RoadBLOCK

RoadBLOCK

Jul 9, 2024
There are screams in every hospital, cancer patients, people without legs. Why does Hollywood always show beautiful people? Are the patients people who were thrown away and became outcasts?

Reactions: sevennn
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess because people watch movies and TV for escapism. But, it's not only beautiful people who get cast for a show. They may also need people who aren't at all attractive to play other parts. Obviously- they need to be able to act though!

Maybe it's a chicken and egg scenario- maybe the less attractive people out there who would like to act don't want to spend thousands and train for years to get into acting only to find they get no work. The Arts in general contains lots of high risk jobs. Plenty of people likely don't want to risk trying to live like that.

So- the likelihood that Hollywood and the like will go for looks may put less attractive people off trying to train and go for those jobs to begin with.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
"Hollywood" or even just general TV productions show patients always as kinda suffering but "private patients" in single rooms. That's simply a a myth if an actual irl isn't rich enough or has no insurance to cover this. They also can't show a truly horrible scene of people suffering bc that would be a kinda "horror movie" with different restrictions. In the end it's just a movie and in movies it's most likely that they always have a good end. It's not real. That's how it is.

Reactions: yellowjester
destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Experienced
Feb 16, 2024
I think its the way hollywood works. Hollywood has changed so much that its so much harder to find average looking people. I understand wanting good looking people in movies but if u take movies and especially tv shows from the UK, there's so much of a sense of living in reality. A lot of the actors look like the characters they're playing. There are average to above average looking people like many people we see in our daily life.

K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
People simply like to look at attractive people because it triggers the reward circuits in our brains. Even babies prefer and look longer at attractive faces. Beauty sells. I'm definitely guilty of this as well. I've watched films that I wouldn't have finished if the actor wasn't so hot.

yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
Reality is too morbid for most people. Everything has to be sugercoated. That's just the way it is.