• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
I think you are not taking into account the fact that the throat cartilage breaks, this has been shown in autopsies of hangings. If it breaks fast before unconsciousness I think it will be excruciatingly painful. Also the pharyngeal nerves will cause pain specially in underweight people.

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
How about lowering yourself on the rope rather than taking a step? The pain should only last a moment before lights out, anyway.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
A slight "bump" will tighten everything up and get things working faster. Only a couple inches drop would be needed. Watch video and those folks seize almost instantly.

T

turin

Nov 4, 2020
one argument you missed on the FS v SN methods is alcohol. you can't drink for the SN apparently. and this makes it incredibly anxiety inducing. but having said that the benefit of bein able to drink before FS hanging to relive any anxiety- and some people like myself would like a drink goodbye- must be careful not to over consume and compromise achieving the hanging by making mistakes in anyway. but i my self would love to drink a bottle of tequila to over come any SI and make it more impulsive. be careful out there x

Reactions: mustard_glass
wunschtraum

wunschtraum

wish I was a cat
Jan 15, 2021
A slight "bump" will tighten everything up and get things working faster. Only a couple inches drop would be needed. Watch video and those folks seize almost instantly.
where would you place the knot?
sure that a little "bump" is better then slowly lowering?
idk if it really sure you will faint after a few seconds, also by Full.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Worndown and popuoh
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
if full is unattainable, is partial the next best option? if you have found the sweet spot and a good rope death is like 95% certain right?

Reactions: Worndown
B

bob12

Mar 8, 2021
if full is unattainable, is partial the next best option? if you have found the sweet spot and a good rope death is like 95% certain right?
100%, certainly not. 95%, I'd say no judging from the number of people coming back to this site to tak about it.

My own (anecdotal) experience is that when you go unconscious, your body will move and most likely release the pressure. I haven't found a way to both pass out and keep my body in the same place.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
There are many variables you did not consider. Positioning of the noose on the neck, the quality of the knot per se, and even the strength of ligature, that may break at the start, or minutes after unconsciouness, when you are not dead yet but your brain is injured enough for you to be impaired for life. You may back out of full suspension if there is support near enough if you don't fall unconscious fast enough as well. And survival instinct still kicks before you decide to drop. It can be very reliable, but I don't see it as a gold standard.

DonTellMeToStayAlive

DonTellMeToStayAlive

Student
Jan 18, 2019
Based on my research, I'm beginning to think that full suspension might just be the best method (unless you are one of the lucky few with a bottle of N lying around). I'm saying this in terms of 1. short time to unconsciousness (sets in immediately or seconds after), 2. short time to death (around ten minutes or so), 3. sureness of death (assume you perform the full suspension, there is no backing out once both feet are in the air, and death is guaranteed unless there is mechanical failure e.g. your rope breaks), and 4. accessibility.

In the book Complete Manual of Suicide, the author tells readers to look no further than full suspension, calling it the gold standard and even likens it to an art form in terms of its ability to deliver a rapid, tolerable, and effective death.

There's been many discussions regarding full vs. partial suspension, and it seems many people are interested in partial. Visually, the full suspension gives a perception of being hardcore/painful, and people seem to see partial suspension is a gentler form. However, I cannot think of any advantage that partial has over full (other than the fact that it's possibly easier to back out of). For full suspension, due to the effect of gravity + full body weight, it works by completely shutting the flow of blood into the brain, instantly depriving the brain of oxygen and leading to rapid unconsciousness. It is also possible to achieve this with partial, however there are a few disadvantages:
1. One must overcome survival instinct (with full suspension you are on autopilot)
2. There are two arteries relevant to hanging - the carotid arteries and vertebral arteries. Carotid arteries are more accessible while vertebral arteries are in a more difficult position, protected by bone structure and unable to be felt physically. In order to perform hanging most effectively, both arteries must be suppressed. In a full suspension, the gravity of full body weight and the resulting posture when hung in a fully upright manner ensures both carotid and vertebral arteries are fully engaged. With partial suspension it's trickier to fully engage the vertebral artery.
3. If not done properly, partial can lead to retention of consciousness while experiencing the distress of hanging/suffocation.
4. Sometimes we may see the head of a person turn purple while hanging - this is the result of blood being able to still flow into the brain, but with no way to flow out. It is likely that the carotid arteries have been suppressed while the vertebral arteries are still supplying blood to the brain. Under full suspension this will not be the case - watch the videos of full suspensions and you will hardly notice any discoloration. The one time I saw the head turn purple is with partial.

Watching videos of full suspension, once both feet is up in the air, there is no struggle. Consciousness is lost immediately or in a matter of few seconds. In the next few minutes, the body goes through convulsion all while being unconscious. All movement is gone typically after 3-5 minutes. Body can be declared medically dead at 10 minutes.

I don't profess to be an expert of any sort here. Please point out if I mentioned anything factually wrong. I welcome any push backs or counter-arguments. At the end of the day we all just want to learn from each other to find the best method!
do you have an english version of the Complete Manual of Suicide ? I want to read it but I have only come across the chinese version, which I cannot decipher

Reactions: Lupgevif
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
do you have an english version of the Complete Manual of Suicide ? I want to read it but I have only come across the chinese version, which I cannot decipher
I've been searching for it too, but it seems it has not been translated to English.

• Aww..
Reactions: DonTellMeToStayAlive
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
100%, certainly not. 95%, I'd say no judging from the number of people coming back to this site to tak about it.

My own (anecdotal) experience is that when you go unconscious, your body will move and most likely release the pressure. I haven't found a way to both pass out and keep my body in the same place.
yes i have since learned this. even practicing i have found that i start convulsing and end up on my feet. i don't remember losing consciousness but i guess i must have if i started convulsing. next time i get a chance i'm going to do partial hanging in my garage with multiple positions until i get it right, and if that doesn't work i'll just tie my noose for full suspension and kick the chair :(

Reactions: bob12
V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
What is a sweet spot?

B

bob12

Mar 8, 2021
What is a sweet spot?
Position of the rope that makes you pass out with little uncomfort.

It's interesting to better understand your anatomy and to make your own blood choke without having a brazilian jiu jitsu practitioner do it unto you.
I've become aware (and you should be too) that it is not a panacea and will not necessarily lead to death (and since you become unconscious, it might well result in trivial to shitty injuries to your throat or head - I've learnt the hard way that you gain momentum quick when you go limp while standing up)

Reactions: verloren and Lupgevif
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
It's also one of the more silent methods. You can die with a sort of dignity alone on your own. No trauma of an ambulance or other people. It also does have some drawbacks. I think the simplicity of it is what draws people to it. Very few supplies and a small amount of time.