• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
Earlier today when I was at the gym (feels a little dumb to go to the gym when I plan on ctb this summer but hey, it's better than doing nothing, I guess) the thought struck me, of how few people actually end up commiting suicide. Around 800 people commits suicide every year in my country (6 million inhabitants). 800 divided by 6.000.000*100 = 00,13 times the average lifespan (78 years) = 1,04% - just a little over 1% commits suicide in my country. Life is far more suffering that enjoyment for the average person. I understand, that people who were just extremely lucky and were dealt all the right cards may not want to commit suicide. But for the average person (and certainly for people below average) life is really not worth it imo - especially not after the age of 40...

You have to work at least 35 hours a week along with all the other shit you have to do, just to simply get by in life and on top of that your body and mind will start to decline in function and break down more and more for every year passing. Maybe if you have kids or have become independently wealthy it makes sense to keep going, but if you don't want kids or haven't gotten wealthy, it makes perfect sense to check out when you are young instead of living through your own decline and misery. I know it's harsh, but as i'm approaching 30, I really appreciate the motto "life fast and die young" a lot more - it's a completely sensible way to look at life imo.

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Fear, guilt, not actually wanting to die, having a purpose, enduring for one's kids, failing an attempt... there are tons of reasons.

IMO, being suicidal is worse than having a normal life. I've been in both sides. All the things you have to do, the feelings you fight against, are infinitely worse than a normal life to me, way too intense to compare them. Suicide isn't the easy way out many people claim. I'd always choose my current life.

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Suffering.
Feb 28, 2023
I think many people just don't see life as an issue, suffering just doesn't seem to bother them. There's lots of obligations that keep people tied to existence. And it's very hard to ctb so over 1/20 attempts fail.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I think many people just don't see life as an issue, suffering just doesn't seem to bother them. There's lots of obligations that keep people tied to existence. And it's very hard to ctb so over 1/20 attempts fail.
This. I can only compare this to being neurodivergent and dealing with the neurotypical masses. It's like they are NPCs and have no critical thinking as long as they have a funny Tik Tok on their phone.

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
IMO another reason could be HOPE.
I mean, if you have a nice family, you have a car, decent/job or spare money and you 'hope' that the people around you will score well in life and make themselves useful, why should you want to ctb?
A thing that i don't understand for example is excessive wealth.
I'm ok with my belongings and i was always proud of my family and friends, even if we were not the richest on the planet.
Yet other things that broke me(apart from bad luck) were family and friends, because they don't feel enough and they are always there with their dirty minds and venomous tongues, always in search for something and manipulated by media and stupid trends. I decided to keep my mind and heart at safe, far from these things.

Many crimes, suicides etc... are caused by wealth discrepancies and IMO it is not an impossible thing to solve.

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
We see life as pointless and suffering but normal people just don't see it that way.

Also, a lot of depression is treatable. It just leaves us <1% of people who have untreatable depression that end up CTBing.

I don't know what percentage of people do CTB but I suspect its a lot less than 1%, maybe like 0.01% or something.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand those who act like suicide is as straightforward as just choosing to be gone, in my case I feel trapped here as we exist in this evil, hellish pro-suffering society where there is the absence of peaceful, guaranteed ways to die for all. Also what I'd fear is trying to die potentially going wrong and leading to way worse suffering as a result. I really despise how we cannot just have the option to die in peace, I'm tired of suffering in this undesirable existence, it would prevent so much agony and torment if suicide wasn't basically illegal and was accepted instead.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
That's because most people don't consider having an average or below average life style as a reason to ctb.
Why not? If I had a below average lifestyle I would definitely ctb. Personally, I only look for the best and don't settle for less. My situation right now is kind of like gaming the system, but it won't last. I will eventually ctb as my final form of rebellion

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Why not? If I had a below average lifestyle I would definitely ctb. Personally, I only look for the best and don't settle for less. My situation right now is kind of like gaming the system, but it won't last. I will eventually ctb as my final form of rebellion
"I" being the key word.

Majority of the population still finds beauty and happiness in those circumstances. That is mostly what differentiates us suicidals from non suicidals.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
"I" being the key word.

Majority of the population still finds beauty and happiness in those circumstances. That is mostly what differentiates us suicidals from non suicidals.
I guess so. They enjoy their suffering? Personally I find it hard to believe…but I'm not normal so I'll never understand how normies think

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I guess so. They enjoy their suffering? Personally I find it hard to believe…but I'm not normal so I'll never understand how normies think
Only us consider it as suffering. They just call it living. Most non suicidal people do realize life usually isn't perfect but they also find balance in their happiness and sadness. It's when the balance becomes more tipped to the side of sadness depression and generally not enjoying life that one starts considering ctb.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Only us consider it as suffering. They just call it living. Most non suicidal people do realize life usually isn't perfect but they also find balance in their happiness and sadness. It's when the balance becomes more tipped to the side of sadness depression and generally not enjoying life that one starts considering ctb.
Buddhists say that "life is suffering" though

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Buddhists say that "life is suffering" though
Other religions would also tell you similar or a different version of that. But at the end of the day if most people found life to be that much suffering everyone would be offing themselves or actively looking for peaceful methods to ctb.

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I can't tell if that is supposed to be a real question or not, tbh.. there are many factors that seem quite obvious and plausible imo.

D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
i can only speak for myself and for me its because of no peaceful method that works. i at least want a cleaner, non-messy exit.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Life is far more suffering that enjoyment for the average person. I understand, that people who were just extremely lucky and were dealt all the right cards may not want to commit suicide. But for the average person (and certainly for people below average) life is really not worth it imo - especially not after the age of 40...
I think you put a very low level as "average". The truly suicidal people are a small minority compared to the population of a whole country. The vast majority takes life as it is.

Whether life is worth to be lived for a person or not is a pretty much subjective.

anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
Probably because the more sure fire ways of being able to successfully CTB requires you to avoid your SI. Jumping of a building, hanging yourself, jumping off a bridge, shooting yourself, etc are all dangerous methods that require some level of bravery. That's why methods like SN and N are not widely available, since there's easier methods, and harder to develop SI when doing them.