• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Just how are most people not suicidal? I don't understand it

• Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, Praestat_Mori, sserafim and 14 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Everyone has problems. Most can cope or overcome theirs. Some have greater issues or circumstances that do not promote a healthy and happy life.
None of us choose our problems or situations, we just have to deal with them the best we can.

Reactions: _Minsk, divinemistress36, LoiteringClouds and 10 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If people actually wish to continue existing here then I could also never understand it. To me existence is very undesirable and I would always prefer to not exist to avoid all future unnecessary suffering.

I see existence as very tiresome and burdensome, it disturbs me how there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they are enslaved in this decaying flesh prison they never could have consented to being in.

This world is such a dangerous, hellish place where the risk of suffering much more is there at all times as after all chance so senselessly determines everything.
This is why I will always see life worshipping as being so incredibly delusional as existence is something so harmful, it's the ultimate cause of all suffering, it just creates problems there was never a need for but the true problem will always lie in existence itself.

Reactions: sserafim, kvsvenky100, HaHaSoLame and 6 others
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
Well, what makes you suicidal? Why do you not enjoy life? It's exactly the same for them, minus those problems. That's all it is.

Reactions: _Minsk, kvsvenky100, Sprite_Geist and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I thought of similar things as this post and poster on twitter. I see the supposed "good" things as bait for the trap of extreme torture.

The sweeter the honey the more likely to stay in the trap while the trap winds and recoils to spring upon the unsuspecting victim.

Everywhere we see focus on the supposed good things never the on extreme torture that is highly probable especially in old age, cancer, stroke, insomnia , dementia, disabling accidents , nursing homes, kidnapping torture, tape worm infection etc.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: worthIess, sserafim, kvsvenky100 and 5 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Well, what makes you suicidal? Why do you not enjoy life? It's exactly the same for them, minus those problems. That's all it is.
Well, some things that contribute to me being suicidal is me never having made a single irl friend or acquaintance during my entire life, having no interests or anything to rely on to help me calm down during extreme situations, having an extreme negative reaction to suffering no matter how small, having no passions to anything life has to offer. Heh, I guess most people don't have these issues after all. But, then, even some suicidal people don't have the same issues as me yet they're suicidal
I thought of similar things as this post and poster on twitter. I see the supposed "good" things as bait for the trap of extreme torture.

The sweeter the honey the more likely to stay in the trap while the trap winds and recoils to spring.

Everywhere we see focus on the supposed good things never the extreme torture that is highly probable especially in old age, cancer, stroke, dementia, disabling accidents , nursing homes, kidnapping torture, tape worm etc.

Wow, well said. That's such a good post. I wonder if so called instrumental suffering comes into play in the same way too. Like I've noticed that most people are pro suffering (with maybe some exceptions such as terminal illnesses) because they argue that suffering causes people to improve and be better. In fact, I've even seen some anti suicide rhetoric which states that suicide should be hard as people shouldn't be allowed to escape suffering so easily. I think it's sick at just how much pro suffering people are

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, worthIess, sserafim and 5 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Because they are asleep and living in a bubble of delusion and distraction from the true nature of reality.
They have also probably never experienced the horrors of mental illnesses, various forms of abuse and existential crisis.

• Yay!
Reactions: worthIess, sserafim, kvsvenky100 and 7 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Because they are asleep and living in a bubble of delusion and distraction from the true nature of reality.
They have also probably never experienced the horrors of mental illnesses, various forms of abuse and existential crisis.
I.. actually wish I could be like them. But it's impossible for me to live in a bubble of illusion when the reality of life affects me directly and explicitly

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, kvsvenky100, UtopianSoliloquies and 2 others
LouLouLouLou

LouLouLouLou

Dec 4, 2023
For me what keeps me going is my family and the things I get to do with them. I guess I cling on to the idea that I will get to experience cool places later on in life once I graduate from university. I'm not really sure if I am suicidal, but there have been thoughts like that. I guess to answer your question it is simply just the experiences that most people would like to have, or family members that keep them alive

• Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, Aim, Kit1 and 1 other person
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
On one hand I hate this quote but on the otherhand I feel like there's truth in it. "Life is what u make it" but also if u prioritize things that give meaning rather than chase happiness or short term pleasure. Unless u are wealthy, the main ways I think people find joy, is through their family relationships or other relationships, and hobbies. In some cases people love their occupations but those people are not the majority. The reason I hate that quote "life is what u make it" is that to have a decent quality of life u still kinda of have to have a acceptable starting foundation or it might be really miserable filled with suffering and u might not even understand why if u aren't curious to find out why or u aren't able to.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, kvsvenky100, Siderly and 2 others
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
It could be because of a variety of circumstances. I've had online friends say they have never felt depressed or even much sadness in their lives at all. They were born with the right people at the right time and place, and raised well. If there are things that go wrong in their life, them and most people alone would be motivated to fix those problems because they have a good support system behind them and people that care about them. I'm not a psychologist, but I'd imagine the people you are describing have not had to be faced with or born into unfortunate circumstances, such as being born into a very poor family or having very terrible abusive parents.

Everyone has struggles, even people who have never considered suicide, however the reality is someone people just have way more than others (wither its brought on themselves or uncontrollable event) and can only take so much suffering and negative energy. So some might decide life is not worth it and in my opinion that option is extremely valid.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Siderly, HaHaSoLame and 2 others
huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
I think it has to do with a lot of factors, like other mentioned definitely your childhood upbringing, biology, coping skills and what life has given you. Were you raised in a loving household and told that you were valid? Or were you beaten when you made a mistake and told that the world is a bad place? The mind basically takes the "avoid" theme to the extreme with suicidality. We have learned that the world is a bad place and the problems we face have no other solution than just leaving. Again, no fault of our own. We have just adapted to our situation.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Siderly, Lammpz and 1 other person
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
I don't know because I've genuinely been depressed since very young. The only thing I've ever enjoyed about life was concerts and gigs-I think that's the closest I've ever got to enjoying anything on the same level as other people because I love music. Other than that, I'd go back to childhood Summers, sitting under our apple tree in the garden with our dogs. At least I was fairly content then, although it makes it all the more painful to not be there anymore.

I think while other people and animals are suffering I'll always be troubled by it, and I can't compartmentalise that like I assume most happy people can.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Siderly, HaHaSoLame and 4 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023

• Yay!
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Aim, Ontwon and 1 other person
S

silentnights56

Dec 6, 2023

The sweeter the honey the more likely to stay in the trap while the trap winds and recoils to spring upon the unsuspecting victim.

Everywhere we see focus on the supposed good things never the on extreme torture that is highly probable especially in old age, cancer, stroke, insomnia , dementia, disabling accidents , nursing homes, kidnapping torture, tape worm infection etc.

Absolutely on point!

Reactions: worthIess, kvsvenky100, losing hope and 1 other person
melancholia_melodia

melancholia_melodia

Nov 29, 2023
Most people don't think about suicide because they were born and raised happy, fulfilled and content with their lives. But we users just aren't lucky enough to enjoy the same life as them. We are in the minority here... Pain and misery have chosen us instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, kvsvenky100, Grav and 1 other person
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Life can be good, though. Not everyone went through a hellish experience and I know that sounds unfair but they are less likely to be suicidal because of it.

• Hmph!
Reactions: kvsvenky100 and hanz
untildeathdousapart

untildeathdousapart

Dec 2, 2023
Because life can be beautiful if you live under the right circumstances and probably have the right mindset too. Going on adventures and doing what you like. Personally I am not against life, i just dont see a point for myself to continue on living. but for other people there a hundreds of reasons why they like it and that is perfectly fine too. I'm glad not everyone on this broken planet feels as miserable.

• Hugs
Reactions: hanz, Little_Suzy and delora
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Life can be good, though. Not everyone went through a hellish experience and I know that sounds unfair but they are less likely to be suicidal because of it.
I didn't have a hellish experience either yet I still wish to be dead

Reactions: worthIess, kvsvenky100 and fkyou
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Hahah!!!! . Thank you for just making my day!:) This was hilerious!

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
4 out of 5 people do not experience a mental illness in their lifetime.

We just got unlucky.

Mental health literacy needs to seriously improve because as far as I can tell 95% (if I were to guess) of mental illnesses are preventable.

But the rhetoric I see on this forum that assumes most people are unhappy and life is fundamentally not worth living is just not true.

It just happens to not be worth it for an unfortunate minority. Which is extra unfair.

At this point I'm over it and have accepted it. I have found peace knowing that I will soon die. In fact, I've learned to let go of envy; I'm very happy for my peers, family, and most of the world who get to experience more joy than I have in my life. It's hard to come to this point, but deep down being happy for them provides a lot of relief and I think shows some maturity

Envy is poisonous. Even if it stems from being victimized.

A compassionate response towards ourselves and others is warranted. It's exceptionally challenging to do these both simultaneously; it's what a lot of the world struggles with and has resulted in much of the conflicts spanning history.

Last edited:
Reactions: NekiLik, ShadowsBeforeDawn, sserafim and 5 others
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I have some friends and have worked with a few people that were just happy being alive. They were some of the best people I was able to be around, not because they were going to save me but because we were just so opposite. We were just cool with how each other was even though we couldn't get in the mindset of the other. No idea how or why they are like that but probably like some said, right circumstances and plain luck. But a few of those "up people" had some crap too but it just didn't wreck them. A bit envious of them but it's not going to happen to me so no point for me to be broken up about that.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
Why are you on SaSu then? Everyone on here is suffering in some way
Because I wish to be dead and I relate heavily to the people here. Sure, everybody is suffering but the way in which people react to suffering is different as our reaction and perception of suffering is subjective. It just so happens that, unfortunately, the suffering that I get affects me to such a high magnitude even if my issues aren't extremely deviated from most people. Or actually, I'm unsure about that as most people have formed friendships during their lives and had nice families which I don't have. Either way, I'm on this site because I wish to be dead and I believe I shouldn't have to suffer just because everybody else does.

And death is the only way to not suffer at all

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, kvsvenky100, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Born lucky.

Reactions: sserafim
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Multiple things.

Like not being around misfortune, hiding from realities of nature through copium beliefs. Being too busy to think. Being too busy with roles we created to fulfill. Going against the grain also means being alienated by society and most people want to fit in so they will act on that impulse and eat everyone who doesn't. Like pro choice scares them since it involves reminder of mortality, something they hide away from. If you shut down something that makes you question your reality you can return to your illusions.

Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
stoiccactus

stoiccactus

somehow still here
Mar 24, 2022
Every once in a blue moon I get a glimmer of the good things in life: love, children, great food, kindness, knowledge. But it's separated by vast endless swaths of misery, dread, and anxiety.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and delora
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Because there are vastly more ups than downs in their life. Or the weight of these "ups" being heavier than the downs.

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
When other people love and support us, and when our acts bring us happiness, we feel fulfilled.

As a consequence of illnesses, abuse, and low self-esteem, members of this group, in my view, contemplate suicide. But the people who truly terminate their own lives are the ones who have no one to turn to for help and who can't meet their most basic needs on their own. The good bye threads often touch on topics such as homelessness and abusive parents.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Forever Sleep
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
When other people love and support us, and when our acts bring us happiness, we feel fulfilled.

As a consequence of illnesses, abuse, and low self-esteem, members of this group, in my view, contemplate suicide. But the people who truly terminate their own lives are the ones who have no one to turn to for help and who can't meet their most basic needs on their own. The good bye threads often touch on topics such as homelessness and abusive parents.
I'm in the group of people who have nobody to turn to for help and who also can't do basic needs on my own. Being like this is painful and I can understand why people ctb over this. For me the only real way to fix my issues is via death

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE