Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I'm not even middle aged yet, and I'm bored out of my mind. The same holidays every year, the cliche phrases people toss around, the weekly routine, etc are so fucking irritating!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: epic, Source Energy and unplug
Kodokushi

Kodokushi

Falling...into the abyss...
Apr 19, 2023
Some do because they're simply scared of death or what happens afterwards. Unknown is always much more terrifying than the well-known and usual, even if it's painful or boring like hell

Some are hopeful for the future, seeing it in bright lights or idolizing it to utopian levels. Or perhaps bitter the technology is evolving, but they most likely won't be around, for example, when we'll have androids or alternate reality/ies

And some are...simply ooga booga to the point of not thinking about anything, just eating, shitting, sleeping and procreating like animals without a care in a world ☠️

Too many people with different experiences to say for sure

Reactions: kitee80 and Ambivalent1
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Because they have something that makes it worth it for them, or it is their innate human instinct.

Reactions: rationaltake and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Some do because they're simply scared of death or what happens afterwards. Unknown is always much more terrifying than the well-known and usual, even if it's painful or boring like hell

Some are hopeful for the future, seeing it in bright lights or idolizing it to utopian levels. Or perhaps bitter the technology is evolving, but they most likely won't be around, for example, when we'll have androids or alternate reality/ies

And some are...simply ooga booga to the point of not thinking about anything, just eating, shitting, sleeping and procreating like animals without a care in a world ☠️

Too many people with different experiences to say for sure
To be sane, should we purposely devolve and become like the unthinking beast people?

Reactions: Kodokushi
Kodokushi

Kodokushi

Apr 19, 2023
To be sane, should we purposely devolve and become like the unthinking beast people?
It's an easier life for sure. All of my classmates ahem short of mind live their happy little lives with partners and dozens of kids now, surrounded by same minded friends and family, the same is happening with ex-collegemates, coworkers, etc

The less intelligent you are the simplier life is, you don't really worry about self reflection, your place in the universe or how you affect anything by simply existing. Hell, even your thoughts and emotions sometimes, it's all just a reaction to whatever is happening around you with a blank mind. Your issues are everyday life - what to buy and cook for dinner, what tv show to watch, how to make your kid stop whining for new toys and lie to husband about a headache, so he'll bug off and sleep already (life of a housewife terrifies me on so many levels lol)

Tl;dr evolving was a mistake, let's go back to the ocean and become bacteria ☠️

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It's an easier life for sure. All of my classmates ahem short of mind live their happy little lives with partners and dozens of kids now, surrounded by same minded friends and family, the same is happening with ex-collegemates, coworkers, etc

The less intelligent you are the simplier life is, you don't really worry about self reflection, your place in the universe or how you affect anything by simply existing. Hell, even your thoughts and emotions sometimes, it's all just a reaction to whatever is happening around you with a blank mind. Your issues are everyday life - what to buy and cook for dinner, what tv show to watch, how to make your kid stop whining for new toys and lie to husband about a headache, so he'll bug off and sleep already (life of a housewife terrifies me on so many levels lol)

Tl;dr evolving was a mistake, let's go back to the ocean and become bacteria ☠️
How do the less intelligent react to and think about death? Are the less intelligent less likely to kill themselves?

Reactions: Kodokushi
Kodokushi

Kodokushi

Apr 19, 2023
How do the less intelligent react to and think about death? Are the less intelligent less likely to kill themselves?
I wouldn't call myself a very intelligent person, just in case, but those who I had a chance to speak with, who I consider to that "lesser" category, usually respond with "I don't think about it", say it's scary or sad and they hope to live a long life or abandon the topic entirely. Personally I don't think "normies" bother themselves with death related topics, for them it's something either never happening or something far away and not important. Death and suicide are taboo topics for a reason in the current society, human mortality is terrifying for an Ego

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If people wish to exist for as long as possible then they must be incredibly deluded, it's irrational to want to inevitably be tortured by old age in this harmful world where there is unlimited potential to suffer. Existing certainly is something so futile and unappealing, there is nothing that could ever make existing worth it for me, I could never understand why anyone would want to stay here under any circumstances. Life itself is the true problem.

• Love
Reactions: unnormal9
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Some truly find enjoyment and have their reasons to live as long. I respect that.
I, however, do not desire to live any longer for my own reasons; the only time I have self-volition.

Reactions: rationaltake
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
The people who wish to live as long as possible likely have goals that they still wish to reach; it could be trying a new recreational activity, or completing an artistic project. As an example: I myself have many things that I would like to finish, but I also still wish to commit suicide for a few reasons such as avoiding old age.