• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This is something I've often seen on this site, it's like some people get offended by the idea that younger people are wanting and planning to die which is a decision in which they have every right to make.

Like if someone wants to ctb it's just not the decision of other people to make, nobody is obligated to continue enduring this existence they were so cruelly and unnecessarily burdened with.

We only exist because other people so selfishly decided to procreate so nobody, no matter the age should have to endure this meaningless and futile process of waiting around to cease existing for even a second longer than they wish to.

I think the whole ctb and age association comes from people who are obsessed with controlling other people and are incapable of minding their own business, they are also in denial of how people suffer no matter the age anyway.

I also notice that many of those who insanely worship existence love to push their delusional beliefs onto other people, like I don't get what's so good about existing to the point that people get all outraged and offended by certain people wanting to die.
I see it as always better to not exist regardless of the circumstances as death means true relief from this cruel and meaningless existence that only causes harm.

I've had awareness that existence is truly dreadful and pointless from a young age, I'm 22 now and I feel so old, in my case the less time spent in the futile cycle of endless suffering and cruelty that is existence the better. Suicide is simply a logical response to escape from all harm, it could never be "wrong" as one cannot be harmed by not existing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: maidens, AKAY87, TheDog_ and 31 others
strawb12

strawb12

-
Mar 26, 2023
Yesss exactly. Suffering doesn't have an age restriction. Anyone could be suffering regardless of age & ctbing can be a viable option for any age. I think that if you're a teenager you have to consider hormones affecting your decisions & not do anything rash but I don't think someone should attempt impulsively regardless of that. I would encourage people to live till their brain is done developing & they are 100% sure that this is what they want but if someone is mentally sound, 100% sure, & is mature enough to make the decision to ctb I think they should regardless of age. I don't think young people should be encouraged to ctb but I wouldn't stop them if that's what they really want.

Reactions: sserafim
kilowatt

kilowatt

Hi why me
Sep 9, 2023
It's almost ironic how when I started having suicidal thoughts one of my biggest goals was to do it while I was still a minor. Myself I found that being more shocking than the average CTB, just because I knew people are more over the top when it comes to a ''child'' seeking peace and succeeding. I wanted to be seen and heard about. Of course, that plan failed, but my CTB plan didn't go away.

Reactions: trianglesplayhouse and sserafim
Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
There are a couple of reasons I believe.
People get scared because young people haven't lived for a very long time, thus they don't have a lot of experiences from their lives - kinda wasted lives according to some.
I'm young myself (22), but I really don't like when really young people (under 18) are on this site and consider ctb. That might also be a serious problem for SS in the future i guess.
But once we turn 18 I would love to have a choice to leave this world in a peaceful way. I think that's my human right to do with my body whatever I want. No government owns myself so they don't have the right to force me to live if I don't want to

Last edited:
Reactions: trianglesplayhouse, tera_forest, rosenwasser and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Honestly, I think they don't want young people to ctb because it would deny the capitalistic system of another worker. They want to keep young people alive so that we can buy into the pyramid scheme that is society, which relies on infinite growth and a new influx of workers every year. People are just seen as labor/resources, and by dying before you enter the workforce, society doesn't get to exploit or profit off of you and your labor.

I get you, I'm 23 and I already feel old as well. I can't imagine living for another 40 years, let alone another two
There are a couple of reasons I believe.
People get scared because young people haven't lived for a very long time, thus they don't have a lot of experiences from their lives - kinda wasted lives according to some.
I'm young myself (22), but I really don't like when really young people (under 18) are on this site and consider ctb. That might also be a serious problem for SS in the future i guess.
But once we turn 18 I would love to have a choice to leave this world in a peaceful way. I think that's my human right to do with my body whatever I want. No government owns myself so they don't have the right to force me to live if I don't want to
Same! I wish I could have a guaranteed way out. It's my body, my choice. People should be allowed to stop existing if they want to

Last edited:
Reactions: tera_forest, Rogue Proxy, Hollowman and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am PRO-CHOICE, always have been on every aspect of life, suicide, abortion, anything, and always will be.

That is NOT pushing anything and for some to continually push how horrible everything and I am EVERYTHING is, is that not the same but 180-degree difference?

Pushing about existence and then having others push about how horrible everything is and always pushing that idea/ belief onto others in an almost seemly constant same pitch voice? Humm is all I have to say.

At the age of 67 plus I believe in helping folks, sometimes they are in crisis mode and/or having a rough day and I LOVE helping folks, just NOT saying something as simple as life is 100% pure hell and never having any empathy towards the fellow family member here.

If at the end of thinking about it ctb is the way to go for the soul, so be it, BUT to push life is horrible all the time no matter what and never having empathy for the poor soul trying to make a forever decision is?

I also believe in my heart, I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I sign ALL my posts with my real first name, that is how much I believe in helping folks, not just being flippant about life and/or death.

It is MUCH more complicated and detailed than that.

Sorry but I LOVE helping and making folks smile and feel better NOT always being a HUGE downer about not only life but heaven it seems EVERYTHING.

Walter

Like I have said in MANY threads and posts, I HAVE been through the mill of life. "Parents" who HATED me and kicked me out with no money, no food and no roof over my head. Being homeless, working my ass off to save money to go to college. Having gall bladder cancer and a horrible car crash, where the young guy blew through the stop sign and I t-boned him, his fault and he did not give a damn when I was in ICU if I lived or died.

YES, I remember back when I was 18 with NO MONEY nor FOOD and begged till a loving family that GOD sent to feed me and put a roof over my head.

With the prior said, that is WHY I LOVE helping folks out, I HAVE BEEN THERE, and I feel that gives me some creditability to say that pro-choice and helping folks out is
NOT pushing anything ever.

Oh, I will continue forever as it makes me feel great no matter in the end whatever the person chooses to do, that is THEIR choice and no one should push just how horrible everything is 100% of the time, give the poor soul a break and have love.

• Love
Reactions: trianglesplayhouse, ctvunny, betternever2havbeen and 12 others
Amelie

Amelie

-
Aug 12, 2023
This is something I've often seen on this site, it's like some people get offended by the idea that younger people are wanting and planning to die which is a decision in which they have every right to make.

Like if someone wants to ctb it's just not the decision of other people to make, nobody is obligated to continue enduring this existence they were so cruelly and unnecessarily burdened with.

We only exist because other people so selfishly decided to procreate so nobody, no matter the age should have to endure this meaningless and futile process of waiting around to cease existing for even a second longer than they wish to.

I think the whole ctb and age association comes from people who are obsessed with controlling other people and are incapable of minding their own business, they are also in denial of how people suffer no matter the age anyway.

I also notice that many of those who insanely worship existence love to push their delusional beliefs onto other people, like I don't get what's so good about existing to the point that people get all outraged and offended by certain people wanting to die.
I see it as always better to not exist regardless of the circumstances as death means true relief from this cruel and meaningless existence that only causes harm.

I've had awareness that existence is truly dreadful and pointless from a young age, I'm 22 now and I feel so old, in my case the less time spent in the futile cycle of endless suffering and cruelty that is existence the better. Suicide is simply a logical response to escape from all harm, it could never be "wrong" as one cannot be harmed by not existing.
I don't even know why I am bothering to reply to this as I know you don't ever engage with people who reply to your threads.
But this is a forum and a community..The purpose is engaging with others.. or you may as well just vent to yourself at home!
But seriously.. you think any age should have the right to ctb.. so a kid aged 8 should be allowed to do it, no questions asked about whether they have the brain capacity to even do their own shoes up let alone make a decision about ending their life???
It's just bloody nonsense and so fucking boring

• Love
Reactions: NPCaesar, StrawberryBlood, Kompass and 15 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Humans are a self absorbed species and are uncomfortable by what they cannot perceive or understand themselves. I think this is why ctb is so taboo in the first place as many people cannot understand why anyone would feel hopeless and like they have nothing to live for in the first place. The suicidal are therefore an oppressed minority due to this disconnect with the general populace.

It's even rarer to feel suicidal as a child than it is as an adult or teen. I couldn't even perceive of the concept under ten, so I selfishly admit it saddens me the most that a small child would feel that way. I cannot even imagine it even tho clearly young children do sometimes feel that way.

Children are viewed as the most vulnerable and innocent age group that their elders have the duty to protect. I don't think anyone denies that children suffer inasmuch as people feel such an inexperienced population shouldn't feel that way in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: ctvunny, rosenwasser, Foreverix and 6 others
Amelie

Amelie

-
Aug 12, 2023
Children are viewed as the most vulnerable and innocent age group that their elders have the duty to protect.
Exactly. Children don't have an adult understanding about ANYTHING but especially about protecting themself from harm. It's a parent's role to protect and teach them.
Children are naturally compelled to do dumb stuff like put everything in their mouth, not risk assess things which might be dangerous to climb up etc..
Would you antinatalists think a toddler eating medication thinking its sweets is in actual fact a suicide attempt???? Would you think they should go to hospital for urgent treatment? Or left to die?
How do you judge a 2 year old's intent in regard to this????
If any of you have an answer to this I'd love to know 🤦‍♀️

• Love
Reactions: StrawberryBlood, rosenwasser, Letmedienow and 7 others
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I think because it brings up uncomfortable questions about the nature of society: namely that it sucks for some people so much that they do not want to live anymore regardless of age. Some want to ctb earlier than others.

Reactions: maidens, sserafim, lwlaiet8887 and 1 other person
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Exactly. Children don't have an adult understanding about ANYTHING but especially about protecting themself from harm. It's a parent's role to protect and teach them.
Children are naturally compelled to do dumb stuff like put everything in their mouth, not risk assess things which might be dangerous to climb up etc..
Would you antinatalists think a toddler eating medication thinking its sweets is in actual fact a suicide attempt???? Would you think they should go to hospital for urgent treatment? Or left to die?
Anti-natalist philosophy taken to it's most fatalistic extreme is very anti-choice to me. Who are we to assume who is or isn't worthy of living? How do we judge if someone is suffering or not? This is especially true of chronic illness and disability. There are many disabled people cruelly kept alive when they don't desire it, yet there are disabled people who are happy with their lives. It'd be easy to look at someone like Ricky Berwick and decide because of his limitations, he would be better served with an off switch at birth as he would never do anything other than suffer. He instead has a successful career as an internet comedian despite his circumstances.

Suffering is subjective, not objective. Anyone who is suffering and truly has no other alternative absolutely deserves the right to die, yes. Yet it's not up to anyone else to decide if they are suffering but the individual. One man's pleasure is another man's pain. The danger of assigning objective value to suffering is it can be a slippery slope into eugenic/nazi territory quickly. Eugenics will never be pro-choice or bodily autonomy to me as it's up to the government or society to decide who deserves to live and not the individual.

I personally believe child rearing is a personal choice that should neither be promoted or discouraged. I also think no one should be guilted into living because they were birthed here involuntarily, as that once again violates bodily autonomy.

Honestly, I think they don't want young people to ctb because it would deny the capitalistic system of another worker. They want to keep young people alive so that we can buy into the pyramid scheme that is society, which relies on infinite growth and a new influx of workers every year. People are just seen as labor/resources, and by dying before you enter the workforce, society doesn't get to exploit or profit off of you and your labor.
Most people do not hold this level of power. Employers are the minority. Laborers are the majority. Most people are not earning money off of keeping kids alive. Yes, people can get tax breaks for having kids, but that money usually goes to the child's expenses (ideally anyway). Having children in some ways is a sacrifice as it's more expensive to birth than it is to be childfree.

There are many people who selfishly have kids for their own benefit and I think you and I would both agree that it is wrong. However, have you ever considered most do not benefit from saving the lives of children and do so because children cannot support themselves? It is the duty of an adult to support and protect a child. A child who is suicidal is neglected and thus has been failed by the adults who are supposed to provide for them in my eyes.

The only exception is a child with a fatal illness:

take note that the parents are letting the child decide and not forcing a decision either way. That's important.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and rationaltake
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
The less age is, the more chances that the person would do irrational things due to lack of knowledge and critical mindset.

How many people who started smoking or taking drugs having the age 25+ do you know? The vast majority of people who dive into such a self-destructive stupidness are kids under 21 who don't fully understand the consequences of what they're doing.

I easily recognize young people by their innocent prayers about painless death. While many adults know how painful some conventional invasive medical procedures are (for people who intend to live!), those "babies" are afraid of any suffering, even though it would prevent a much greater amount of suffering in the future.

But the most questionable thing in case of suicide is of course the quality of the rationale behind doing it by an immature person. Normally, when you are going to do something so important, you have to critically consider both possible choices.

You should fairly play the role of a pro-life advocate and the role of a pro-death advocate and then make the final decision based on the arguments collected by both advocates.

The typical weakness of young people is that they often play the role of only one advocate, while the other advocate has no voice in the thinking process. The lack of two-sided consideration mostly explains why many teens easily try drugs even though they are informed of the associated danger.

In case of a suicide, the person potentially loses a long period of happy future life. The estimation that the life is going to be unhappy may be erroneous. The lack of knowledge and life experience together with biased mindset typical for young people increases the risk of erroneous decisions greatly.

This is why older people have a sceptical attitude towards suicides in young ages.

Reactions: StrawberryBlood, Foreverix, rosenwasser and 7 others
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
I'm an antinatalist and I don't want kids to commit suicide, I don't want ANYONE to, but I'm pro-choice so I'll respect it (adults doing it) but talking about under 18s CTB makes me VERY uncomfortable. That's not what it's supposed to be about at all, just not bringing children into the world. All I can say on the antinatalist front is thank FUCK I don't have kids to need to worry about this myself, that's a parents job. I don't wanna be put in the position of knowing an under 18 wants to CTB because I'd feel a responsibility to stop that. FC might wanna think about the danger an adult puts themselves in talking openly with kids about CTB if nothing else because it's not a good look to say the least and the older she gets the more she'll (hopefully) realise this.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, whywere, lwlaiet8887 and 5 others
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Someone I know tried CTB'ing at around age 6 to follow her dad into Heaven~ From any perspective (religious or not), that should be evidence why we don't allow kids on here because then, they'd waste their lives doing something like that when they weren't even depressed or anything terrible in the first place! >_<

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, whywere, Sid19 and 2 others
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I think the younger ones have caused such problems. By what many choose to CTB for. Being broken up with, parent takes your car away, got scolded for staying out too late by parents and want to end their life to get back at them, etc. the kids who do it for reasons like this have caused these issues.

I even understand that some have genuine reasons like physically abusive parents, parents that actually put kids in real cages, an alcoholic parent who takes it out on them physically or sexually….

Reactions: rationaltake and Sid19
S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
I think the younger ones have caused such problems. By what many choose to CTB for. Being broken up with, parent takes your car away, got scolded for staying out too late by parents and want to end their life to get back at them, etc. the kids who do it for reasons like this have caused these issues.

I even understand that some have genuine reasons like physically abusive parents, parents that actually put kids in real cages, an alcoholic parent who takes it out on them physically or sexually….
I think I have problem with minors trying to do ctb especially the kids who don't think twice before doing it. They do it in the heat of the moment, not knowing the consequences. Agree with you on your genuine reasons part. This forum won't be able to work if more cases of ctb are found especially of the minors.

Reactions: Cloud Busting and betternever2havbeen
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Why on earth would you blame a child? The brain isn't even developed until 25.

I did some really stupid shit when I was a minor cuz.. I was just a kid? I outgrew most of that idiocy.

Which is why I agree the suicide of kids is a tragedy. They're more impulsive and lack agency for themselves.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Sid19 and Larysa
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I'm only 21 but feel like I've already seen everything there is to life, I've suffered greatly, wage slaved, has friends come & go, read great literature, worked out, had ambitions etc. It's all boring to me now and I'm tired of trying to swim upstream. I wish CTB was normalised for younger people since some of us just have had enough, especially those who have to live with traumatic experiences that torment them. It's definitely an individual thing in terms of the "morality" of it, but I one for as a young adult feel informed enough to CBT rationally and if a younger person with traumatic experiences decides to I don't see a problem. I think it's best an individual can experience life a bit since objectively some problems can be fixed/overcome leading to a better quality of life. CBT is the end of life and you will never get another opportunity to live so it's worth it if they can find value in their lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Dayrain
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Parents don't enjoy burying their children. How do you think your parents would feel about it? I imagine their answer will be representative of most 'normie' responses. So- some of it I suspect is motivated by the desperate emotional response to losing a child. Parents especially would feel horrified thinking about this but a lot of people can still envisage how devastating it would feel. Yes, it's a selfish response but- we are selfish creatures. We don't enjoy experiencing loss. We try to hold on to the things we value and care about.

As for people here. I don't absolutely know. I wouldn't personally blame a minor for taking their own life. Their own experience was bad enough that they felt like that was their best- sometimes only option. That's terrible- certainly but, it's understandable.

That said- as a legalised thing (assisted suicide,) I think it should be over 18. I think that's more sustainable. I can't actually believe you would think any country would bring it in under that age. Consider why you haven't told your parents how you feel and what they might do if you took yourself off to be euthanized without telling them.

Seeing as this site does aid a person in planning their own suicide- I also happen to agree that minors are best kept away. I feel terrible for them- certainly but- I can't help them either way. I don't have the optimism to tell them everything will be all right and I don't want to aid in their suicide because I don't know if they can be helped.

Anyhow, I think the main argument is that our brains aren't fully developed- so- it's about competency. I'm not sure I'd agree with that. I've been suicidal since I was 10. I think my initial ideation may have been more emotionally driven. I think that is one thing we learn to handle better as we age.

Still- I'm sure I had the same sort of thought processes I do now. As in- I really don't like life. I don't want to be here. I can't envisage things getting better. I don't know that I have the energy or will to change my life for the better. My goal is so difficult in this world. At that point- I still thought that goal would bring me fulfilment- part of why I kept going. Plus- then as now- I knew I couldn't do it to my loved ones. So- personally, I'm not entirely sure about the competency thing. At what age do we understand how to reason?

I think things can feel more overwhelming when we are young- certainly. We are probably less resourceful. So- failing a test or, breaking up with someone can feel like the end of the world. As we age, we realise that good and bad stuff happens and we just adapt to it as best we can. It isn't necessarily the end of the world- it can lead on to other things.

I suppose I feel like there are more opportunities open to us when we are young. Hopefully, the person has better health and energy to do stuff. I sort of think there are more job opportunities- companies are willing to run apprenticeships and train people. Those sorts of things are harder to come by as we age- people expect more of you then. Still- I understand that's of no use if the person doesn't fancy the next 40+ years working!

I would have to say though- I think you are more on the side of promortalism rather than pro-choice. While you may think people have the right to choose- I suspect you think those who choose life are wrong and/ or crazy. So- all of your arguments are going to be pro-death under any circumstances. I'd say only a tiny fraction of people here are actually promortalist. I'd say most would argue that death isn't everyone's ultimate option.

People become suicidal for various reasons. Not just because they hate life itself. Many simply hate their own circumstances and feel unable to change them. Some people may have even loved life at one point. So- they see the potential in life that you don't. So- I guess to them- they may be more resistant to a child killing themselves because for whatever reason- they still saw the potential for things to improve for them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, jussrav, betternever2havbeen and 3 others
SplitInfrastructure

SplitInfrastructure

becoming the lastnames by will wood
Jun 7, 2023
Honestly the same reason why you cant vote (for example)
There is a certain age at which you are being taken more seriously, can make your own serious choices and can legally take ahold of your own life - of course it happens before that, but many people view childhood as a time of purity and happiness
No matter how pro choice you are, minors just cant make big decisions regarding their life, so ending it just seems like 'going too far' for many

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, Sid19, whywere and 1 other person
P

peaches

Student
Oct 19, 2022
I am PRO-CHOICE, always have been on every aspect of life, suicide, abortion, anything, and always will be.

That is NOT pushing anything and for some to continually push how horrible everything and I am EVERYTHING is, is that not the same but 180-degree difference?

Pushing about existence and then having others push about how horrible everything is and always pushing that idea/ belief onto others in an almost seemly constant same pitch voice? Humm is all I have to say.

At the age of 67 plus I believe in helping folks, sometimes they are in crisis mode and/or having a rough day and I LOVE helping folks, just NOT saying something as simple as life is 100% pure hell and never having any empathy towards the fellow family member here.

If at the end of thinking about it ctb is the way to go for the soul, so be it, BUT to push life is horrible all the time no matter what and never having empathy for the poor soul trying to make a forever decision is?

I also believe in my heart, I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I sign ALL my posts with my real first name, that is how much I believe in helping folks, not just being flippant about life and/or death.

It is MUCH more complicated and detailed than that.

Sorry but I LOVE helping and making folks smile and feel better NOT always being a HUGE downer about not only life but heaven it seems EVERYTHING.

Walter

Like I have said in MANY threads and posts, I HAVE been through the mill of life. "Parents" who HATED me and kicked me out with no money, no food and no roof over my head. Being homeless, working my ass off to save money to go to college. Having gall bladder cancer and a horrible car crash, where the young guy blew through the stop sign and I t-boned him, his fault and he did not give a damn when I was in ICU if I lived or died.

YES, I remember back when I was 18 with NO MONEY nor FOOD and begged till a loving family that GOD sent to feed me and put a roof over my head.

With the prior said, that is WHY I LOVE helping folks out, I HAVE BEEN THERE, and I feel that gives me some creditability to say that pro-choice and helping folks out is
NOT pushing anything ever.

Oh, I will continue forever as it makes me feel great no matter in the end whatever the person chooses to do, that is THEIR choice and no one should push just how horrible everything is 100% of the time, give the poor soul a break and have love.
I was reading along this post and I echo your comments about CHOICE. I see this site as a pro choice site. I would not push anyone in any direction.
However, there is something to be said about the human brain being not fully developed until age 30.
I can only speak for me, and I have no global motives.
I am very sad for anyone who needs to be here. And for all the very young, and to me, that's under 40, I am especially sad because I know how much you are hurting.
Each decade brings unique perspectives.
This is not to say or imply that anyone needs to experience each decade if they need and want to ctb.
I just have the perspective of being older.
I started wanting to ctb around age 13-15. Both nature and nurture failed me. I don't know anyone who would have survived being like me with my circumstances. This site is the only place I hear my voice.
I can make a great argument that I really failed because I have been alive so long desperately needing not to exist. But the other argument, succeeding is ctbing early and failing is waiting, giving in to fear, avoidance of suffering from worse consequences of ctb failure, etc., I just don't buy that either.
In my case, my life took a huge unexpected, fortunate turn of circumstances at age 45.
But the shocker was that while I recognized my serious change of circumstances, I did not change my s ideation. It went on hold for awhile. It crept in immediately when I was triggered. But now, it's back daily. Now I am facing the horrors of aging. And watching aging horrors in people around me. I cannot get so fragile that I won't be able to manage a plan.
I am not saying that anyone HAS to age. It's choice.
I also believe that we should have easy access to painless sleep and not have to risk torturous options.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Foreverix and whywere
D

Dayrain

Specialist
Feb 3, 2023
People get scared because young people haven't lived for a very long time, thus they don't have a lot of experiences from their lives
But since more and more ways to educate onself independently became available for decades now, this view is extremely prejudiced and therefore not a valid argument in my opinion.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
@FuneralCry I wouldn't respond to some of these baiting posts.

They are trying to make this thread about minors.

OP nor anyone said said anything about minors in this thread . It's just an attempt to steer the thread towards that .

Nobody was talking about young children in the op post or other posts. But they started talking about minors to censor or try to get op or antinatalists banned

imo these are Baiting posts. trying to get OP and others to get into arguments or to say things that they can twist to try to get them banned

I wouldn't reply to any of the posts as it's a baiting attempt to get into argument and make this thread about minors. I don't care what they say.

This is the only place where you can say life is bad . They are trying to take that away

These posters have different prolife beliefs that are different from yours. It's best to ignore them. They dont want to debate but to censor , control.It's like getting into a religious or political argument

Those who think life is so good have their Lynch mob and Stones out . There's no debating them they won't change their mind. I just ignore them or any trolling , baiting or antagonistic posts . I don't care what they say or believe

It seems to me some on this thread are using the "it's about protecting the children" or making everything including this thread about young children as a gateway to change what people can say on this site. this is how the New York times , and pro-lifers use as a gateway to take away our rights to escape torture , to censor people, take away right to die, right to personal autonomy . ban Nembutal , ban SN , ban assisted suicide , ban this website etc

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDog_ and Daxter_87
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
That's just not true, if we speak of all people in the world. The sense of life is taking a pleasure, and as long as the ratio between pleasure and suffering is good enough for a person, their life has a rational reasoning.

As far as I can see, some people just tend to extremely exaggerate negative aspects of the life and possibly diminish positive ones. Your belief that negative aspects always overweight the positive ones for everyone has nothing common with the reality. If that were true, suicides would be much more common than they are.

In most cases, if person's quality of life is unsatisfactory, the most rational strategy of coping with this situation would be attempting to improve the quality of life rather than committing a suicide which can often be kept as a backup plan.

Improving the quality of life may be done in two directions - by increasing the amount of pleasure and by decreasing the amount of suffering. Increasing the amount of pleasure is generally achieved by finding new sources of enjoyment and improving your position in the society which opens new possibilities. Decreasing the amount of suffering is generally achieved by finding effective methods to avoid negative situations or thinking about them negatively.

Overreaction on negative aspects of life is the typical reason of depression. You can improve your life a lot just by changing your attitude to various shit from "oh, this is so sad, poor me" to "well, I don't care!". This is a simple tactics and it works. The reason why people don't follow it and don't improve anything else in their life is that they are slaves of their habits. You can't progress without breaking your destructive habits.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, peaches and Sid19
Amelie

Amelie

-
Aug 12, 2023
@FuneralCry I wouldn't respond to some of these baiting posts.

They are trying to make this thread about minors.

Op nor anyone said said anything about minors .

It seems to me some on this thread are using the "it's about protecting the children" or making everything including this thread about young children as a gateway to change what people can say on this site. this is how the New York times , and pro-lifers use as a gateway to take away our rights to escape torture , to censor people, take away right to die, right to personal autonomy . ban Nembutal , ban SN , ban assisted suicide , ban this website etc

Nobody was talking about young children in the op post or other posts. But they started talking about minors to censor or try to get op or antinatalists banned

imo these are Baiting posts. trying to get OP and others to get into arguments or to say things that they can twist to try to get them banned

I wouldn't reply to any of the posts as it's a baiting attempt to get into argument and make this thread about minors. I don't care what they say.
Oh shush. FC has made it clear previously she believes people of any age should be able to ctb, including minors.
I'm not 'baiting' I'm giving my opinion on the subject which I'm perfectly entitled to do. Believe me I keep my mouth shut plenty when it comes to FC, but to be honest I don't think it helps SS for people to say minors should be allowed to ctb. It's an extreme view, and not one that all SS members hold by any means.
And for the record, I think anyone 18 and over can do what they like. I don't hold the view that young adults should be excluded.

Reactions: peaches, rosenwasser, betternever2havbeen and 2 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
The controversy is odd. Suicide is a distraction. Suffering is the point. And tons of children right now are forced to undergo massive unnecessary suffering. Drinking lead, forced to wageslave, beaten, etc. They're property of parents. I'm impressed more don't wanna ctb. Presumably they're made to stfu about it — or get more beatings

From adults with their Advanced Brain Development™

And they're treated like little fucktards. I talk with kids about topics like promortalism & antinatalism; I think any human should consider nonexistence, to fully understand their existence

Does anyone happen to know a suicidal child? If so, can we get their in-depth opinions, please?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, NumbItAll, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
From adults with their Advanced Brain Development™
Seriously, I am past that magical age of 25 where all those incredible insights are supposed to kick in. As far as I can tell, life still sucks. I have no idea why adults eventually become so condescending and act like they are full of amazing wisdom. Most of the normie lectures I have gotten over the years have been complete bullshit and usually make things worse. Make a world that doesn't suck and then maybe people won't want to ctb as much.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, whywere, Daxter_87 and 3 others
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
Seriously, I am past that magical age of 25 where all those incredible insights are supposed to kick in. As far as I can tell, life still sucks. I have no idea why adults eventually become so condescending and act like they are full of amazing wisdom.
If we think of the life as a game, the difference between younger and older people may be viewed as the difference between newbies and experienced players. In an average case, the more you play the game, the more chances to be successful in it as a player you have, because of better skills and better knowledge of the rules. Some games seem hard as hell until you figure out their rules pretty well.

The real life offers unequal conditions to different players, so some of them may be successful because of a pure luck despite the absence of basic skills and knowledge, while other group of people may suffer from big problems regardless of being skilled and well educated. But no matter how lucky you are, your life experience matters a lot.

Someone who says that the game sucks could change their attitude if they learned some valuable info they didn't know before. The big fault of most pro-lifers is that they indeed have a burning passion to tell nonsense instead of really valuable info, but there is nothing wrong with the idea of trying to give a hand as a whole.

Reactions: sserafim and Amelie
Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I don't even know why I am bothering to reply to this as I know you don't ever engage with people who reply to your threads.
But this is a forum and a community..The purpose is engaging with others.. or you may as well just vent to yourself at home!
But seriously.. you think any age should have the right to ctb.. so a kid aged 8 should be allowed to do it, no questions asked about whether they have the brain capacity to even do their own shoes up let alone make a decision about ending their life???
It's just bloody nonsense and so fucking boring
I don't get either why she keeps posting threads where she asks questions and wants to know people's opinions..
Since she absolutely doesn't answer people or engages with others. It's a bit rude behavior according to me

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, betternever2havbeen, snowcloud9 and 2 others
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
as long as it's not impulsive, they absolutely have the rights to ctb

Reactions: Foreverix