• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
"Here, across three studies, we find that first impressions of individuals with ASD made from thin slices of real-world social behavior by typically-developing observers are not only far less favorable across a range of trait judgments compared to controls, but also are associated with reduced intentions to pursue social interaction. These patterns are remarkably robust, occur within seconds, do not change with increased exposure, and persist across both child and adult age groups. However, these biases disappear when impressions are based on conversational content lacking audio-visual cues, suggesting that style, not substance, drives negative impressions of ASD. Collectively, these findings advocate for a broader perspective of social difficulties in ASD that considers both the individual's impairments and the biases of potential social partners."

tl;dr NTs instinctively dislike and exclude us within seconds of meeting regardless of what we say or do.

I don't know if society is capable of removing biases that deeply ingrained. We literally seem inhuman to them
I do everything I can to be friendly and talk about things the other people are interested in and always get dropped and abandoned regardless~ :( Could I be autistic then and I'm merely the only person who doesn't know!? >_<

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Well. . . I don't quite know what to say because I don't want to delve into the territory of saying I understand when I can't, but maybe ASD doesn't bother me because I've felt like an outcast at times in life. Or, maybe I have a reaction and I don't realize it.

I will say that if I know someone is autistic, if anything it just makes them interesting to me, but I like learning about people who think differently than me. I'm weird, but I'd personally like it if someone with Autism or similar would just tell me right away so I know and I can try to accommodate. But with bias like that I can get why they wouldn't want to.
I mean, you might be having reaction without realizing it, but the instinctive negative response is probably an individual thing to some degree. and there might be other factors involved in your specific case

Regardless I'm glad you try to be accepting <3
I do everything I can to be friendly and talk about things the other people are interested in and always get dropped and abandoned regardless~ :( Could I be autistic then and I'm merely the only person who doesn't know!? >_<
Not everyone gets diagnosed early, so… maybe? You'd have to talk to a professional to be sure. Though, if you think you have certain symptoms, that can at least give you a clue.

Ex: I vaguely remember you being trans from some other post (apologies if that isn't you) and a lot of trans people are autistic.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
I don't know my IQ, but I think it is a very narrow concept. How would the ability to solve shape puzzles help with organizing a group of people or with creating asymetrical diagrams? I'm sure it could help in some way, but good charismatic leaders or any person people look up to will use their unique social intelligence to inspire hope and confidence in the people around them. They don't need to be good at puzzles to do this.

VeryShy

VeryShy

High IQ disabled autist and schizophrenic
Jun 21, 2024
As a person with a very high IQ, I feel like it brought me only trouble in life. Maybe if I was dumb, I would be much more happier.

Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
It has to be more of an advantage than a disadvantage in life net. I'd be surprised if high IQ, especially in the 130s to 150s, had any correlation with high suicide rates. Very high IQ like 170+ might, because you can't relate to anyone, but that's a miniscule percentage of the world. Most of us will never meet someone like that.

yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
You don't need to mock me as that's what you perceive this thread is only about.
I wasn't mocking you as a person, I was mocking the attitude displayed in your post. If you haven't contributed more to society than a nurse or a construction worker, you have no right whatsoever to look down on people (even if your IQ is off the charts).

Reactions: danter0id
R

RoadBLOCK

Jul 9, 2024
I'll tell you something no one will ever tell you

I have a person I know who sits at home and works three hours, three days a week, and his salary is twice as high as mine because he has high linguistic intelligence.
I am not talking about an IQ of 150 or higher. I am talking about any number between 115 and 130. You study for your test for ten hours. Another person studies for only two hours and memorizes (and understands) faster and better than you.

What seems very difficult to you seems very easy to someone else. I was facing problems at work, and my mind literally froze because of them, and someone comes and solves them at lightning speed. Unfortunately, IQ is not just a number. It affects your life and makes it easier for you to collect your money.

Reactions: Jarni and Apathy79
D

danter0id

Oct 20, 2023
there's a curve somewhere, I can't remember where (ETA it's just the dunning kruger effect), plotting level of actual knowledge versus level of perceived knowledge. the level of perceived knowledge (or, in this case, intelligence) peaks somewhere slightly above average. it declines after that, then goes up slightly at the very highest level of actual knowledge.

that is to say, people who crow about being the smartest, most very special boys are usually only slightly above average.

Last edited: