• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Only we can fix ourselves, no one else can. They can offer platitudes, which we know are useless, we can seek connection with loved ones, but that leads to platitudes or we could seek therapy which helps us reframe our depression in which case we would have to fix it ourselves again. I isolate when I'm depressed to gain bearing and reflect on what got me into this funk in the first place. I do a lot of my own internal reframing to set a new baseline for my life in the present. The baselines consist of things to get me less depressed and functioning more that would lead me out of the cycle and hopefully stave off the next cycle for a few weeks.

If I involved another person into my cycle, I understand how draining it can be for a normal person trying to help a depressed person. I don't want to feel guilty or ashamed for involving people into it. I already have enough guilt and shame on my own end from before. Sometimes they can offer a different perspective and I thank them for it, but in totality, solving our issues is a one-person effort.

S

stoicseal

Jan 29, 2021
Personally, I know that I'm terrible company when I'm in this state. I'm just not pleasant to be around and it sucks knowing that I'm making everyone uncomfortable. It's just easier to isolate.