• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
"suffering builds character"
Some people can get motivation from suffering and build character. For many people, suffering tears them down. Actually, I think that's most people, it's just that the ones with survivorship bias have the loudest voice. If suffering was good and built character then we'd be the greatest people in the world. Real life isn't like a movie where we always overpower the struggles and become an awesome person. That happens some of the time, for some people.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Definitely- I agree. Either gradual increments in difficulty or at least being in a supportive environment. Sadly, life doesn't usually pan out like that. Quite often, all the overwhelming shit happens at once and you find yourself alone trying to cope with it.
That was exactly what happened to me, and I suspect to most people on here. Multiple suffering-inducing events happened all at once and I didn't have a social support network to lean on, so I just crumbled (hence "Already half-crushed to death" below my username).