• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

imsotired35

imsotired35

She/her
Apr 6, 2024
How come some people impulsively cbt and end up succeeding first time, or they follow an online trend and accidentally die from it without any real planning (in a way that could also be a method) where as some people plan and research many times and don't succeed?

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
How come some people impulsively cbt and end up succeeding first time, or they follow an online trend and accidentally die from it without any real planning (in a way that could also be a method) where as some people plan and research many times and don't succeed?
I think it's either because someone is impulsive and in an emotionally-charged situation, they can override their survival instinct (very rare but possible), or they are fully detached from life and are ready to let go of anything including the past, present, and future, almost like a very quiet tiredness. Also, women tend to want to use poison to kill themselves, but poison is notorious for not working in general (maybe not SN but if you account for all suicide attempts from drugs, it's like a 2% success rate lol). Men are much more likely to use a gun or to hang themselves: they're a lot more brutal with their method choice. I think the method of choice matters a lot, especially how reversible it is and how long it takes to reverse it.

yearsoflonliness

yearsoflonliness

Apr 4, 2024
My initial response was to just post 'skill issue' but I gave it some thought.

You're not exactly correct. Some impulsive people do end up dying on the first attempt. But many attempts are cries for help, and the methods chosen are not as effective as they could be, and the conditions are not right. The impulsivity hinders their ability to carry out the deed efficiently. The people with the highest success rates are actually the ones that plan extensively.

I just read a post from another user about their failed attempts. They seemed to plan well, but their suicide plans involved notifying friends, family, and emergency services with time delayed messages, such that the 'body could be found appropriately' which imo was counterproductive to actually dying. You don't want to be found or tell anyone, so that if it fails, you can try again or use your redundant method. So it's important that the plans are logical.

And well, accidents happen all the time, and people do die from 'internet trends' it's just how it works.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's like with people who get their BBQ inside their living room and die by accident while they sleep bc of CO poisoning over many hours but many more may survive this many times and just wake up with a headache and they will think it's the hangover. There are too many unknown factors when an impulsive attempt is successful. The majority of impulsive attempts fails imo.

Reactions: sserafim
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
it's said the ratio is 25:1. a lot of those include "attempts" with cutting and overdosing on pills that obviously won't work though. it's probably more like 5:1 :(
Yes, there is a 2021 USA general statistics from SAVE that indicates there is one suicide death for every estimated 25 suicide attempts. Although it doesn't list the methods of attempts, 25 to 1 is quite a figure.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, there is a 2021 USA general statistics from SAVE that indicates there is one suicide death for every estimated 25 suicide attempts. Although it doesn't list the methods of attempts, 25 to 1 is quite a figure.
And yet people still like to talk about how suicide methods are so easy to do. How ignorant of them

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I envy those people who managed to succeed so much, I despise how it's so unnecessarily difficult to cease existing on our own terms. I see those people as the fortunate ones especially as I'm so tired of being trapped in this cruel, hellish and meaningless existence.

weakandscared

weakandscared

Mar 17, 2024
that's misleading though it's not as bad as they make it out to be if you actually use a good method

weakandscared

weakandscared

Mar 17, 2024
What is good method?
gunshot to the head, hanging, jumping off a 10+ story building, nitrogen, heroin/fentnyl overdose, carbon monoxide and sodium nitrite. what WONT work is overdosing on most prescription or over the counter meds and cutting your wrists (less than 1% succeed but not 0%)

Reactions: sserafim and 4am
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
gunshot to the head, hanging, jumping off a 10+ story building, nitrogen, heroin/fentnyl overdose, carbon monoxide and sodium nitrite. what WONT work is overdosing on most prescription or over the counter meds and cutting your wrists (less than 1% succeed but not 0%)
All the methods you listed above are not a 100% guaranteed, even gunshot to the head. which means people in real life have tried them and ended up in hospitals, some hurt alot more than others. That is where survival statistics comes from.

Reactions: sserafim
weakandscared

weakandscared

Mar 17, 2024
All the methods you listed above are not a 100% guaranteed, even gunshot to the head. which means people in real life have tried them and ended up in hospitals, some hurt alot more than others. That is where survival statistics comes from.
i never said they were 100% guaranteed. the only 100% guaranteed way is standing in water and shooting because you'd drown after too. other than that it's always a risk. you asked for good methods and those are the most effective