falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
You said your father and his brother committed suicide?
My biological dad killed himself when I was 11 months old. This is the man who married my mom and raised me I'm talking about here. Sorry if that was confusing.

Reactions: Deleted member 14573
E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
Because everyone shits on us.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, disabledandhopeless and Living_Hurts_so_Much
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
I think genuinely nice people like us get stepped on by others who don't give a shit about anyone else. It seems like it's survival of who-can-be-the-biggest-asshole

Reactions: ERASED
PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I think a lot of suicidal people are deeply empathetic and in turn burdened by the pain of the world. We take on not just our own pain but the pain of those around us and in the world. It's fucking depressing man

Love this. It's an issue for me, given the current state of our country (the US) and the world. Everything seems spinning out of control, and those in charge of all political parties are working diligently to game the system or their own benefit. I'm tired, exhausted, of trying to process it.

I am also trapped in some patterns of self sabotage. I don't mean to, but whenever things are good and on a roll I will unconciously do something that screws it up. I've tried therapy, meditation, religion, new age, even sheer will power to avoid these patterns. But soon enough they return.

I had a good job with good future and salary, but after a couple decades in the industry, find my work very unfulfilling. I resigned a month ago. I'm in my mid-50s so too late to try and start a whole new direction and career. I tend to believe (tend, because I have no proof) that our spirits are reincarnated. I am excited to CTB and and focusing my energy on returning to a much more successful new life.

• Love
Reactions: Thinking and ERASED
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
this world is not built for genuine and kind people. being kind doesn't get the same reward (if any) as being mean does. kind people just don't last in this environment. either they become mean, or they become sick of the mean people. there's probably a better word than mean but i'm tired right now so forgive me.

Reactions: Thinking, disabledandhopeless and ERASED
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Because they are not happy with their current situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: ERASED
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I feel like I used to be kinder and more empathetic in the past but certain events led me to just being increasingly bitter. If I had to guess, other people here are in a similar situation with varying levels of being able to hold onto that empathy. I on the other hand flipped into pure sadism. Usually when I do feel empathy it's for all the wrong people: the kind that society and even the better natured people here would condemn. That's why when I finally do CTB it will be the kindest thing I can do for the world.

• Hugs
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, KleinerWolf and ERASED
E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
I feel like I used to be kinder and more empathetic in the past but certain events led me to just being increasingly bitter. If I had to guess, other people here are in a similar situation with varying levels of being able to hold onto that empathy. I on the other hand flipped into pure sadism. Usually when I do feel empathy it's for all the wrong people: the kind that society and even the better natured people here would condemn. That's why when I finally do CTB it will be the kindest thing I can do for the world.
You're not alone. I fall for the same shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Dr Iron Arc
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I'm not sure how judgemental this sounds,
but in all seriousness the world doesn't give a f,
if anyone is committing suicide, I hope they stay true to themselves.

The world is chaotic, the good and bad are man-made perceptions.
If situations change, you'd be doing the complete opposite.
:D

Reactions: ERASED and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm not sure how judgemental this sounds,
but in all seriousness the world doesn't give a f,
if anyone is committing suicide, I hope they stay true to themselves.

The world is chaotic, the good and bad are man-made perceptions.
If situations change, you'd be doing the complete opposite.
:D
You're right, my selfishness caused me to engage in hyperbole. My bad. I actually think that society in general just wants people LIKE me dead but they're afraid to admit it. The way I see it, the longer I stay alive the more I'll continue to cause harm to people whether emotional or just offending them with my opinions. It's true that good and evil are merely human constructs, unfortunately for me I am simply what so many people around me have deemed evil so that's what I meant.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
You're right, my selfishness caused me to engage in hyperbole. My bad. I actually think that society in general just wants people LIKE me dead but they're afraid to admit it. The way I see it, the longer I stay alive the more I'll continue to cause harm to people whether emotional or just offending them with my opinions. It's true that good and evil are merely human constructs, unfortunately for me I am simply what so many people around me have deemed evil so that's what I meant.

When I said judgmental I was referring to my own comment. Sorry if that was misleading.

I suspect we think/act the way we do, because of the environment, people we were exposed to.
You value kindness which means you are a good person.

I guess what I was trying to say earlier,
things are situational,
it wasn't your fault to begin with,
things may be off from where you want them to be,
it's okay to work towards it and it's okay to seek change,
but it's also good to not be so harsh on yourself.
:hug::heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I appreciate all the compassionate answers, but what is OP actually doing? Undercover research into suicide motives? They only have 1 post. This is very shady to put it mildly

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Some of us tend to feel like we have to act ok for everyone else around us as either we are everybody's go to person or clown or whatever. For instance Robin Williams, he was so known for comedy that he felt like he had to act funny all the time and in the end ended his life from depression and also dementia. My carer was the kindest person I have ever met, he felt like he had to act fine all the time because he felt like he would fail everyone if he didn't and that resulted in his suicide. I always feel like I have to act funny as I'm known for being the clown and making everyone else around me laugh and feel if I don'tthen everyone will leave me though everyone has left anyway! The kind people in the world tend to go first.

Reactions: FriendofDeath
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
Because this world is designed for terrible people

Reactions: GoneGoneGone
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I have seen many pictures of those lost to suicide and read many stories. What do you see over and over? The person was kind, empathetic, cared about others. Families and friends say they weren't meant for this world. They were too good. I have to agree this makes up a large percentage of those that ctb. It's tough when you pick up on every thing going on around you. It wears you down. And it's hard to accept you can't solve everyone's problems.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf