• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
I've been looking into drinking a large amount of alcohol and then drowning in my tub or in a lake near my house so that I will be unconscious before SI kicks in and I won't feel an intense amount of pain. While I was looking at statistics, I saw that it was not as common as a method when compared to hanging, jumping off of something, or taking poison/overdose. I'm just wondering why this method is not used as often compared to other methods.

M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
I think the drive to live will kick in and you'll automatically sit up. I think drowning yourself is like trying to suffocate yourself, it won't happen. Now if you're in a large body of water the chances are greater because the currents can take over.

Helween

Helween

This is this and that is that.
Apr 13, 2024
i dont really know, i would say because(at least for me) drowning is scary and unless you faint in the water you're body will likely try to save you. But i heard that the chance of getting brain and pulmonary damage if you survive is pretty high. it's my B plan so i dont really understand too why it's not more common beside the fear.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Because it's not as readily available and it's agonising? Most people, when they think of drowning, think of jumping in a lake or the ocean or something, not just drowning in their bathtub. Also drowning is one of the most terrifying methods there is in my opinion. Most people have something to hang themselves with and a place to tie it to, or pills to overdose on, or a balcony to jump off if they've chosen jumping.

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I've had the same thought and from what I've read it's actually pretty difficult because of your SI. I don't see why you wouldn't just reactively sit up once your body realizes it's not getting air

Like momento.mori said, it might be easier if you're in a large body of water. Idk though I'd be afraid I would just panic and swim to shore

Reactions: Forveleth
PetrichorBirth

PetrichorBirth

Mar 5, 2024
I've been looking into drinking a large amount of alcohol and then drowning in my tub or in a lake near my house so that I will be unconscious before SI kicks in and I won't feel an intense amount of pain. While I was looking at statistics, I saw that it was not as common as a method when compared to hanging, jumping off of something, or taking poison/overdose. I'm just wondering why this method is not used as often compared to other methods.
I would say that it has mostly to do with the reduction of suffering.

When you hang yourself, one of 2 things happens, or both :
1. Your carotid artery is compressed, you pass out, ez. 2. Your neck is snapped, ez.

No real suffering involved.

Jumping off a high place is probably scary for a moment, but when it's high enough, a relatively quick death is guaranteed.

Poisoning and overdoses are in general bad ideas, unless you know exactly what you're taking and in what effective dose, otherwise you'll just ruin your liver and have a very very bad time.

The thing about drowning is that it takes a good while. Not only that, but discomfort will definitely be there, cold water for example, or strong currents that crash you against things, or maybe pull you down and spin you around. When the actual water inhalation starts, it will probably be painful, a struggle for air, survival instinct. At some point it will be peaceful of course, but i'd say that drowning is not as common because of these factors.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Because it requires probably about the same amount of the ability to overcome survival instinct as jumping would. Jumping won't allow you change your mind and swim to safety. The impact of hitting the ground is a much quicker death than the flailing around associated with drowning.

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
Risky bc you're depending on both poisoning (to be unconscious) and then dying from drowning. Too much could go wrong. I'd rather just use poison alone to ctb.

Reactions: anxiousmess0471
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I honestly don't understand the aversion to it either.

Yes, there's going to be pain (as with most methods), but there are ways you can mitigate it, for example by lowering your CO2 levels beforehand. Regardless, the whole experience won't last that long. Depending on several factors, like the temperature of the water and your rate of O2 usage, you could be looking at only a minute or two of pain. After that, you'll have a period of euphoria and peace, and then you'll black out. If no one rescues you before then, you'll be dead within 10 minutes. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
1. Your carotid artery is compressed, you pass out, ez. 2. Your neck is snapped, ez.
The neck is not snapped with full suspension/short drop, that's with long drop hanging.

Anyway, to answer the question, I think it's a combination of fear of deep water (which is common) and limited access to large bodies of water, as others have mentioned.

Last edited:
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
I always figured my method, despite the excessive prep work, would be rowing out far, weighting myself, throwing away the key, sinking. SI would'nt matter in 2 minutes or so. Extra work but maybe locking myself into a sort of coffin/safe so no parts float up as I crumble away over time, yk.

F

f1rebender

Apr 13, 2024

Yes, there's going to be pain (as with most methods), but there are ways you can mitigate it, for example by lowering your CO2 levels beforehand. Regardless, the whole experience won't last that long. Depending on several factors, like the temperature of the water and your rate of O2 usage, you could be looking at only a minute or two of pain. After that, you'll have a period of euphoria and peace, and then you'll black out. If no one rescues you before then, you'll be dead within 10 minutes. Doesn't sound so bad to me.
how do you lower co2 levels? is hot or cold water better

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Try it in a bucket filled with water and try to inhale a deep breath of water. I think that explains exactly why drowning isn't a good method. Take into account that a lot of people know how to swim.

Drowning can be peaceful but only once you're fully and deeply unconscious- in the end it's suffocation.

Several minutes until becoming unconscious can feel like hours of agony.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
how do you lower co2 levels? is hot or cold water better
By hyperventilating. Search up "shallow water blackout" on SaSu or elsewhere.

I consider cold water to be preferable because it will use up oxygen faster, which will reduce how long it will take until you're unconscious. Also, on the off chance that you get rescued and revived, cold water preserves your brain better.

Scorpio moon gal

Scorpio moon gal

Apr 26, 2024
What if I get drunk as a pig and then throw myself off a high building?

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
What if I get drunk as a pig and then throw myself off a high building?
Based on when I had a farm, drunk pigs can barely walk and then fall asleep for hours and hours.

If you want to CTB, alcohol / lack of coordination is a hindrance not a help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
F

f1rebender

Apr 13, 2024
By hyperventilating. Search up "shallow water blackout" on SaSu or elsewhere.

I consider cold water to be preferable because it will use up oxygen faster, which will reduce how long it will take until you're unconscious. Also, on the off chance that you get rescued and revived, cold water preserves your brain better.
what do you say is the best position to be in the bathtub to have success? I was planning on completely laying in the bathtub face on the ground, I was just thinking I don't want my head to somehow end up out of the wate. once I start am I supposed to inhale as much water as I can constantly like taking deep breaths of it

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is because it is really uncomfortable and the feeling of having to breathe and gasp for air only for liquids to fill one's lungs is not pleasant at all. Our body's self preservation (survival instinct) will do whatever it takes to gasp for air and when it couldn't, it will involuntarily struggle as one panics to get air. While after a certain time, one loses conscious and drowns, the time leading up to that is agonizing (which is also why some of the gruesome torture methods in history involved the use of water).

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
what do you say is the best position to be in the bathtub to have success? I was planning on completely laying in the bathtub face on the ground, I was just thinking I don't want my head to somehow end up out of the wate. once I start am I supposed to inhale as much water as I can constantly like taking deep breaths of it
No no, this can't be done in a bathtub unless you have a way of making yourself unconscious before submersion. Ideally it would be in a deep river or lake.

You're also most likely not going to be able to force the aspiration of water. (I've tried and the body just rejects it). Even people who drown in larger bodies of water don't always aspirate water.

F

f1rebender

Apr 13, 2024
No no, this can't be done in a bathtub unless you have a way of making yourself unconscious before submersion. Ideally it would be in a deep river or lake.

You're also most likely not going to be able to force the aspiration of water. (I've tried and the body just rejects it). Even people who drown in larger bodies of water don't always aspirate water.
it will be the same amount of pain either way?

H

henry22

Mar 31, 2023

That minute will feel like an eternity, guaranteed.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Saitama2

Saitama2

Apr 25, 2024
Drowning causes pain because co2 is built up in the blood. You can delay this by hyperventilating, but even then the urge to breathe will be strong. The average untrained person has a strong painful breathing reflex. There is also a lot of SI going on and you need to find a place.

This is my method for now, but I understand why more people don't do it. It's downright scary, but has a very high success rate.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
cryingwithkira

cryingwithkira

Mar 30, 2024
um drowning is always going to feel horrible unless u take something that is going to filter out all of the pain