lot of time and certain tools. That's why a lot of us just choose to buy it from reputable suppliers such as DMC. I got SN from DMC and it's 99.7% pure and only costed me about $60.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and divinemistress36
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
  • It's easy to acquire if you know where to look.
  • It's relatively cheap compared to other methods (though it's gotten much more expensive over the past few years).
  • It's very lethal and reliable if you follow protocol, and more importantly don't get found early or call for help (the majority of failures are caused by these two factors).
  • It's legal.
  • It's easy to execute (just drink a liquid, similar to nembutal).
  • It's logistically and technically easy to set up, unlike things like inert gas or CO (CO in particular can be finicky, while inert gas can be complicated for some).
  • You can do it from the comfort of your own bed, which some methods do not allow for.
  • It's relatively peaceful compared to other poisons and methods. If you hate nausea or vomiting, as well as tachycardia, the method may not be for you (unless you're willing to tough it out).
  • It works quickly (unconsciousness in 15-20 mins, 35-40 mins in the worst case scenario. and death within 40-60 mins, to a few hours in the worst case scenario).
  • There appears to be little to no permanent damage if you fail (even for individuals who had 90% or more methemoglobin concentration and died were brought back with little to no issues), though this could be a case of survivorship bias, it's also backed up by medical journal case studies.

I personally classify it as a silver-standard method, with gold-standard methods being guns, inert gas, barbiturates, and fentanyl (if you get lucky and get a high potency batch of pills). But these methods all have issues of access, legality, and technical difficulty, so it's not always an option for everyone.

That's why SN is so popular here. It's a lot easier to just drink a liquid and tough out some general discomfort and illness for ~15-20 minutes than hang yourself, jump off a building, get hit by a train, and whatnot. There's a reason why overdoses and poisonings account for the majority of suicide attempts - it's simply easier to ingest something orally, as your SI is not triggered so strongly like with methods that involve body envelope violations. The only difference is, SN is extremely likely to work, whereas something like ODing on antidepressants is just gonna give you a bad time at the hospital + a psych ward stay. And as already mentioned, it's pretty easy to acquire even today, it's simple to set up, it's relatively cheap (i'm pinching for pennies and I was still able to shell out $150 for a full SN protocol), you can do it wherever you feel is most comfortable, it's easy to execute and pull off, it's by no means the worst method in terms of suffering endured before death, it's very effective, and it appears to be safe to attempt even in the event of failure (it's easily reversed at the hospital).

If you feel like CO is a better method for you, then I'm glad you have a method that is right for you. But for others, SN is the method that is better for them, and there's very good reasons for it, just like CO. Every method has advantages and disadvantages, and VERY few people are lucky enough to get something like Sodium Pentobarbital these days, or put together an inert gas setup, so a totally peaceful and pleasant death is out of the question for many. So it's just a matter of picking your poison (pun/gallows humor unintended).

edit: lmao I didn't fully read your posts before making this, so I didn't see that you asked if combining CO and SN is worth doing. I thought CO was what you thought was better. So to answer: it's not necessary. CO is very effective IF you can get the proper concentration going, and SN will only make the experience less peaceful. And if you're doing SN, CO is just a needless extra step of complication. SN is already very effective on its own, barring you are not found early or call for help, as previously stated.
Almost everything you mentioned can be said about the inert gas method. Do you have a reliable source that confirms permanent damage after a failed attempt? I searched and couldn't find any (and there is research about helium and ctb).

IMO finding helium or nitrogen is easier than finding SN. It's legal, easy to buy (unlike SN) and you don't need a ton of other meds to combine it with. The setup is not that hard. It's basically a plastic bag and a gas tank. It's also faster than SN.

As for it being expensive: I can find a helium tank (99,9% purity, 20 l, 200 bar, so 4.000 l helium) and regulator for less than 400 euro, delivered at home. You only die once, right?

Reactions: memoriesofyesterday
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
I understand that dying is complicated, hard and makes things much worse if it goes wrong but still. Why is everyone going for SN? It honestly does not seem like the best way to die to me.
At the very least I believe it should be accompanied with CO or N to make it easier or am I wrong in believing this?
I don't know. I've wondered this as well.

If we're still alive a few years from now, it might be interesting to revisit this thread.

CO is really easy to buy.

You just walk into a Walmart or Home Depot.

This is what Dr. Kevorkian called, the "Mercy Machine", correct?

Quite frankly, after reading the various threads on here SN doesn't appear to me anyway as anything peaceful.

But who knows? It's a good question to ask. And even ask again.

After all, this is YOUR life.

For those that are going to use this eventually or already have...I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It isn't the best method out there but it's better than most suicide methods. At the end of the day, I blame humans for being cruel and heavily regulating death and making death difficult to achieve