• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Denial most likely. I think people that have never been in a suicidal state can't really understand why anyone would want to literally die.
I hope suicidal ideation spreads like a new plague

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
People don't wanna believe something like that could happen so close to them. Suicide is something that happens around someone ELSE, to them

F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020
Most of those who talk about ctb in real life never do it. That's why you always hear., "she was so happy, well adjusted, loved life, nobody can believe it, etc". If you tell people in real life, you want to ctb, most think its only talk. Infact a priest once told me what im i waiting for? And a confidant told me its my choice. Chances are if you talk about it, you wont ever do it. And everybody knows that. Guys who kill themselves keep it to themselves or 10% of the serious ones find places like this.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
People don't wanna believe something like that could happen so close to them. Suicide is something that happens around someone ELSE, to them
Yep
Most of those who talk about ctb in real life never do it. That's why you always hear., "she was so happy, well adjusted, loved life, nobody can believe it, etc". If you tell people in real life, you want to ctb, most think its only talk. Infact a priest once told me what im i waiting for? And a confidant told me its my choice. Chances are if you talk about it, you wont ever do it. And everybody knows that. Guys who kill themselves keep it to themselves or 10% of the serious ones find places like this.
That's actually not true at all. Even NAMI refutes that old myth.

F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020
Yep

That's actually not true at all. Even NAMI refutes that old myth.
People who want to ctb understand it. Its like jerking off. Jerkers never tell anybody "mum, dad, you know I can't help jerking off. I do it 5 times daily. I guess I have a problem" or serial killers. They don't go to a priest and say, "I've killed 3 girls in 3 different states, and I have an urge to go to Texas and kill a girl there".

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
People who want to ctb understand it. Its like jerking off. Jerkers never tell anybody "mum, dad, you know I can't help jerking off. I do it 5 times daily. I guess I have a problem" or serial killers. They don't go to a priest and say, "I've killed 3 girls in 3 different states, and I have an urge to go to Texas and kill a girl there".
This is almost a word salad. What point are you trying to make?

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
My father's one of the people who believes that, because so many people who've Ctb'ed haven't spoken about it, if you do you don't want it.
People usually take the claim "I'm going to do this" with a grain of salt because that sub-culture (The cutters) have gotten a bad rap for not just themselves (They do need help) but everyone experiencing mental health crisis. They build a story in their minds of how they'll never do it, and they will be the ones who push them back on track in their lives. Everyone wants to be the hero to those suffering, but they don't anticipate putting the effort forward, so when it happens, they're shocked
Straight up you're full of it. Don't engage this fool, everyone

Reactions: Kramer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
My father's one of the people who believes that, because so many people who've Ctb'ed haven't spoken about it, if you do you don't want it.
People usually take the claim "I'm going to do this" with a grain of salt because that sub-culture (The cutters) have gotten a bad rap for not just themselves (They do need help) but everyone experiencing mental health crisis. They build a story in their minds of how they'll never do it, and they will be the ones who push them back on track in their lives. Everyone wants to be the hero to those suffering, but they don't anticipate putting the effort forward, so when it happens, they're shocked

I can't wait to smash the hero narrative (delusion) that the people I know have adopted. It may just help me overcome my si

Reactions: Toptock
F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020
This is almost a word salad. What point are you trying to make?
The point is killing yourself is a very intimate affair. It's not something you talk about if you mean it. Its very intimate, personal and deep. Like incest. Like murder. Damn deep. Nobody who does it talks about it. That's why there are places like SS to talk anonymously.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
The point is killing yourself is a very intimate affair. It's not something you talk about if you mean it. Its very intimate, personal and deep. Like incest. Like murder. Damn deep. Nobody who does it talks about it. That's why there are places like SS to talk anonymously.
"Nobody who does it talks about it." LOL. Maybe you should live longer. Ignorance can be cured with time.

Here's a curse for you from ancient times. "May you live forever."

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
So by your logic, people who come here will never kill themselves because they're talking about it, because you're unbelievably misinformed there
Otherwise, by your logic, you mean there's some exclusion factor to talking on here that makes us different from the statistic, in which case, why would you spew that nonsense?

F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020

Maybe you're the fool. Incapable of handling any opinion to the contrary of your beliefs

All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Lots of people who ctb talk about it.

F

flyaway2

Nov 12, 2020
So by your logic, people who come here will never kill themselves because they're talking about it, because you're unbelievably misinformed there
Otherwise, by your logic, you mean there's some exclusion factor to talking on here that makes us different from the statistic, in which case, why would you spew that nonsense?
The OP said when they tell people, nobody believes it. In real life. In this forum, there are serious people. 10-20%. Maybe.

M

Moon Flower

Oct 14, 2019
My mom talked about it openly for 3 years before she did it. Pretty sure she banked on people thinking that she wouldn't go through with it, but lo and behold

Last edited:
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
My mom talked about it openly for 3 years before she did it. Pretty sure she banked on people thinking that she wouldn't go through with it, but lo and behold
How did people respond? I'm referring to the people who heard her talk about it

M

Moon Flower

Oct 14, 2019
How did people respond? I'm referring to the people who heard her talk about it
Mostly sympathetically, but everybody also knew having her committed would only make her worse. It actually ended up being a relief when she was finally successful. We all knew it was coming and I'd even say we all knew it was the only way she could be at peace

• Aww..
Reactions: Eurus
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Mostly sympathetically, but everybody also knew having her committed would only make her worse. It actually ended up being a relief when she was finally successful. We all knew it was coming and I'd even say we all knew it was the only way she could be at peace
That's kind of sad.

M

Moon Flower

Oct 14, 2019
That's kind of sad.
It was. Her motivation was that my dad ctb. They had been together since they were 13 and 14 and they had never dated anybody else. She didn't know how to go on without him

• Aww..
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It was. Her motivation was that my dad ctb. They had been together since they were 13 and 14 and they had never dated anybody else. She didn't know how to go on without him
Are you ctb because of them?