sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Why is everyone making such a big deal about the eclipse? Even my mom is excited. She wanted to be an astronaut when she was young and always had an interest in the cosmos/universe. She wanted to study astrophysics lol

Reactions: Rocinante and Forever Sleep
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I think eclipses are cool personally. I think they look neat. It's too bad I don't have the glasses to look at it.

Reactions: Unicr0n, Astoria, sserafim and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think eclipses are cool personally. I think they look neat. It's too bad I don't have the glasses to look at it.
I saw the one back in 2017 (with eclipse glasses) but didn't get them this time because I don't care about anything anymore. It's probably the anhedonia…

• Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, Unknown21 and Malaria
SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
Lmao eclipse? since when was new year again?

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Because they are relatively rare for a given area.
There are several types of eclipses.
Visible total eclipses are the rarest.
For example, in Poland the last total eclipse was visible in 1954, and the next one will be in 2135.

Another thing is that space is an extremely interesting topic. That's why people get excited about things like this.
Space stimulates my imagination, so it's also interesting for me.

By the way, I also wanted to be an astronaut :), but it was a typical childhood dream that has nothing to do with reality.
I also wanted to be a priest at some point, so it shows that a child's mind has its own rules.

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, Unicr0n, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Because they are relatively rare for a given area.
There are several types of eclipses.
Visible total eclipses are the rarest.
For example, in Poland the last total eclipse was visible in 1954, and the next one will be in 2135.

Another thing is that space is an extremely interesting topic. That's why people get excited about things like this.
Space stimulates my imagination, so it's also interesting for me.

By the way, I also wanted to be an astronaut :), but it was a typical childhood dream that has nothing to do with reality.
I also wanted to be a priest at some point, so it shows that a child's mind has its own rules.
Well both eclipses were partial where I am. I also find space interesting but I don't see a need to watch the eclipse myself when I can just watch it on TV or something

Reactions: Rocinante and Agon321
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I never pay attention to those things.
I don't see the point of watching an eclipse if you can't see the sun and can't get glasses. All I saw today was that the sky darkened a bit as if it were cloudy or as if you were filtering the sun.

It's funny to me that in my country, people associate eclipses or similar phenomena with natural disasters, as it's common to hear the same cliché nonsense about the "end of the world" and they believe that the eclipse is a sign of God's arrival or that the world is going to end...

I think this universe is ideal for those people who say that kind of things...

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Hollowman, falling_snow and sserafim
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
I just finished watching it and it's pretty spectacular. I have never seen it before. So it was definitely cool. I imagine seeing it again would be less spectacular.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I just finished watching it and it's pretty spectacular. I have never seen it before. So it was definitely cool. I imagine seeing it again would be less spectacular.
Was it a total one for you? Both eclipses were only partial for me. The sky got a little bit darker and it got colder, but nothing else happened. I didn't look at the sun lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I never pay attention to those things.
I don't see the point of watching an eclipse if you can't see the sun and can't get glasses. All I saw today was that the sky darkened a bit as if it were cloudy or as if you were filtering the sun.

It's funny to me that in my country, people associate eclipses or similar phenomena with natural disasters, as it's common to hear the same cliché nonsense about the "end of the world" and they believe that the eclipse is a sign of God's arrival or that the world is going to end...

I think this universe is ideal for those people who say that kind of things...
Lol people created God to explain things like eclipses. God was invented to explain things that were inexplicable at the time

Reactions: Rocinante and ClaudeCTTE
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Well both eclipses were partial where I am. I also find space interesting but I don't see a need to watch the eclipse myself when I can just watch it on TV or something
Of course it is, but it's better to watch something live.
It's cool to witness something like this.

I would like to see many things live, even the less safe ones.
For example, a tornado.
They are still relatively rare in Poland.
Of course I'm not complaining.
I wouldn't want a tornado to destroy my house :).
However, I would like to see a live tornado in a safe place.
Specifically, an EF-5 tornado.
A powerful demonstration of the power of nature.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
People are excited about such rare events and especially total solar eclipses are interesting bc of all the effects that are unusual during totality. It's almost dark, there's a 360° twilight, animals / nature goes to sleep and so on. It's truly an experience of a life time especially when it happens "right in front of your house". You can also see the corona and the chromosphere of the sun which isusually invisble.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Astoria and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It was total. The ring effect was cool to see for myself.
Oh nice. What color was the ring effect? It was multiple different colors on TV. Idk if it was due to the camera/filter or something

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Obviously they're firebenders concerned about not being able to bend for 8 minutes.

I didn't bother to check. I am pretty sure it wasn't even fully visible in my area.

• Yay!
Reactions: moshimoshi and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Obviously they're firebenders concerned about not being able to bend for 8 minutes.

I didn't bother to check. I am pretty sure it wasn't even fully visible in my area.
Lol what kind of bender do you think I'd be? I think I got firebender or airbender on a quiz once

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
TV at home is never the same experience as experiencing it live.

Reactions: LetMeBeSad and sserafim
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
Oh nice. What color was the ring effect? It was multiple different colors on TV. Idk if it was due to the camera/filter or something
It was a silvery kind of light. But when the moon first covered the sun and then after it started moving away, the bloom had rainbow like effect to it.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Lol what kind of bender do you think I'd be? I think I got firebender or airbender on a quiz once
I'm too lazy to find the tests I've used but from what I gather I feel most people here would be air cause we all want to be free from this earth

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim and falling_snow
falling_snow

falling_snow

Arcanist
Aug 9, 2023
i really like eclipses, because the physics and math behind the alignment of the eclipse is pretty interesting (yeah ok im a nerd). but i prefer watching the faces of people when they think the end of the world is coming when they see the moon getting in between the sun, so fucking stupid.

but yeah, id like to see an eclipse, i have never seen a total one, and i think there was a partial one a lot of years ago.

• Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
I wish the eclipse shuts the world down! I looked at the eclipses years ago with friends without glasses and nothing happened! The media lies, lies, and lies!

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I wish the eclipse shuts the world down! I looked at the eclipses years ago with friends without glasses and nothing happened! The media lies, lies, and lies!
The eclipse actually causes disruption in nature due to blocking of the sun. It becomes dark so animals think that it's nighttime

Reactions: Rocinante, leavingthesoultrap and momento.mori
M

momento.mori

Wake me up next year...
Mar 18, 2024
The eclipse actually causes disruption in nature due to blocking of the sun
My experience nothing hapoened. If nature was affected I wasn't aware.

M

mindhasmtns

Apr 7, 2024
idk for me nature is the only thing that can still make me feel any amount of "awe" or "wonder." i got to see something unusual that i might not get to see ever again, and for those few minutes, i didn't think about my life or my pain or anything but "ooh pretty." i don't get many moments like those, so that's why it's a big deal to me! 😊

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, greebo6 and sserafim
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It's a normie thing.

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
It must be an extraordinary experience to actually be there and see it and experience it in real time.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Astoria and sserafim
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Normies like it because sun gets covered by a massive rock for a while, right?
Schizos like me are considering eclipse to be a bad omen, I would look directly at it.

Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

No Future For Democracy
Feb 22, 2024
Wait, there's an eclipse?

• Yay!
Astoria

Astoria

Mar 31, 2024
It's fun. For a few minutes the sun and moon do something different than usual.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim