B

bigbigbig

Oct 15, 2023
Thinking about it if i couldn't afford to be drunk pretty much daily id rather die. Guess im leaving when im completely out of money.

• Hugs
Reactions: UnwillingSavior, TheSpookyNameGuy and Praestat_Mori
A

Alpercino

Jun 19, 2023
Sounds like the Alcohol method takes too much time and Money

• Yay!
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, Dliena, Decided98 and 7 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've never been really drunk. Is it really that good? Are you able to still function enough to go to work? I don't think I'd enjoy a hangover or being sick plus yeah- just the expense really.

Reactions: Jarni, donkeywanttodie and Slow_Farewell
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I've never been really drunk. Is it really that good? Are you able to still function enough to go to work? I don't think I'd enjoy a hangover or being sick plus yeah- just the expense really.
No it's not. I am still myself just sleepy

• Hugs
Reactions: UnwillingSavior and Forever Sleep
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I don't find being drunk enjoyable. I don't like brain fog and it's annoying for me not being able to think with my full brain capacity. You don't always get a hangover, I've gotten drunk with no hangover!

Reactions: Decided98, donkeywanttodie, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, NoAIarmsNoSurprises, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Exact Change

Exact Change

A life of mistakes
Nov 6, 2022
Thinking about it if i couldn't afford to be drunk pretty much daily id rather die. Guess im leaving when im completely out of money.
Don't you get extremely depressed after drinking? I know I do. My drinking has created some horrible anxiety, and depression for me on almost a daily basis.

Reactions: Decided98
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I can't function drunk, my metabolism makes me way too drunk way too fast, and while I've only had a hangover once, I hated it so much. I'd rather just be stoned all the time tbh.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
It's the hang overs/next day that just annoys me, that and the puking.

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
I think a lot of what contributes to my willingness to CTB is my substance abuse. I've irrecoverably fucked up my life to the point where I don't really see a light at the end of the tunnel even if I tried, all for a momentary escape from the daily anguish of living.

Don't get me wrong. I still drink daily. I'm drunk more often than I'm not. But that only helps me push my problems away for a little while, until they grow and grow and turn into something I can no longer handle. I consider alcohol what it is, an escape, not an answer.

Reactions: UnwillingSavior, NoAIarmsNoSurprises and wtfislife
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Getting high or drunk makes it worse.

Your SI will be on overdrive and they make depression even worse. A depressant as treatment for depression and suicidal thoughts is a recipe to feel even more shitty.

Reactions: Jarni
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Because it doesn't last. You come back sober eventually...so it's kinda pointless. I'd rather just ctb if I could but I can't right now. Something is holding me back/ I have to develop a better plan...

Reactions: UnwillingSavior and Decided98
Anri_wants_peace

Anri_wants_peace

Dec 23, 2023
lul

Attachments

• sotie-beer.mp4
    137.5 KB
Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises
W

Whistea

Jul 29, 2022
Ehhh, it kinda lost its effect on me, sadly. All that drinking must've jacked up my resistance + I'm Russian to begin with, so I guess I am more immune to it by default, and I mean that without a shred of irony.
Back in the days getting drunk was a guaranteed good time. If I felt like shit, I'd feel normal, if I felt normal, I'd feel good and the rare times I already felt good, alcohol'd make me feel even better. Either way, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling of content numbness and joy.
But just yesterday for example, I started drinking right after I woke up, as I tend to do at times. I was browsing the internet, watching videos, playing games, eating, all the while I'm pouring me some of that 35% Bacardi Spiced. (Tasted pretty nice for its price). And before I knew it, about 2/3 of the bottle was gone. I had a slight buzz, I knew for a fact I was drunk, but I didn't have -that- feeling. Or at least not with the intensity I used to have, not by a long shot. Long gone are the days where I used to just burst into laughter for no reason or stumble down the hallways. Now I just feel... normal. I'd bet after half a bottle I could still easily pass a sobriety test.
I guess it still beats being sober though. Not by much, but it still does. So I'll keep on drinking.

• Hugs
Reactions: UnwillingSavior, Decided98 and Thanksforeverything
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
Alcohol has no effect on my damaged brain

D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
If it weren't for single malt scotch and dark beer, I wouldn't have made it this long, definitely not for everyone but alcohol works fairly well to help keep the demons at bay.
I would rather drink than go through the medicine chest of pills that are out there these days.
Lyrica was the worst, zombie fodder

Reactions: NoAIarmsNoSurprises
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
Ehhh, it kinda lost its effect on me, sadly. All that drinking must've jacked up my resistance + I'm Russian to begin with, so I guess I am more immune to it by default, and I mean that without a shred of irony.
Back in the days getting drunk was a guaranteed good time. If I felt like shit, I'd feel normal, if I felt normal, I'd feel good and the rare times I already felt good, alcohol'd make me feel even better. Either way, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling of content numbness and joy.
But just yesterday for example, I started drinking right after I woke up, as I tend to do at times. I was browsing the internet, watching videos, playing games, eating, all the while I'm pouring me some of that 35% Bacardi Spiced. (Tasted pretty nice for its price). And before I knew it, about 2/3 of the bottle was gone. I had a slight buzz, I knew for a fact I was drunk, but I didn't have -that- feeling. Or at least not with the intensity I used to have, not by a long shot. Long gone are the days where I used to just burst into laughter for no reason or stumble down the hallways. Now I just feel... normal. I'd bet after half a bottle I could still easily pass a sobriety test.
I guess it still beats being sober though. Not by much, but it still does. So I'll keep on drinking.
Perfectly sums up my experience with drinking. And it's not even just alcohol. Happened with every other substance I've ever used. Benzos, opioids, marijuana, meth, nothing gives you that warm fuzzy feeling after a while. All you can do is chase after it but to no avail. But yeah, still beats being sober.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I've drank quite a bit tonight, i don't get "comfy drunk" at all.

I just feel warm and woozy for 5 minutes, spew and back to pondering why i even drank in the first place.

Weed doesn't get me high, it just doesn't work even months later.

These escape tools don't help me.

Decided98

Decided98

“All life is a near death experience.”
Dec 27, 2022
N
Nahhh alcohol makes me feel even worse, use to drink heaps but the bad decisions, anxiety, depression, the shakes and the weight gain plus on top of that the hangover the next day nearly passing out at work. I drink a little bit but no where near as much.

marabellasol

marabellasol

💕
Nov 4, 2023
Being drunk sucks especially when it wears off, it's not worth it imo