H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
All these celebrities robin William's, chester bennington, kate spade, Anthony bourdain, chris cornell, kieth flint all hang themselves successfully and all I get is lightheaded. Sorry posting a lot today just frustrated not being able to ctb successfully.

Reactions: Hennessy, Oblivion Lover, suffering and 3 others
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
RIP chester bennington :aw:

Reactions: Hotsackage
DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
We've no idea how many times, if any, they may have tried before succeeding. When you're desperate enough, you'll do just about anything including trial and error. No matter the pain it causes.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, CrappyMJ, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
And Brody Stevens RIP. Belt wedged in a door no less. I think you're right, if you want it bad enough, I don't think the pain of messing up matters too much.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Lifeisatrap, Memento Mori and 3 others
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
And Brody Stevens RIP. Belt wedged in a door no less. I think you're right, if you want it bad enough, I don't think the pain of messing up matters too much.
I wedge the belt and breaks. Talk about luck

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and FauxEmotions
DeadlyLiving

DeadlyLiving

I can't fix it, is this where I give in?
Jan 1, 2019
I am sorry that you have such a hard time :( Did you think about trying it with other methods?

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019

I would have never thought to just wedge it in the door. They gotta have the luck gene. Unless they just drop from a standing position and the knot is tight enough to not slip but the belt unwedges from the door? But all police reports say they are hanging when found... idk...

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Hotsackage
Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Its not hard to die by partial suspensión,you just need 15 mins alone in some place and a lot of courage,but there´s a lot of people
whot wants to ctb but don´t have the courage and Deep down they don´t want to die,so they "blame" the method,the rope,the knot,everything

Reactions: DoneWithThis, heylightiforgot, Vegrau and 6 others
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I would have never thought to just wedge it in the door. They gotta have the luck gene. Unless they just drop from a standing position and the knot is tight enough to not slip but the belt unwedges from the door? But all police reports say they are hanging when found... idk...
It can work u just need a strong belt. Not some pos for 10bucks
I am sorry that you have such a hard time :( Did you think about trying it with other methods?
Alcohol poisoning is my no.1 go to rn. Or a train but surviving that is horrific.
Its not hard to die by partial suspensión,you just need 15 mins alone in some place and a lot of courage,but there´s a lot of people
whot wants to ctb but don´t have the courage and Deep down they don´t want to die,so they "blame" the method,the rope,the knot,everything
I cant pass out tho. Maybe I need a better ligament then a belt

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019

Solid point.

Reactions: Sick Boy
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
The best and definite hanging method is full suspension... a really full one like tie a rope in a bridge . Because if made right you have a mix of jumping and hanging!

Reactions: felix and Lifeisatrap
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
probably life experience, they're capable, have a strong will, etc. they wouldnt be successful if they weren't. I couldnt wrap my head around the amount of ignorance one member a long time ago showed by writing how he wondered how stupid peasants manage to hang themselves and he couldnt. he probably forgot this "stupid" peasant used his hands productively for the last circa 40 years, and he was probably a 21st century digital boy. not connected to you, just a stream of thoughts. a lot of 'average', capable people have balls and just do it, the same way they would wrap a tie, or dry the laundry. its not rocket science, as they say, I mean the logistics

Reactions: DoneWithThis, heylightiforgot and TheGoodGuy
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Maybe it really matters at least for partial suspension that everyone has a different neck..I mean apparently you need to apply 5-11 pounds of pressure to occlude the carotid arteries. It's different for everyone. This could explain why some can do it easily while others can't. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Lifeisatrap, FauxEmotions and 2 others
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
Maybe it really matters at least for partial suspension that everyone has a different neck..I mean apparently you need to apply 5-11 pounds of pressure to occlude the carotid arteries. It's different for everyone. This could explain why some can do it easily while others can't. I could be wrong though.
Hitting that sweet spot is hard.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, FauxEmotions and ZomGuy
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
You don't know how many attempts they made before they got it right.
Other celebrities who attempt but don't succeed, you wouldn't hear about.
Celebrities may have extra motivation to get it right for fear that the media would find out about a failed attempt.

Those are just reasons off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more!

Reactions: DoneWithThis, Oblivion Lover, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
The best and definite hanging method is full suspension... a really full one like tie a rope in a bridge . Because if made right you have a mix of jumping and hanging!
What about from these

Attachments

• EBCEAFEF-D40B-4C4E-BF40-0FD0AC4852A4.jpeg
    EBCEAFEF-D40B-4C4E-BF40-0FD0AC4852A4.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 97DA1321-88B3-4300-9F6E-ACEDDD6AB87D.jpeg
    97DA1321-88B3-4300-9F6E-ACEDDD6AB87D.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Love
Reactions: 262653, Lifeisatrap, Quinlor and 1 other person
L

Lifeisatrap

Arcanist
Oct 5, 2018
I think a few celebrities have had failed attempts at one point actually: Eminem, Owen Wilson, Elton John, Billy Joel... But then things start going there way and they're no longer suicidal. That's my guess anyway. It'd definately be more difficult to follow through with suicide attempts being in the public eye I'd imagine.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
David Foster Wallace had one known failed hanging attempt before he succeeded. That's why he taped his hands together.

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
it`s like when you buy a car , you dont notice how many of the same model there are on the streets until you buy one ,
We are only looking at successessful ones and i doubt many people search or remember failed attempts ,
I`m sure there will be a lot more than are on this list .

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivion Lover