Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Unfortunately, among the members of the forum there are homeless people or people who do not live at home, but with relatives and friends. I assume that they use some publicly available internet, a telephone of maybe €50 and think every day what they will eat tomorrow. You have to understand that many people live hard and in poverty I don't understand how it is not clear to you. I am a businessman and I don't have these problems, but I can understand these people.
Thank you for putting things in perspective. I don't live in a big city and in 20 years I've only seen one homeless guy here. In the capital of my province, in Leuven and in Brussel I've seen some beggars. At the train station in Brussel there were homeless people, mostly illegals.

But if you're a legal resident your employer will pay the first month if you're sick, then the sick fund takes over. If you're unemployed you'll get money (under certain conditions). And there's something called 'leefloon' (wellfare?) which is the lowest amount of money that a person gets, for instance if they don't get money for unemployment.

Growing up my family didn't have a lot of money. When I was 8 my bipolar father was in and out of hospitals and my mother (no job) had to raise 3 kids on her own. But she taught us how to save, so maybe in that way 400 euro doesn't seem a lot to me. However if you convert it into old Belgian francs, then we're talking about 16.000 francs and that used to be a lot of money. The euro has us all fooled...

Sorry for the off-topic; I just wanted to explain. I didn't mean any disrespect.

Reactions: Tonkpils
Valhala

Valhala

Jul 30, 2024
Thank you for putting things in perspective. I don't live in a big city and in 20 years I've only seen one homeless guy here. In the capital of my province, in Leuven and in Brussel I've seen some beggars. At the train station in Brussel there were homeless people, mostly illegals.

But if you're a legal resident your employer will pay the first month if you're sick, then the sick fund takes over. If you're unemployed you'll get money (under certain conditions). And there's something called 'leefloon' (wellfare?) which is the lowest amount of money that a person gets, for instance if they don't get money for unemployment.

Growing up my family didn't have a lot of money. When I was 8 my bipolar father was in and out of hospitals and my mother (no job) had to raise 3 kids on her own. But she taught us how to save, so maybe in that way 400 euro doesn't seem a lot to me. However if you convert it into old Belgian francs, then we're talking about 16.000 francs and that used to be a lot of money. The euro has us all fooled...

Sorry for the off-topic; I just wanted to explain. I didn't mean any disrespect.
I understand you and I fully understand your perspective. As citizens of the EU (I live in a Central European country) we are indeed somewhat privileged because the EU and especially the Scandinavian countries have an extremely good social program compared to the rest of the world, and even compared to the USA, for example. I have business partners from your country (Belgium) and I know that in your country and in general, within the entire EU, the amount of €400 is something that is easy to reach, either through the social protection program or through work. Unfortunately, the world is not only the EU, the world is also Asia and Africa, and there are many people in huge personal problems and with extremely limited financial resources. I'm glad that you didn't take these suggestions of mine as some kind of confrontation, all I want is to point out how unfortunately having even that 400 € is in certain parts of the world for some a huge problem.

• Love
Reactions: Tonkpils, rozeske, Plato'sCaveDweller and 1 other person
P

pariah80

Aug 12, 2024
Most of the people on here seem to be looking for some "painless" and sure-fire method to ctb. That's not a bad thing, as I wish there was one available. However, that can sometimes lead to stalling and hesitation. A lot of the people on here seem to be younger (18-30) and live in places where firearms are either difficult to acquire or illegal to own altogether. From reading the threads on here, SN seems to be kind of a tedious method. But if I couldn't access a more efficient way, I guess I'd be on here looking for other methods as well. That's my perspective, anyway.

O

ordep91

Sep 8, 2024
I tried SN two years ago approximately and didn't feel nauseous. It was very peaceful and I wouldn't try any other method tbh. I failed because I was found by my roommates. I will try again as soon as the time is right.
Can you tell us more about your failed attempt with NS? How did you feel? Did you have any after-effects?

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024

Thank you for clarifying. I actually took a slight bit of offense at your comments, since they seemed to be a bit short-sighted (especially expecting people to save for 10 months lol). But I didn't want to go into a back-and-forth with you since that's not really productive. I also just don't like bickering here on the forum, since I think we should all strive to be as cordial and helpful as possible.

I will say again that I am glad that you're in the position to not only have the available funds, but to have found such a good deal on a helium setup. But as Valhala said, not everyone is in that position.

Reactions: Tommen Baratheon and rozeske