• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

accidentaldeath

accidentaldeath

Student
May 29, 2018
Well not everybody is as unhappy as we are. As I've told in some posts I was pretty happy and loved my life some years ago. We all tend to see the life from our side, most of you here tell life is a shit, and looks like it's all darkness and bad things and often don't appreciate that some people enjoy their life. The same happens for the people which enjoy their life, they think life is awesome and don't understand some people don't like their lifes.

The conclusion is just try to get in other's people shoes, I saw once in this forum somebody telling he wished the humanity ends and all people die. Just because life fucked me up I don't wish everybody else die, it's just common sense. The same happens with people which enjoy their life, they won't see that life is a bitch some times.

accidentaldeath

accidentaldeath

Student
May 29, 2018
I want to make it clear that I don't view my veteran status as a point of pride. I signed up to do a duty to my country and in the process of doing that duty, I got blood on my hands that will never wash off. But any country that sends their people off to do their dirty work owes them when that duty is finished. In America, there's lots of flag-waving and jingoistic bluster, but there is very little follow-through in actually caring for veterans.

Really, it's just one example of many of how society is all talk. Nobody really gives a shit if they don't stand to profit in one way or another. People suck.

Well, I see your point, but at least in America most of the people is proud of their flag and their military. In my country beign a military is some times seen as a bad thing, when I talked with my family about entering the air force they told me "We will whatever studies you want, but we encourage you to not enter the air force", they respected a little bit more my opinion when I told them I wanted to apply for fighter pilot and lastly with the time became proud. I've heard that in america people often tell thank for your service when you wear the uniform outside, here when wearing the uniform on the street people will some times look at you with a bad face, and nobody won't ever tell you nothing. It's been some time since I had to leave my dream profession due to personal problems, which is one of the main reasons I'm here. But I still heard from some buddies which are still in the army telling that they often get in trouble and fights when people recognize them as militaries in pubs and night clubs.

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

Not Circling the Drain Anymore
May 31, 2018
Well, I see your point, but at least in America most of the people is proud of their flag and their military. In my country beign a military is some times seen as a bad thing, when I talked with my family about entering the air force they told me "We will whatever studies you want, but we encourage you to not enter the air force", they respected a little bit more my opinion when I told them I wanted to apply for fighter pilot and lastly with the time became proud. I've heard that in america people often tell thank for your service when you wear the uniform outside, here when wearing the uniform on the street people will some times look at you with a bad face, and nobody won't ever tell you nothing. It's been some time since I had to leave my dream profession due to personal problems, which is one of the main reasons I'm here. But I still heard from some buddies which are still in the army telling that they often get in trouble and fights when people recognize them as militaries in pubs and night clubs.
I went in the military in the late 90's. And the main reason I did it is because it was an easy way to pay for college with the GI bill and learn a foreign language in the process. Then 9/11 happened and I got stop-lossed. The second I saw those planes hit the towers I knew that I had just gotten WAY more than I signed up for. People do say "thank you for your service" here A LOT. It's like a reflex, like saying "bless you" when you sneeze. And it's always awkward for me, because I could give a fuck if they thank me or not. If they really wanted to thank me they could elect leaders to keep us out of these shitty wars in the first place, and elect leaders to actually care for the soldiers they fuck up in their shitty wars.

All I wanted was a college tuition check, and I got my life fucked up instead. So "you're welcome," I guess...

And now I viciously discourage any kids I come across thinking about joining the military. And I flat out told my kids: If I see you in a military uniform, I have failed as a parent.

accidentaldeath

accidentaldeath

Student
May 29, 2018
I went in the military in the late 90's. And the main reason I did it is because it was an easy way to pay for college with the GI bill and learn a foreign language in the process. Then 9/11 happened and I got stop-lossed. The second I saw those planes hit the towers I knew that I had just gotten WAY more than I signed up for. People do say "thank you for your service" here A LOT. It's like a reflex, like saying "bless you" when you sneeze. And it's always awkward for me, because I could give a fuck if they thank me or not. If they really wanted to thank me they could elect leaders to keep us out of these shitty wars in the first place, and elect leaders to actually care for the soldiers they fuck up in their shitty wars.

All I wanted was a college tuition check, and I got my life fucked up instead. So "you're welcome," I guess...

And now I viciously discourage any kids I come across thinking about joining the military. And I flat out told my kids: If I see you in a military uniform, I have failed as a parent.

I see your point. However I don't share your opinion, for me every person fighting ISIS is a hero. And I will always thank them and fully respect their service.

War is sad, I know but when you join the military you know you can be deployed, military shouldn't be in any case a quick way of getting money. I personally saw a lot of videos of what ISIS was doing and I would have loved to be deployed and bomb them all. Even when I had to leave I deben thought of going as volunteer with any of the volunteers groups which combat in Irak and Syria instead of ctb, but is pretty difficult to join.

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
I see your point. However I don't share your opinion, for me every person fighting ISIS is a hero. And I will always thank them and fully respect their service.

War is sad, I know but when you join the military you know you can be deployed, military shouldn't be in any case a quick way of getting money. I personally saw a lot of videos of what ISIS was doing and I would have loved to be deployed and bomb them all. Even when I had to leave I deben thought of going as volunteer with any of the volunteers groups which combat in Irak and Syria instead of ctb, but is pretty difficult to join.
Your view is very binary; good and evil. Of course it's good to fight ISIL and all the other baddies, but fighting an actual war is so much different. There is collateral damage in any war, especially in an unconventional war like those we're fighting now, and those are the deaths that stick to your conscience.

accidentaldeath

accidentaldeath

Student
May 29, 2018
Your view is very binary; good and evil. Of course it's good to fight ISIL and all the other baddies, but fighting an actual war is so much different. There is collateral damage in any war, especially in an unconventional war like those we're fighting now, and those are the deaths that stick to your conscience.

Sure there are, the only thing those cowards know how to do is use children as human shields and that kind of dirty moves, I know lot of innocent people die, but if we don't stop them more people will. Just imagine a member of your close family died by an attacks like those which happened here in Europe not long time ago, I'm almost sure you would change your opinión and hope more people is sent to stop them. Anyway, what I just tell is that when you apply for soldier you should know the risk you are taking, know thst they can send you to war and expect the worse. Military shouldn't be in any case seen as a way to get quick money.

Reactions: dano6533
dwight

dwight

Jun 30, 2018
Because suicide looks bad on the public and they try to prevent others from killing themselves to save their own reputation.

"Yeah, we're a great community because everyone here is a happy and healthy individual!"

NO. That's not how it works! We don't get to choose who else lives and dies, we only get to decide that for ourselves! I wish suicide could be viewed less negatively in society.

yaassss! i swear, FINALLY someone making sense!
ohno.gif

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Some of you may have seen that post I put where a guy said "No man's an island" and he tried to say that we all have friends. I was talking on Quora again about having no one to give me money and some guy said that he couldn't believe no one had friends and that I was mistaken.

Why is society like this? Why is it so unfathomable that an individual could have no one caring for them? Would they say "No man's an island" to a homeless person who wants to kill themselves?

As a general rule of thumb people want to believe evreyone is very important, effects the world is valuable, etc. You are going against commonly held rose colored views, it's best to respect those absurd preceptions, even though they are absurd.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018

I am from America. I almost joined the military when I was 18. My recruiters really wanted me to join. I scored an almost perfect score on the military entrence exam without studying and was in great shape. I could do one arm pullups, run fast, far etc. My parents had always told me not to join the military and were opposed to me joining. Without my parents influence I would of joined(I told myself it was becuase I could not quit and many people regret joining the military while they are in the military) . If I liked it enough I think I would be a mercenary right now(pays much more I would of tried for special forces and would of made it so it would of been easy. Anyways I don't think military automatically deserves more respect than any profession. They do many questionable things, it's a safer job than many civilian jobs etc.

Last edited:
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018

Why did you put ISIL instead of ISIS?

chronicpainnomore

chronicpainnomore

May 31, 2018
Why did you put ISIL instead of ISIS?
The terms are pretty much interchangeable. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria vs Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. It's a matter of geography, mostly. They can also be referred to as Daesh which is an acronym based on the Arabic term الدولة الإسلامية في العراق والشام

Like everything else in that whole region, it's complicated. And then you throw the language barrier in there and it's an all-out clusterfuck.