• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

Tired of existing

Nov 28, 2020
Recently saw a bunch of youtube videos of "skid row", Los Angeles and it's homeless population.
It must be even worse in winter time in other places all around the world.
Corona makes the homeless population grow here in europe, I guess it will explode in the USA after all this mess is sorted out.

I wouldn't consider myself "well off" or happy in life, heck that's why people join the SS Website in the first place.

Yet I can't imagine not having a roof over my head, sleep with an open eye and drag on day to day, looking for food and resources.
My guess is I would seek solace in CTB right away with whatever method at hand.
The street would beat down my survival instinct within days.
What I can't execute in a comfty home would become number one priority out in the cold.

How do homeless people hold on on this terrible life then?
They must be way stronger than guys like me, or am I missing something?

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Before this pandemic came, I used to do volunteer work, we would go to the some streets and feed the homeless people, going to hospitals and even jails to sing and things like that through the charity mission I was a member. I would ask myself these people are facing such dire situations and I'm here in my head complaining about my problems and my depression, while these people have little things and have more willpower to live than me.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
A lot of people think life is always a better option than death, even when it's really bad (E.g. at least I'm not dead).

They think their life could get better. (Related to the above.)

People are scared of dying.

I think those are the main reasons.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Most of them still have hope and they think "at least i'm still alive".

I wouldn't even think about it and instantly ctb if I became homeless but that's because I already have enough mental issues.

A few homeless people get addicted to drugs and that's what keeps them alive too.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Some of them believe CTB is a sin and won't do it no matter what. They're "programmed" to keep living no matter what.

Some others, simply don't think of dying, just like "normal people". They don't wonder about afterlife, death, how absurd life and the universe are, etc.

In other words, the way I see it, ignorance and religion prevent them from CTB.

Last edited:
T

Tired of existing

Nov 28, 2020
Could be for various reasons, but I think a big one is that suicide is difficult.
It is only difficult if you are not in the right state of mind.
The human body actually is very fragile and can be killed quite easily.

Yet of yourse nature has the survival instinct ingrained in our psyche.
And that is always at cross purpose with our longing for ctb.

If the right circumstances like homelesses beat you down enough, the longing fpr ctb shoud outweight the survival instinct any day,
At least that's what I hope would happen to me.

Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
here in my head complaining about my problems and my depression, while these people have little things and have more willpower to live than me.
Other peoples' situations do not invalidate at all what you personally have to endure.
Suffering is suffering even when invisible or even if it feels insignificant to someone's misery.
Feelings are always personal and not easily comparable.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Other peoples' situations do not invalidate at all what you personally have to endure.
Suffering is suffering even when invisible or even if it feels insignificant to someone's misery.
Feelings are always personal and not easily comparable.
That is true. But some do have more willpower than me, like you said varies from person to person.

Mer

Mer

Insert Witty Comment Here
Dec 2, 2020

1: Humans have a powerful survival instinct. It's extremely hard to push it aside and actually CTB on purpose.

2: A lot of the homeless are mentally ill and may not even have the mental capacity to seriously plan out their own suicide, which overlaps with my first point.

3: Some are religious and believe in a hell, and that suicides go to said hell.

4: Plenty honestly are fine with life in general and do not suffer from suicidal ideation, regardless of their current circumstances.

Fun fact: Black women have the lowest suicide deaths. I never understood why until a friend of mine explained it to me this way- "Black women view living a good life as the best form of revenge." It's an interesting outlook. Perhaps some homeless people refuse to give up, to prove to either themselves or someone else that they can "make it".

P

Prathibha

Oct 27, 2020
The life is not about money, home, luxuries Nd all it's all about hope to achieve r live, love and care from the loved one, I think in this site everyone is having a smartphone Nd internet nd something still we all wanted to go for ctb. It's all about hope to live.

I lost my wish Nd hope to live im just waiting for my time.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
I assume they still have hope they will find a way to get out of this situation. If you think it's a temporary situation, it makes sense to want to go on living. If you think the situation you're in is unbearable and have no reason to think it will improve, it makes sense to want to die.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I do not know what's going on in the minds of all types of homeless people,

but according to a documentary I watched in the past, a proportion of homeless people are homeless due to things such as failing a business resulting in bankruptcy or something such as a large medical bill coming from sudden/long-term health issues. In these situations, people are having a unexpected major rough patch in life, but they are looking to pick themselves back up one day.

however factors such as whether you have any dependants, your own mental limits, do influence their decision-making.

and as other members already mentioned, it is true most people prefer to live rather than die, unless it exceeds their ultimate physical/mental limits.

Last edited:
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Recently saw a bunch of youtube videos of "skid row", Los Angeles and it's homeless population.
It must be even worse in winter time in other places all around the world.
Corona makes the homeless population grow here in europe, I guess it will explode in the USA after all this mess is sorted out.

I wouldn't consider myself "well off" or happy in life, heck that's why people join the SS Website in the first place.

Yet I can't imagine not having a roof over my head, sleep with an open eye and drag on day to day, looking for food and resources.
My guess is I would seek solace in CTB right away with whatever method at hand.
The street would beat down my survival instinct within days.
What I can't execute in a comfty home would become number one priority out in the cold.

They must be way stronger than guys like me, or am I missing something?
Tired of existing, l've was Homeless for a unhealthy number of years and l can assure you that it's Hell! You do have to sleep with one eye open in case another homeless person trys to steal your stuff, l've known homeless people while sleeping have their footwear taken off them! The very worse thing about being homeless is the way People walking past you look down at you "like they've just stepped in dog crap" You're clothes stink, You stink and in that situation Death would be most welcome,however when l found a quiet stairwell in a multistorey NCP Carpark at the top of Park Street and overdosed on "H"(deliberately) the bloody paramedic brought me back!!! He didn't seem to understand when I wasn't grateful! I experienced perfect peacefulness for 1-minute then l was wrenched roughly back into this toilet of a world! I can't blame the paramedic he was only doing his job and didn't know my history! I was just unlucky enough to be found by someone going to get their car! it could have been worse though my street friend 'Bear' od'ed with his pants around his ankles on a burger king toilet!!! No Thanks, Poor Bastard!!! I lasted 10 years on the 'street' then finally got the mythical help and the street is where my "BPD and ASPD" stem's from, my PTSD comes from my time as a sniper in the infantry! No wonder l have Nightmares eh?

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
A homeless woman I knew was probably 60 years old and was living for her cat in her car, with her cat.

I think good food can probably almost be found everywhere in most USA cities? Organizations like The Salvation Army and several others will cook food and provide it for everyone, and different groups of people may show up several times a month to cook gourmet meals, and give out socks and stuff like that too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prathibha
T

Tired of existing

Nov 28, 2020
Tired of existing, l've was Homeless for a unhealthy number of years and l can assure you that it's Hell! You do have to sleep with one eye open in case another homeless person trys to steal your stuff, l've known homeless people while sleeping have their footwear taken off them! The very worse thing about being homeless is the way People walking past you look down at you "like they've just stepped in dog crap" You're clothes stink, You stink and in that situation Death would be most welcome,however when l found a quiet stairwell in a multistorey NCP Carpark at the top of Park Street and overdosed on "H"(deliberately) the bloody paramedic brought me back!!! He didn't seem to understand when I wasn't grateful! I experienced perfect peacefulness for 1-minute then l was wrenched roughly back into this toilet of a world! I can't blame the paramedic he was only doing his job and didn't know my history! I was just unlucky enough to be found by someone going to get their car! it could have been worse though my street friend 'Bear' od'ed with his pants around his ankles on a burger king toilet!!! No Thanks, Poor Bastard!!! I lasted 10 years on the 'street' then finally got the mythical help and the street is where my "BPD and ASPD" stem's from, my PTSD comes from my time as a sniper in the infantry! No wonder l have Nightmares eh?

Man, that's hard.
I wouldn't have the strenght to get through that, I wouldn't be tough enough to make one week let alone years.

I suppose you are a veteran and fought in the US Army.
Why isn't he VA helping veterans out with housing?
That's the least a country can do for you that you fought for for whatever reason.

Everyone deserves to die in dignity under a roof when you exit this world.

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Man, that's hard.
I wouldn't have the strenght to get through that, I wouldn't be tough enough to make one week let alone years.

That's the least a country can do for you that you fought for for whatever reason.

Don't even get me started on the VA and how bad they've betrayed me. They're a large part of why I'm here.

• Aww..
Reactions: watchingthewheels
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You are assigning your values for quality of life/a life worth continuing to them. While I know your post was nothing but benign, horrible things have been done throughout history by those who continued that thought process a bit further.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Man, that's hard.

Nullm, l'm British M8, and thanks for the like. P.S You'd be surprised what you have the strength to do when you have to! Blessings dude.

Last edited:
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I don't get it either. Ctb is clearly the only option at that point. I think the homeless are masochistic.

• Aww..
Reactions: TriggerHappy
AnotherNobody

AnotherNobody

Nov 12, 2020
As much as we believe in the right to death we have to be able to admit it's not a solution for everyone and should happen the least often possible considering not everyone is always in their best state to make such a decision, I'm sure some are sometimes suicidal, but if death is a choice then we shouldn't ask ourselves why people aren't making it.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
not everyone is always in their best state to make such a decision.
How could we decide when someone is in a 'good' state or not to make their own decisions? What kind of life would it be for someone else to make all your decisions for you, as an adult? To me, it sounds like no life at all.

Reactions: budgie
MewtwoIsAlive

MewtwoIsAlive

Experienced
Jul 11, 2020
Ive asked myself this question so many time

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
A large portion of homeless people have mental health concerns, there are studies that explain that a large portion of them have schizophrenia (North America).

Others fall on hard times, losing jobs, unable to find housing after jail, immigrating or as a refugee, a rising cause is substance use; losing your home bc of an addiction.

The vast majority of clients I work with fall in these categories & the hardest part once you've become homeless is getting off the street. The stigma. Landlords often won't house & subsized housing often has year long waits.