• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
I heard that engaging in self-harm may activate the brains regular opioid system, leading to the release of endorphins and this can result in temporary relief or euphoria as the pain and the emotional distress that caused the pain are temporary alleviated but there are a lot of reasons why someone might feel happier after hurting themselves. I also feel a bit happier after inflicting pain on myself

Reactions: annxietty
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Because your brain focuses on the painful physical sensations diverting attention away from the emotional pain.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
annxietty

annxietty

anxious
Mar 27, 2023
Well, self harming is addictive, like a previous reply says there is a scientific explanation, explaining how the brain works and all that, but Im sure it also has other reasons... in my case I hurt myself as a punishment, I do something wrong? I cut or hit myself until I see bruises... "I deserve this" I think, also sometimes I have violent impulses but I refuse to be violent towards someone other than myself, so I hit and cut myself... its hard to explain to someone who doesnt self harm just how amazing it feels, the relaxation, the tranquility... better than many meds lol

Reactions: iloveduster
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Endorphins. It works in a very similar way to exercise in the way that it releases endorphins, which is why people often say to work out as a substitute for self harm. I will say, if you're ever looking to quit self harm, going on a run will give you that feeling of relief but even better. You get the benefit of feeling pain during the run, and then you get the endorphin high when you're done. The human body is quite interesting.

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
what others have said, the act itself releases this rush of endorphins.
i get that way too. for me, it's like that, and relief. seeing all the blood is just a huge relief for me. i can't hurt others if i'm hurting myself at least.
this has lead me to a deeper thought, though.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Self-harm acts as a way to translate emotional pain into physical pain. It acts as a release of those emotions. When you do something, like cut yourself, you are causing your body to release endorphins that help with both the pain and stress that you are feeling. These endorphins are part of why it feels good and plays a role in causing self-harm to become addictive. Other aspects, such as the self punishment aspect, can also lead to feelings of satistfaction after you self-harm.