Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
Because it brings me joy every time I see it. He looks so unabashedly happy. :heart:

Reactions: Crazy4u, Callie Arcale, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
Never had an avatar on a forum. Lazy or just don't want to personalize myself.

Reactions: Callie Arcale and Shadowplay
kiuya

kiuya

Tired
Nov 16, 2021
I wanted something fun and colorful and quite enjoy kpop so it seemed the perfect fit. Don't know which group she is from though, it would feel weird if I used a picture of my favorite idol to post on a suicide forum.
I also thought of using my husbando but then someone inevitably would recognize me and in worst case scenario I would be thrown into a psych ward without my consent.

Reactions: lofticries
ThirteenthStep

ThirteenthStep

We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion
Jul 30, 2021
Mine is the album cover for Thirteenth Step by A Perfect Circle, because it is my favorite album ♥

Reactions: lofticries
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
My avatar is present representation of Shinigami ( japan god of death) in popculture. I chose this motive because somehow my mind fully accepted death and I'm not afraid of it anymore. In one of japan animes Death Note Shinigamis sitting suspended between world of living and world of death in limbo and that is how I feel suspended between both stages death and life. I can't stay long in life state because I have regular CTB thoughts phases but I never have enough strenght to CTB so I mentally stay in limbo (nothingless).

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, ThirteenthStep and 1 other person
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
It looks kewl.

• Hugs
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and waterstrider
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
It looks kewl.
It's Zdzislaw Beksinski Polish artist painting from his fantasy phase. I love his paintings they are so touching, oniric and surrealistic. Story of his family is also fascinating and very dramatic his son Tomasz comitted suicide and Zdzisław was stabbed and die in agony. There is film about him and his familly called The last family from 2016 but son Tomas was portrait there in different way than he was in real life. He ( Thomas) had enourmous knowleadge about horrors and music. He also translated classic Bond movies and Python's comedies into polish. You should see the rest of paintings and a movie if you like this at your avatar. Higly recomended by me.

Last edited:
Reactions: deflationary
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
It's Zdzislaw Beksinski Polish artist painting from his fantasy phase. I love his paintings they are so touching, oniric and surrealistic. Story of his family is also fascinating and very dramatic his son Tomasz comitted suicide and Zdzisław was stabbed and die in agony. There is film about him and his familly called The last family from 2016 but son Tomas was portrait there in different way than he was in real life. He ( Thomas) had enourmous knowleadge about horrors and music. He also translated classic Bond movies and Python's comedies into polish. You should see the rest of paintings and a movie if you like this at your avatar. Higly recomended by me.
Yeah, I know the rest of his work as well. He's easily my favorite painter. It has such a cool nightmarish quality, which I love and look for in every form of art. I also more or less knew his biographical story, but I might check that film out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: Hans Voralberg
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Because it brings me joy every time I see it. He looks so unabashedly happy. :heart:
Your avatar reminds me of William Afton (a.k.a. the Purple Guy) from Five Nights At Freddy's.

Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
Yeah, I know the rest of his work as well. He's easily my favorite painter. It has such a cool nightmarish quality, which I love and look for in every form of art. I also more or less knew his biographical story, but I might check that film out. Thanks for the recommendation!
There is also a book Beksińscy double portrait ( Beksińscy Portret podwójny)by Magdalena Grzebałkowska from 2014but it can be hardly to find it in English. During reading this book you literally see their daily life, struggle and Zdzisław work it is fabulous piece of literature . Zdzisław himself wrote a diarys their fragments from 1993-2005 was later published in book called Beksinski Day after day of ending life (Beksiński dzień po dniu kończącego się życia)from 2016. They may be hardly availabe for you because they are in Polish. I don't know if there is any English translation but I see you are a fan just as me so you might be intersted in it.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and deflationary
Ankou

Ankou

Sep 26, 2021
I guess to honour my Grandad. He was a Breton patriot and in Breton culture there's this grim reaper like personification of death called "Ankou". It kinda fits because my Grandad killed himself and he was the first thing that came to mind when I was tryna figure out a username.

Bretons are celtic people who are from Brittany, a region in France

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Hans Voralberg
kurisutinabestgirl

kurisutinabestgirl

Kurisu is best girl
Oct 14, 2021
Because Kurisu is best girl.

Reactions: OrcWitch
ghost_

ghost_

Boo!
Nov 10, 2021
mine is a picrew of myself :)

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
It is from my favorite game xenogears. The android Weltal

mlha

mlha

Ex falso quodlibet
Nov 7, 2021
It's the cover of the album Groza which means horror/terror/dread in Polish.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Rogue Proxy
ketchup sandwich

ketchup sandwich

Lost
Sep 15, 2020
A detail from my favorite painting, "Saint Michael Triumphs Over the Devil" by Bartolomé Bermejo
St michael triumphs over the devil

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lofticries, Callie Arcale, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Already said my reason in my latest post on my profile lol.

Maybe with this one I'll change it instead of waiting around a whole year like I did with my previous one. We shall see.

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I guess I was partially influenced by Stone Ocean being finally animated. Plus, Jolyne is one of my favorite JoJos and brings me at least a bit of joy when I look at her.

Reactions: OrcWitch
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Mod edit: author requested removal

you told me that you teach science to little kids. If I were you, I'd be paranoïd about putting a pic of myself on this site. this is enough to recodnize you on the street.. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
A child that eventually resorted to abusing, and killing her pet cat, and afterwards, herself, with rat poison. She was nothing, until she took her life.

Caramelized

Caramelized

✿ˊ˗
Sep 25, 2021
...Makima is hot. ( ֊ ̫ ֊ )

Reactions: OrcWitch and lofticries
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It's my cat

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NasiGoreng, Crazy4u, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I believe her concern might had been that it means more people are familiar with your lovely face and the age group on this site is probably more predominantly that of the youth. Then you add in that those who oppose this site would be more inspired to track down and harass someone who is teaching kids. Their warped mindset and assumptions could be that you are potentially influencing the kids or somehow spreading suicidal messages to the youth.

Reactions: Callie Arcale and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
SanguineHare

SanguineHare

Demon Bunny Queen
Dec 16, 2021
Mine is one I made myself. She looks like me. Plus I tend to feel pretty distorted.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Rogue Proxy
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
You didn't think about it because you might actually use a little logic and reason. You also might had forgotten your pitchfork, torch and witch hunting garbs. My pitchfork is currently at the blacksmith for yearly maintenance. I will collect kindling while I wait.

Most only fight for and go after whatever the popular and hot topic of the day is, or the flavor of the month. It isn't fun being righteous if it isn't considered cool and popular at the moment. You have to ensure the max number of likes you can get when determining your righteous goals.

Long as you are aware of the possible outcomes of sharing a picture, you are free to use whatever avatar you wish. I personally enjoy the current one you have chosen. I had considered using a picture of myself as well, I did long ago actually, but decided against it. I didn't due to concerns of the outside world harassing me but did so to ensure I didn't turn half the forum blind adding further to their daily misery.

Reactions: D&D
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
The woman in my avatar is Berthe Jacques, the wife of Swiss painter Ferdinand Hodler.

I love the way she looks back over her shoulder, as if she's just heard something.
I look back every day on my old life and all the things I was able to do before chronic illness took everything away and left me an invalid.

I also love that her name is Berthe. I guess most people are familiar with Jane Eyre and they probably recognize the name Rochester as well. The thing is that the one person who moved me the most in Jane Eyre was neither the protagonist, nor the mysterious Rochester, but Bertha, the mad woman in the attic. Bertha - the woman who embodies my greatest fear.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, D&D, Shadowplay and 2 others
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
you're right it's unrelated, unfortunately pro lifers have a tendency to distort things

high school kids? ohh wow, I wonder what it is like to teach high-schoolers. sounds like hell on earth, you must be very brave haha

Reactions: Crazy4u, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Callie Arcale
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Yeah, they have no understanding of anyone who's not delusionally positive or optimistic about their life

teens are so unbelievably single minded. the funny thing is they are convinced they're the most open minded age group