D

davka

Feb 24, 2020
I tried to do it partial 5 times. Twice there was nothing because I tried to do it on knees and with low pressure to neck. Then 3 times I tried to "sit" few cm above floor with feet on ground and SI kicked in always when I was about to pass out. I think I should do full suspention just to be sure. But Im afraid if few screws I would put into wall would hold me.

• Hugs
Reactions: SimplyTopHat and Abaigh
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
That's why I'll go to full suspension rather than keep trying in partial. Perhaps our brain is programmed to avoid the peril in all cost and suppress that it's really difficult.
I tried partial too but I didn't felt any peril, only a heart rush and the scarf uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Dozens of millions of years of evolution have given advantage to individual with strong survival instinct :mmm:

Reactions: Numbtopain97, SimplyTopHat, KiraLittleOwl and 2 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It kicks in during partial because you do have an escape option. Full might get the same reaction but no recourse.

Reactions: letmeseethedeath and Kikoo Loool
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
No judgement here. Part of me sometimes thinks that SI is a way of saying you're not ready. There is shame in saying: 'I cannot do this because I'm alone and afraid' and a myriad of other ifs and buts.
SI as other posters have said makes you human, there is no shame in that. Most of us here are good people who seem to have been dealt a rubbish hand. Maybe playing the hand is better than folding sometimes.
Love and respect
DBD

Reactions: dras23, SimplyTopHat, mesohappy and 2 others
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Partial requires a lot of willpower to execute. You have to fight the urge to escape.

• Love
Reactions: SimplyTopHat
D

davka

Feb 24, 2020
For me the most ironic thing is that people who done it succesfully can't share their "know-how" on overcoming fear and SI. I just dont trust some selfimprovement BS to help me overcome SI when those people who teach it have 0 experience in this.

And I believe people who willingly died would share the helpful info on how to.

Its early morning now for me I kinda like my own rant posts here...

T

TheSuicidalEccentric

The universe is wonderful.
Feb 23, 2020
I have the same issue. When practicing partial with a friend, I was able to go through and go unconscious a couple of times. But when I do it alone, I back out once I get the dizziness effect because I know it is a certain death awaiting and no friend to rescue me. The pain with partial is bearable and isn't the issue; it's knowing you are going to die that is the issue.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, SimplyTopHat, davka and 1 other person
D

davka

Feb 24, 2020
I have the same issue. When practicing partial with a friend, I was able to go through and go unconscious a couple of times. But when I do it alone, I back out once I get the dizziness effect because I know it is a certain death awaiting and no friend to rescue me. The pain with partial is bearable and isn't the issue; it's knowing you are going to die that is the issue.

I envy you that you have a friend to do it with. I just hope I will find my peace. Sometimes I just hope someone will end me.

Reactions: TheSuicidalEccentric and SimplyTopHat
C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
Same reason it's hard to jump. One second of hesitation, and BAM! here come the park rangers, and oh shit unique is in the psych ward, fucking again.

Think about it like this: it's hard to fast to lose weight because primitive humans had to eat the scarce resources available to them.

And, not to be NSFW, but for those who really really really don't want kids? How many of you don't enjoy orgasm?

Reactions: mesohappy
N

Nnana

Dec 1, 2019
Survival instinct is hell. I can't even manage to make myself pass out just for testing. I stop after feeling dizzy.

SimplyTopHat

SimplyTopHat

Student
Mar 20, 2019
I tried to do it partial 5 times. Twice there was nothing because I tried to do it on knees and with low pressure to neck. Then 3 times I tried to "sit" few cm above floor with feet on ground and SI kicked in always when I was about to pass out. I think I should do full suspention just to be sure. But Im afraid if few screws I would put into wall would hold me.

OMG! Preaching to the choir. Ugh! I feel you so much on this! It's so hard to override... &I was drunk too. *facepalm*

How are you feeling now, now that you know that it has been hard for you? What are your thoughts about potentially changing methods?

S

Sail_to_Infinity

Feb 24, 2020
Same reason it's hard to jump.
Jumping/full hanging are quite different situations where if you make a step into and jump/kick a stool under your feets there's no way back - you are a living dead by few seconds. Partial, if you don't tighten the loop rapidly there is no sharp drop in blood pressure you can regret in any moment.

D

davka

Feb 24, 2020
OMG! Preaching to the choir. Ugh! I feel you so much on this! It's so hard to override... &I was drunk too. *facepalm*

How are you feeling now, now that you know that it has been hard for you? What are your thoughts about potentially changing methods?
I decided I will go full suspension but I want to make sure that I will jump so that is hard to set up my mind

Reactions: Worndown
SimplyTopHat

SimplyTopHat

Student
Mar 20, 2019
I decided I will go full suspension but I want to make sure that I will jump so that is hard to set up my mind

That's fair. When it comes to our own demise, our lizard brains are too damn good at keeping us alive. *eye rolls * Just out of curiosity, it full suspension is an option, how come you started with short drop?

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
For me the most ironic thing is that people who done it succesfully can't share their "know-how" on overcoming fear and SI. I just dont trust some selfimprovement BS to help me overcome SI when those people who teach it have 0 experience in this.

And I believe people who willingly died would share the helpful info on how to.

Its early morning now for me I kinda like my own rant posts here...

There is no "know how" to overcoming fear and SI. The people who were successful were simply determined to end their life at all cost.

D

Doom76

CTB
Feb 12, 2020
Drink alcohol I have a bottle of whiskey to help feel sedated then die hanging beat the SI and ctb

C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
Drink alcohol I have a bottle of whiskey to help feel sedated then die hanging beat the SI and ctb
Nicht wahr, bro. Has yet to help jump.

Shooting, on the other hand: not yet totally confident in the piece and the rounds. Fixing that currently.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Empathise with the frustration in this thread.

Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I think partial-hanging is a waste of time. Even if you get it right, you'll have beaten by SI.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I think partial-hanging is a waste of time. Even if you get it right, you'll have beaten by SI.
Really? It seems like the only achievable method even though the SI is hard to overcome.

B

bpdandme

Experienced
Feb 3, 2020
It's the same as when you try to hold your breathe underwater but your body forces you to get out to get air

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I don't understand how so many people are successful with this method. A quick google shows so many reports of hanging, how do they manage it?

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Once you cul
I don't understand how so many people are successful with this method. A quick google shows so many reports of hanging, how do they manage it?
Because once you start, more so with full suspension, there isn't really any way to stop it. Sadly SI is engraved into humans for thousands of years, it's a primal instinct and incredibly hard to push past.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Once you cul

Because once you start, more so with full suspension, there isn't really any way to stop it. Sadly SI is engraved into humans for thousands of years, it's a primal instinct and incredibly hard to push past.
How do you think people complete partial though? Just a higher level of desperation?

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
How do you think people complete partial though? Just a higher level of desperation?
I think it comes down to willpower, we are all different and some have a stronger will than others. Despite how badly people want to ctb, that desperation isn't always enough. Just speculating though, like I said, we're all different.

Reactions: Walilamdzi
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Maybe its because you know that you can easily back out by just standing?
I have the same problem. Never been able to pull it off. Either applying pressure to the wrong area or getting scared and standing up

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Maybe its because you know that you can easily back out by just standing?
I have the same problem. Never been able to pull it off. Either applying pressure to the wrong area or getting scared and standing up
I found it really frightening last time and just had to get up, I was really panicking that I might black out again before being able to untie myself.