• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Cepi

Cepi

It’s not a bad existence, just a bad life
May 12, 2023
I haven't been here for too long but most seem to want to ctb with mixture of meds and I'm confused as to why most people don't get a gun if we're all of legal age? Are guns really that hard to come by in your area? Or is money an issue? To me it seems, guns are the way to go in terms of a peaceful painless method. Please explain to me why guns aren't seen here as a main method cause I plan on purchasing a gun in the future and doing the deed.

• Love
Reactions: EndJstifiesTheMeans
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Because outside the States they're really not accessible for many. Also, many in the States can't cause of background checks or fear of being questioned (I.e. shotgun specifically). Not everyone can afford them either. Some may simply not be trained or comfortable with using firearms. If you fail an attempt, the physical damage can be real bad. People might want their brain to be examined after death, to offer an explanation as to their behaviour ( a notible example could be Benoit). Lastly, they leave a messy cadaver, and many don't want that for loved ones. So plenty of reasons right.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fulz, murmur, Kikoo and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
In the US a lot of people are barred from buying guns for one reason or another. In other countries, guns are all but banned and difficult to get. And as you said, for many, cost is an issue. Some just don't want to go out that way, as it might not leave a "pretty" corpse. That's an issue for some. Some have never held a gun in their entire life and just aren't comfortable with them. Still, in the US, something like 55% of suicides deaths are done with a firearm. Also, I think the idea of "drinking" or "taking" something seems a lot easier. In the end the best method is the one you're comfortable with and actually have access to.

Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
I would love to use a firearm but I can't purchase one legally. I believe it's really just an issue of access for people.

Reactions: F&Inside, imonadeadline, Fulz and 1 other person
Octavia

Octavia

“I’d… rather kill myself.”
Mar 4, 2023
The 2nd Amendment only applies in the US lol

In the vast majority of other countries you won't be able to own firearms if you have any mental health history, or at least they would take some time vetting you. The US doesn't care due to the NRA being extremely good at lobbying.

Reactions: F&Inside
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
To me it's simply too cruel and I'm pretty sure I could never trigger it. I prefer a peaceful death preferably while sleeping and that would work best with drug/med OD and CO imo. Besides that, there's no mess and my body would also look more or less still "nice".

Reactions: CW36
Cepi

Cepi

May 12, 2023
That clears things up for me. I guess growing up in the states has me used to hearing about gun related deaths. But isn't the chance of overdosing quite low and would for sure lead to irreparable damage compared to that if you shot yourself in a secluded area and you'd bleed to death if you missed the shot? I'm trying to come up with a plan in the future.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and CW36
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
That clears things up for me. I guess growing up in the states has me used to hearing about gun related deaths. But isn't the chance of overdosing quite low and would for sure lead to irreparable damage compared to that if you shot yourself in a secluded area and you'd bleed to death if you missed the shot? I'm trying to come up with a plan in the future.
If you shot yourself in the head in the middle of a forest, then yes, it's highly unlikely you'll fail one way or another. But that's the same with any method in relative seclusion.

Reactions: F&Inside, Cepi, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

Jul 19, 2023
I'm not sure, I almost want to leave my family with a mess... Also, I see lots of people saying how people in America with felonies/Violent crime charges can't get them... Maybe it's just me and that I've been involved in a lot of gang activity, but the fact that people are felons doesn't stop people from getting guns where I'm from, I could make 1 phone call and have a brand new glock for a few hundred bucks maybe even with a switch, but I also have people I could call and just get a gun for free to use for the day or something, and if I ended up using it for something I would just have to tell them and maybe pay them for it or something but if all I did was rob someone with it they would take it back with no problems.

Reactions: edgar allan poe and Praestat_Mori
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
do you think everyone is from the US?

• Yay!
Reactions: F&Inside, ChildrensITV, jonward55 and 1 other person
ninevoltheart

ninevoltheart

Aug 13, 2023
a lot of countries have huge restrictions on firearm access, for one, and not everyone is comfortable or familiar with handling weaponry. if you failed, you'd fail pretty fucking hard. also gunshot wounds are incredibly gruesome, not a lot of people want their loved ones to find them that way.

i've heard before that most suicides by firearm are done by men, because they would rather a permanent solution; whereas women often choose less severe methods because the decision isn't always final, and they wouldn't leave a big mess behind. this is why more men die by suicide, while more women attempt. although, from studies i've read, these statistics are changing and more women are using firearms now compared to the past. i find it interesting to think about

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because many people including me live in places where guns cannot be accessed for ctb, it's not an option in the UK.

T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I don't use a gun because it's hard to get permits in Finland. There have been 2 really bad school shootings here. Gun laws were tightened a lot after them. A doctor's certificate is required here for a gun permit, and I can't get that with this mental health history. The acquisition of illegal weapons is not possible.

A gun would be an easy and quick departure. But gas is the best way

Reactions: Cepi
Cepi

Cepi

May 12, 2023
I don't know if I should feel grateful for being in the US or sad that the main suicide method is quite accessible for people in the US. For me I could purchase an illegal firearm quote quickly with the gang related areas I live by for about $300. I've also heard purchasing a firearm in the US legally even with psychiatric visits is possible due to confidentiality of them. I'm pretty certain you get them exempt too if you fight for your case in court saying you turned your life if you showed progress. That's one of my main motivators for me even going to school and being a responsible adult. I'll leave updates in follow up posts to tell you all about if it was possible for me to acquire a firearm. Thanks for everyone's feedback!

Borderline

Borderline

Borderline Personality Disorder
Aug 8, 2023
In my country it's not possible to get a gun. 😂

Reactions: F&Inside and jonward55
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
I haven't been here for too long but most seem to want to ctb with mixture of meds and I'm confused as to why most people don't get a gun if we're all of legal age? Are guns really that hard to come by in your area? Or is money an issue? To me it seems, guns are the way to go in terms of a peaceful painless method. Please explain to me why guns aren't seen here as a main method cause I plan on purchasing a gun in the future and doing the deed.
You seen very young or naive not knowing that guns are mostly an American thing. Hence the answer why most people can not use guns.

Reactions: Cepi
immrw

immrw

Jan 22, 2023
well I can't buy a gun for 5 years because I was in the psych ward. They're also expensive. I've seen someone in group therapy who failed a ctb gun method and it was sorta disturbing.

EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

Bad english, didn't go to school sorry
May 14, 2023
No guns in italy unfortunally..

ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
Cepi has just learned that the internet is available in other countries! :smiling:

Reactions: jonward55 and Cepi
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I actually bought a shotgun. I returned it because I got cold feet. Essentially, I was worried about it failing (even though I know that is extremely unlikely) and leaving me disfigured or extremely messed up. I was also worried that it might kill me but not instantly, like I might not shoot correctly and I end up being alive and conscious, waiting to die (also extremely unlikely). I did see some articles that talked about multiple gunshot wounds to the head during a suicide, which really freaked me out. It was sort of an impulsive buy and I wasn't thinking about the actual logistics/ consequences. What really solidified my decision was thinking about my parents. I love them and I didn't want them to have to see me that way. That's really the biggest reason why I decided against this method.

F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
I'm from Europe, not much more to add except if I had access I think I would seriously consider it. Greetings to everyone.

Cepi

Cepi

May 12, 2023
Cepi has just learned that the internet is available in other countries! :smiling:
You seen very young or naive not knowing that guns are mostly an American thing. Hence the answer why most people can not use guns.
I'm 23, but yeah I'm naive. I had no clue guns weren't available to civilians in other countries. I figured you could at least buy a pistol or illegal buy them if you looked hard enough.

Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
Well some places getting guns are ether impossible/almost impossible to get

Plus suicides by guns (mainly shotguns) are not a pretty sight to look at and whoever finds you will be horrified.
If I did have a gun though I would use it on myself but before I do I would go somewhere very remote like a desert or something and than pull the trigger.
I don't want anyone to find me like that

Reactions: Action
Nakiya

Nakiya

Please be patient, I can't understand easily
Aug 17, 2023
I know it's silly but I wanna look cute when it happens. I wanna be in pretty clothes and I want to smell good if possible. I always wanted to be pretty and adorable

• Love
Reactions: Holu
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Assuming we are talking legal and not ghost guns, it's hard to get firearms in a lot of places, hard to get firearms if diagnosed mentally ill, hard to get firearms if you have a documented episode/5150.

Might also be the possibility that firearm owners don't wish to further add incentive for firearm bans, as suicide prevention is one of the main reasons for a ban on firearms.

Dead Already

Dead Already

-
Jul 14, 2023
As an American, I could go buy a gun in a matter of minutes.

When I CTB, I want to be as at peace as possible.

Blowing my head off would be fine with me, easy, quick, very little margin for error with all the years of military training. Shotgun in the mouth pointed upwards to the top of my head.....
No worries, HAMMER DOWN, done deal.
Thought about it for many years as the pain stacked up in my heart and tore my soul apart.

Guilt stops me, thinking about the poor soul that has to clean the bits of skin, bone, brains and blood up after I CTB.
What will go through thier head as they re-paint the walls to cover the bloody mess.

With the responsibility that comes with free choice, I do not wish to traumatize another in such a cruel manner.

That system is not conducive to what I wish to "feel" at the last second of this tortured life.
Not knowing what the afterlife brings,
I will not take this life's, guilt, sorrows, or pain with me, hopefully clean slate, another chance perhaps to be something better than what I have been.

Maybe even a good man.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess it's not impossible to get a gun in the UK but it isn't easy. I suppose part of it is we grow up not really thinking that owning a gun is just a regular thing to do. To do it officially, I imagine you need licenses from the police etc. I doubt they are as easy to come by illegally here as they maybe are in other countries.

It doesn't actually seem a fail safe way to go either- which surprised me. I think hearing stories of how people survived with half their jaw or face blown off troubled me. There's obviously the aftermarth of it too. Some people don't like the idea of inflicting that image on their families.

Reactions: Action
Stuckinpast28

Stuckinpast28

Drifter of life
Jul 9, 2023
In Canada, you need to follow two courses (gun handling and gun safety) in order to be able to request a permit to own a gun plus buying the gun requires a background check with a mental health evaluation (if I'm not mistaken) so if you are depressive there is a good chance that they will refuse to sell you a gun.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
In the UK handguns (apart from goverment agencies and the military) are banned. Rifles are strictly licensed, shotgun certificates challenging to obtain and even air weapons are limited in power and must be registered.
It's even illegal to carry a lock knife or a bladed weapon with a blade longer than 3" in a public place.
Access to firearms is generally not a realistic prospect for us Brits.