B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
maybe I have that data incorrect, but in the NN megathread it said 3-5 minutes, but in PH I saw 10-15 and in Tourniquet Variation II thread it said 20 minutes. I thought all of these basically did the same thing? Thank you in advance. Also, wish I could practice compressing the carotid's more without getting a headache. Gonna practice this sht and somehow make myself more depressed haha

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
3-5 minutes of cutting off blood supply fully is the general time it takes for someone to die from lack of oxygen supply. the time variation is because depending on the pressure you apply and potentially SI kicking in, it can vastly differ how long it will actually take until passing and it's always good to add some extra time of minimum 30 minutes where you know you won't be found in case of attempts to revive you.

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart and Praestat_Mori
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
3-5 minutes of cutting off blood supply fully is the general time it takes for someone to die from lack of oxygen supply. the time variation is because depending on the pressure you apply and potentially SI kicking in, it can vastly differ how long it will actually take until passing and it's always good to add some extra time of minimum 30 minutes where you know you won't be found in case of attempts to revive you.
thank you for your response. Once you're passed out/unconscious, then you're out, and shouldn't it be around the same time for all methods, once you go unconscious? Is it that NN can apply more pressure? Just seems like 3-5 min and 15 min is a HUGE difference, as far as not being found, etc...

Reactions: TapeMachine and Jealous Blackheart
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
thank you for your response. Once you're passed out/unconscious, then you're out, and shouldn't it be around the same time for all methods, once you go unconscious? Is it that NN can apply more pressure? Just seems like 3-5 min and 15 min is a HUGE difference, as far as not being found, etc...
like i said it varies how much pressure you apply and i imagine the different materials can be a factor on how much even pressure ends up applied. so all of them could potentially make you pass out in seconds and lead to death just few minutes later if you do correctly. But like mentioned, even if it's quick, always assume it will take longer and add extra time into your plans just in case and try around between the methods until you found something where you feel like it's the right one.

personally i found hanging to be better for myself, the tourniquet method made me feel like my head explodes and took longer until i was close to passing out. others have said it's the opposite for them. just try out and test them out until you found the one method most comfortable and peaceful to you

Reactions: Bacon and Baseball
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
like i said it varies how much pressure you apply and i imagine the different materials can be a factor on how much even pressure ends up applied. so all of them could potentially make you pass out in seconds and lead to death just few minutes later if you do correctly. But like mentioned, even if it's quick, always assume it will take longer and add extra time into your plans just in case and try around between the methods until you found something where you feel like it's the right one.

personally i found hanging to be better for myself, the tourniquet method made me feel like my head explodes and took longer until i was close to passing out. others have said it's the opposite for them. just try out and test them out until you found the one method most comfortable and peaceful to you
thanks for this. This makes sense. So basically, it could take less than 10 minutes, or even 5, for any of the methods, if you applied enough pressure. That's what I was looking for. I'm just so much dumber than I used to be. Have to watch a video 5 times to figure out how to do a tourniquet knot. Have to watch 3 tutorials to figure how to do a ratchet strap. It's almost just easier to stay alive lol

Reactions: Morgengrauen