omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
I have genuinely thought about this for so long. I have self harmed most of my life at this point since I was around 10. Cutting is the only way I can show any emotion and I do not know why I am broken. I want to be able to cry without hurting myself

• Hugs
Reactions: Cr4ne, Costrecce and アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Its the body's way of protecting itself from the mental struggles and redirecting the pain from the mentality onto the body. I don't know why this is the case but it makes it feel better. I'm sorry you're struggling in such a way and hopefully you'll find relief from it soon. I wish you the best!

• Hugs
Reactions: omarofficial10
omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
Its the body's way of protecting itself from the mental struggles and redirecting the pain from the mentality onto the body. I don't know why this is the case but it makes it feel better. I'm sorry you're struggling in such a way and hopefully you'll find relief from it soon. I wish you the best!
Yeah that makes sense I guess :) taking my mental pain and turning it physical to try and deal with it sorta? I won't be struggling for much longer I hope you find relief as well. I've been following you since I joined and have been seeing ur posts but my account got deleted last night.

• Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yeah that makes sense I guess :) taking my mental pain and turning it physical to try and deal with it sorta? I won't be struggling for much longer I hope you find relief as well. I've been following you since I joined and have been seeing ur posts but my account got deleted last night.
That is actually the reason why most people do SH, either because its a cry for help and they need attention or they need to convert their mental pain into physical pain which is easier to endure.

Also, yes, the outage that I fortunately didn't have to experience deleted a weeks worth of data. Many accounts that have existed since a week have been deleted. Sorry you were part of that, it was probably stressful having your account deleted and not being able to access the forum for a while.

Thanks for following me, by the way. I didn't realize people cared about me. :) I send you my best regards and the best of luck, again.

• Love
omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
That is actually the reason why most people do SH, either because its a cry for help and they need attention or they need to convert their mental pain into physical pain which is easier to endure.

Also, yes, the outage that I fortunately didn't have to experience deleted a weeks worth of data. Many accounts that have existed since a week have been deleted. Sorry you were part of that, it was probably stressful having your account deleted and not being able to access the forum for a while.

Thanks for following me, by the way. I didn't realize people cared about me. :) I send you my best regards and the best of luck, again.
You have tons of people following you and your posts man :) thank you, honestly. I hope you start feeling better soon!

• Hugs
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Self-harm gives me some peace of mind when my mind gets pretty shaky, maybe that's the case for you.

• Hugs
E

End Durance

Jul 18, 2023
I tried cutting myself, it didn't really give me the same sense of relief as hitting myself with open/closed fist does, I guess because I don't feel as hurt as I think I should.

As said above, usually it's a cry for help or (in my case) the intense urge to deal with mental pain. I usually SH as a form of punishment, for making everyone around me miserable.

I get doing it to feel something, it's about the only time I feel really at peace with the world, I don't smoke (anymore), but damn do I want one after. I've heard rubber bands are a good way to help ween off SH if you ever desire to do that, but I completely understand if it just doesn't give that same release.

• Hugs
dysthym1a

dysthym1a

i just keep letting me down
Sep 9, 2023
I have genuinely thought about this for so long. I have self harmed most of my life at this point since I was around 10. Cutting is the only way I can show any emotion and I do not know why I am broken. I want to be able to cry without hurting myself
Yeah, seems like for you it's a way of expressing your pain physically - like an outlet for the suffering that's often hard to articulate. That's how it was for me. I quit a long time ago. Get the urge to do it all the time though.

• Love
omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
I tried cutting myself, it didn't really give me the same sense of relief as hitting myself with open/closed fist does, I guess because I don't feel as hurt as I think I should.

As said above, usually it's a cry for help or (in my case) the intense urge to deal with mental pain. I usually SH as a form of punishment, for making everyone around me miserable.

I get doing it to feel something, it's about the only time I feel really at peace with the world, I don't smoke (anymore), but damn do I want one after. I've heard rubber bands are a good way to help ween off SH if you ever desire to do that, but I completely understand if it just doesn't give that same release.
I do not plan on weening off self harm. I am sorry for trying to make it seem like that, however I will be dead in a month. I just want to understand why I've spent half of my life hurting myself to feel something.

• Hugs
Reactions: End Durance
E

End Durance

Jul 18, 2023
I do not plan on weening off self harm. I am sorry for trying to make it seem like that, however I will be dead in a month. I just want to understand why I've spent half of my life hurting myself to feel something.
Ahh, my bad, and no worries! At the very least I hope you can feel some peace soon, you sound like you have more than earned it, however you obtain it.

• Hugs
omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
Ahh, my bad, and no worries! At the very least I hope you can feel some peace soon, you sound like you have more than earned it, however you obtain it.
Thank you for your kind words though, really! I'm glad you at least tried to show me harm reduction I just don't think it'll help me any now

• Love
Reactions: End Durance