Do you eat spicy food that burns your mouth?

• Yes, it really burns but I love it

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • As long as it's not too spicy

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No you can keep it

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
TydalWave

TydalWave

Brutally Self-Aware
Sep 20, 2022
I absolutely love spicy food, hot sauce, you name it.

I think the more you eat great food that is spicy, the more it conditions our brain to relate the burning to the reward. And once this cycle happens you begin to appreciate it more and more, the nuances of different peppers, the different types of burns. These add an entirely new dimension to food that once you appreciate it, you can't go without it.

• Love
Reactions: MentalStefan, Homo erectus, CowsAgainstCapitali and 2 others
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
Idk I'm the gal that takes the jalapeno out of the jalapeno poppers

• Yay!
Reactions: aSilentVoice, Source Energy, Rocinante and 1 other person
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I will eat spicy food if it is offered to me but it's not something I'd go out of my way to get.
8847A07A 4A9A 4D32 8C83 042B1C320530
what spicy food does 2 me

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Jaqen H'ghar and jodes2
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I mean flavor is always #1, spiciness is just a potential barrier to enjoying it. It doesn't add anything to food specifically in my opinion. I'll brave a little spice for some good grub, but I'm not going to sit there with a streaming nose or anything.

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Jaqen H'ghar, aSilentVoice, Skathon and 2 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I mean flavor is always #1, spiciness is just a potential barrier to enjoying it. It doesn't add anything to food specifically in my opinion. I'll brave a little spice for some good grub, but I'm not going to sit there with a streaming nose or anything.
I've been known to put up with a streaming nose, beetroot red sweating face, the works. For some reason I just love the taste of spicy food. I often regret it the next day too when it burns for a second time 😂

• Yay!
Reactions: LONE WOLF. and Angst Filled Fuck Up
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I love a chicken vindaloo but

Attachments

• 3441427_460s.jpg
    3441427_460s.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0
  • Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Jaqen H'ghar and jodes2
Jaqen H'ghar

Jaqen H'ghar

Mar 31, 2023
Vegetarians living in cold climates eat spicy food to warm their bodies up.

I like hot food because it tastes good, but you must develop a tolerance for the initial pain you experience.
It takes time to appreciate spicy food.

Reactions: aSilentVoice and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Spicy and bitter foods are usually herbal medicine, good and healthy in small amounts, but bad and poisonous when eaten too much.

Reactions: aSilentVoice
S

Skullinthewoods

Consciousness is a Burden
Sep 13, 2022
I just love the burning sensation of chilli on my tongue, makes me feel something. Mmmmm... delicious pain!

Reactions: Jaqen H'ghar
MentalStefan

MentalStefan

Loser
Jul 3, 2022
Spicy food makes the brain release endorphines. The brain always releases them when there is an acute, sudden pain. When there is pain, in most cases there is a damage (or a loss in extreme cases) to a part of a body. Then most of the endorphines "get stuck" in a part that is a cause of pain. It is an evolutionary-formed procedure that helps to calm us down after getting damage and seek help. However when we eat spicy food there is no actual damage, just chemicals which make it feel like there is a damage. Then most of the endorphines get back to the brain where they activate pleasure zones in a brain because there is so many of them. Basically endorphines then act like morhpine making us feel additional pleasure.

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
to me, the flavor make it worth it. i find it funny how i tend to eat faster and take bigger bites when my mouth is already at a burning point