A

ASwissGuy99

Just a lonely wanderer, wandering aimlessly
Mar 16, 2023
It seefms many people don't have an ounce of empathy, especially when it comes to invisible illnesses.
Like chronic fatigue.

Many many times kvd been accused of just pretending to be tired and I'm just lazy and don't want to do anything.

Bug i do, it's just my body often doesn't obey my will. And he refuses to do what I want.

And well my parents especially back then thought I was always beingv lazy because I failed in sdchool because of fatigue.

They never thought about going to the doctor for it.

And many doctors font really do extensive screenings either, they just don't seem to care often

Why isn't chronic fatigue and pain taken seriously?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: finnn, rue, DiscT and 3 others
Memoka

Memoka

The Galaxy Mage
Mar 21, 2023
Its about their problems. Life is pain.
Love only yourself or love everyone but yourself?

Reactions: tuyu
LookAway

LookAway

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Because they have underdeveloped souls and overdeveloped egos.

Reactions: rue and DiscT
H

harpy

Mar 14, 2023
They did not experience it or anything like it, and they struggle to relate even remotely to things they never experienced. Some people are like that, they can't imagine how powerful psychological pressure can be.

Reactions: anguila_anguila, redbathingduck and tuyu
A

ASwissGuy99

Mar 16, 2023
They did not experience it or anything like it, and they struggle to relate even remotely to things they never experienced

I've also often heard I'm a burden that should die.

• Hugs
Reactions: guayabas
A

ASwissGuy99

Mar 16, 2023
In their eyes you are a person that doesn't work while not having any disabilities. People are hypocritical like that.

But if I really would want to kill myself, they would call the cops on me.

Logic?

I guess they just want me to starve to death or something, or freeze to death homeless.

H

harpy

Mar 14, 2023
But if I really would want to kill myself, they would call the cops on me.

Logic?

I guess they just want me to starve to death or something, or freeze to death homeless.
Like I said people are hypocritic like that. Or they just want you to suffer.

Reactions: DiscT
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Empathy is predicated on the ability to recognize yourself in someone else's experience. If someone is experiencing something alien to another person, then empathy can break down.

Reactions: DiscT and leavingsoon99
d3ad

d3ad

Student
Mar 15, 2023
I am so sorry buddy. I can relate and I also get judged because of my ADHD. I am here if you need someone to talk to.
One thing that has helped me is to be there for my own self. It took time for me to master that. I had to practise over and over until I finally learnt to be kind to myself. I highly suggest that, it will help you.

ShotgunShell

ShotgunShell

go kitty go kitty
Mar 20, 2023
The human race is a very selfish one. I don't even like talking to people that have never truly felt suicidal or have depression, because they just don't get it. Trying to get sympathy/empathy from people who have never truly suffered is like talking to a brick wall.

I am at a place where I truly think that people as a whole are just evil- they are unempathtic because it doesn't benefit them in some kind of way. People only want to do things nowadays if they can get something in return for their "kindness".

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
I think it's cultural. The culture and system a lot of us live under are very individualistic and encourage selfishness, convince ppl everyone can have whatever they want if they try hard enough, so they can continue to oppress us and make us or everyone around us blame ourselves for failing a rigged game. If we keep blaming ourselves/each other, we don't see the rigged game and they get to keep hoarding wealth/resources. plus a lot of ppl didn't learn empathy as a child, so they didn't teach empathy to their children, and it becomes a cycle. not very helpful or comforting. You deserve the medical care you need though

• Love
DiscT

DiscT

Feb 3, 2023
A very bad trend I am noticing from young is that people start putting work before themselves. I don't know why that it is. I'm not sure if it is they hate themselves, only have an identity in their job or see it as mandatory but it is quite sad. When a person who their entire life has heard work first, you last, that person would want others to do the same. Life is not about working yourself to death, that has to change. The ambitious society is based on slaving also so people don't want to stop working and lose their 'position'. But we should have known building a society on workaholism was unhealthy. It is bound to fail and a self-destructive one. Doctors and parents are all in this situation and they know it. They just can't or don't choose to do anything about it. They've accepted their situation and now you are the scapegoat who has to "adjust" which is bullshit because you never asked to be here.View attachment de1a90_45905c0ecb164d6795f16a3810b4c377_mv2.webp

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
They just don't care about others suffering and that is the reality, they don't want to hear about what others go through so they just act in a dismissive way. And I think that the attitude can come from lack of understanding as well, of the persons situation, maybe if they suffered in a similar way they wouldn't be so insensitive. It's just best to not open up to humans at all in my opinion.

nwuibe

nwuibe

Mar 21, 2023
Because they think lacking empathy gives them power.

I'm so sorry love that you're going through this. I'm in med school and I can confirm that chronic fatigue IS a real thing and should NOT be underestimated ! Plus, my teachers told me that if you're a doctor and if you don't have empathy + don't take your patient seriously = you're a bad doctor šŸ‘Ž

So I really hope that you find good people that can help you on a daily basis. I'm certain there are doctors that are willing to understand your problem and help you

Reactions: rue
rue

rue

chronically ill
Sep 22, 2019
Because they have underdeveloped souls and overdeveloped egos.
This is so well put. I agree. Immature & inflated ego seems to be the combo for lots of people. Maybe even most.
To the op: I'm sorry. What you are going through with your invisible illness is exhausting. I wish people were kinder to you, I really do. But if they can't/won't.. Try to be kinder to yourself instead. All you can do, I suppose

Reactions: LookAway