nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I've always been perplexed by this. It's a known fact that women go for older men and vice versa. My question is, how does this happen? How does someone know the person their dating is older.

With other aspects that people discriminate on when dating, you can easily rule people who don't fit into those categories when looking at them. Women who are obsessed with height can refuse to date short men, same with hygeine and facial attractiveness.

Age though is something not apparent so that person would have to get in a relationship first and ask what age the person is.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Ehm.. No. I always dated younger guys, because im very childish i guess.
My last and longest partner is older by 12 years , that didn't work out, i felt like his daughter.

So no, in my case, someone younger please.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
It's a holdover from when women couldn't inherit property

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Social reasons aside, I think it mostly goes into biology. Men like younger women because they represent fertility. Older men tend to represent stability, maturity and viewed as a provider. It all boils down to efficiently pumping out kids and giving them the best chance of survival so that the species can live on. I still believe we are highly primal. Modern civilization represents a very small percentage of our time here.

Now, the above in no way represents the full spectrum of reasons. I think this is the fundamental starting point though.

To tackle the point that age has to be asked. Well, men tend to seek out women. It is usually easier to tell a woman's age than a man's. More so the further up in age you go for both. Yes, there are situations where people like each other till they learn each other's age.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Bct, a.n.kirillov and 2 others
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
I don't know. I think most men just like young women. I seldom see young guys dating an older woman. In most (if not all) asian culture once a woman is over 30 and not attached/married she's leftover goods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 17331
gymletethnicel

gymletethnicel

Ugliest man alive
May 16, 2020
I don't know, I've never been in a relationship and never will. Your guess is as good as mine.

P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
I dated older men mostly for cash/access and they tend to have more skill/control with the cock.

ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I've always been more attracted to older men. I'm 33 and tend to be more attracted to men in the 40-60 range. I can't explain why I'm physically attracted to them. I just am. Of course, after antidepressants (7 months off now), my libido is non-existent and have no desire for anyone.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, the end is near and pete_x
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
I've always been more attracted to older men. I'm 33 and tend to be more attracted to men in the 40-60 range. I can't explain why I'm physically attracted to them. I just am. Of course, after antidepressants (7 months off now), my libido is non-existent and have no desire for anyone.
It'll come back, it takes time.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
I don't know, I've never been in a relationship and never will. Your guess is as good as mine.
Well Copernicus had never visited the sun either. Your observations are as good as any

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
No idea ngl, I want an older girlfriend