N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I mean statistically there are many Asians on this planet. But there are so few in this forum. I can remember a member from South Korea. He told us the punishment for visiting such forums in his country is insane. Moreover suicide is extremely stigmatized in these countries. I think there not many Asian countries with liberal assisted suicide laws. I think in Australia it is legal. South Korea has very strict anti-suicide laws. Maybe the price they pay for it are the high suicide numbers in their country. But probably the performance pressure in these country also influences these numbers heavily.

I mostly think about countries like Japan or China. When I was younger I wanted to live in Japan. Now I know how horrible mentally ill people and suicide are stigmatized. I am very glad I don't live there. Bullying is even a bigger problem than in my country. And yeah my bullies broke me.

It would be interesting for me to talk with Japanese citizens. I really like the culture. Though it has many dark sides. I ask myself whether there are many Japanese or chinese suicide forums. Maybe anyone of you has information on that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun_
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
Language barrier.

Reactions: bubo and artificial_ineptness
J

Jay Kay

May 7, 2019
From a south asian country here. Suicide in my religions guarantees eternal damnation in the fiery pits of hell, so they say. The method of suicide is visited again and again on the victim for all eternity. If there is a god or a hell, SN poisoning might be the best way out. Constantly drinking salty water for all eternity doesn't sound too bad tho.

• Aww..
Reactions: lofticries and houseofleaves
mediocre.marsupial

mediocre.marsupial

Jul 15, 2022
Aus here, not legal in Australia anymore. It was legal in the Northern Territory fora bit which is how Exit got started performing euthanasia but the federal government overturned it. It's a highly regulated country though and last year they stopped sale of SN without a business permit which fucks me over.

Reactions: GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Amm Australia is not in asia
He knows that, he was referring to OP saying he thinks suicide is legal in Aus. Quite the opposite, even this website is banned here in Aus with our strict internet censorship laws.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It is also interesting that we see very few visitors from Antarctica.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Idk we've had plenty of users from Korea, India, and even China as well as lots of users from western countries but with eastern DNA. Japanese users are probably less common here though because for all we know there could be forums just like this that are purely in Japanese and we'd never know about them for that very reason.

Reactions: VirtualSnow
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
Idk we've had plenty of users from Korea, India, and even China as well as lots of users from western countries but with eastern DNA. Japanese users are probably less common here though because for all we know there could be forums just like this that are purely in Japanese and we'd never know about them for that very reason.
"from western countries but with eastern DNA"
I like that!

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There's hardly anyone here from Luxembourg either.