porfin1234

porfin1234

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Not sure but you can't please everyone. There are others who are more understanding.

• Love
Reactions: V0latile, Brick In The Wall and OreoWellington
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Because its hard for people to understand things they've never experienced, especially things they can't see, feel, hear. Generally anything to do with suicide is automatically seen as taboo.

Reactions: Frt, Nemeshisu and V0latile
V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
They can judge me as harshly as they want, I win. Suicide is absolute power, you didn't play by the rules but still they won't be able to punish you, it scares them.
I love your perspective and I hope I can embrace that power in my final moments.
Everyone here is making such great points!
All I can tell you is it just seems to be assumed that you're going to continue living no matter what because living is supposedly better than being dead, no matter what the circumstance. Even if you have zero quality-of-life, it's still considered better to be alive than to be dead. This concept is completely foreign to me. I don't see how people can think it's better to be alive, but unable to function, or to be trapped in a situation that you can't get out of for whatever reason, or to be living in any other kind of nightmare scenario. Under those type of circumstances, I don't see how people can say it's still better to be alive than not.
To me the quality of my life has always been much more important to me than the quantity. I would much rather live for one year and have the most wonderful life possible than to live for 50 years of a crappy life where you're struggling and so forth.
Are people really that afraid of death that they would rather live some horrible life instead of dying? I don't understand this fear of death. Fear of dying, perhaps. But once the dying part is over, I don't think there's really much to be afraid of. And the upside has always far outweighed the downside to me.
Look at all the things you won't have to deal with anymore after you're dead: no more bills, no more money worries, no more paying taxes, no more political BS (no matter which affiliation you are), no more dealing with people who think they're helping you and claim they're helping you—but they aren't, no more family issues or relationship problems, and so much more. No more dealing with all the little mundane BS issues of life! You can solve all of these problems and more with one single act! Now that is power!

I agree that that's why they dislike it so much. In one single act, you're basically giving the finger to all of humanity and this entire BS existence we call life. . . and you're taking their power away to control you. They're still stuck in their little humdrum lives being forced to deal with all the BS, while you are now free! You are now completely out of their reach and that pisses them off to no end. :))

a_strange_day had it right. They're pissed off because you didn't play by their rules, and you got away with it! There's nothing they can do to stop you once the act is done, no way for them to punish you for breaking their rules.
The ultimate act of power!
Completely out of their reach is right! :devil:
Everyone here is making such great points!
All I can tell you is it just seems to be assumed that you're going to continue living no matter what because living is supposedly better than being dead, no matter what the circumstance. Even if you have zero quality-of-life, it's still considered better to be alive than to be dead. This concept is completely foreign to me. I don't see how people can think it's better to be alive, but unable to function, or to be trapped in a situation that you can't get out of for whatever reason, or to be living in any other kind of nightmare scenario. Under those type of circumstances, I don't see how people can say it's still better to be alive than not.
To me the quality of my life has always been much more important to me than the quantity. I would much rather live for one year and have the most wonderful life possible than to live for 50 years of a crappy life where you're struggling and so forth.
Are people really that afraid of death that they would rather live some horrible life instead of dying? I don't understand this fear of death. Fear of dying, perhaps. But once the dying part is over, I don't think there's really much to be afraid of. And the upside has always far outweighed the downside to me.
Look at all the things you won't have to deal with anymore after you're dead: no more bills, no more money worries, no more paying taxes, no more political BS (no matter which affiliation you are), no more dealing with people who think they're helping you and claim they're helping you—but they aren't, no more family issues or relationship problems, and so much more. No more dealing with all the little mundane BS issues of life! You can solve all of these problems and more with one single act! Now that is power!

I agree that that's why they dislike it so much. In one single act, you're basically giving the finger to all of humanity and this entire BS existence we call life. . . and you're taking their power away to control you. They're still stuck in their little humdrum lives being forced to deal with all the BS, while you are now free! You are now completely out of their reach and that pisses them off to no end. :))

a_strange_day had it right. They're pissed off because you didn't play by their rules, and you got away with it! There's nothing they can do to stop you once the act is done, no way for them to punish you for breaking their rules.
The ultimate act of power!
Best post!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemeshisu and pthnrdnojvsc
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
Most of the people who demean us will end up wishing they had our mindsets when they're rotting away in a pile of piss and shit neglected by care workers who stole all their last mementos and the only visit they get is off children they don't recognize who hate them and the siblings fighting over who can get a signature for power of attorney but they've long since lost the ability to write because their brains so muddled.
Yes I no longer care what those horrid people say about me.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I think you nailed it
Right she literally deserves an award and maybe a billion dollars for that comment that comment was so well said that i hope it will help start a movement to legalize euthanasia just like the me2 movement and others it all starts with a smart comment just like hers WOW! And i spoke way to fast before reading every one else comments you all deserve awards these comments can help to start a movement someday hopefully maybe then people would finally understand

Last edited:
H

Halnas

Apr 11, 2020
I see multiple reasons.
1. some of them see it as your duty to stay alive and live for others, even if its hard and you hate it, and by CTB you hurt others
2. some are scared and fear death. A person voluntarily choosing death, especially when doing that well thought through and prepared and not impulsive, contradicts that. It is cognitive dissonance.
3. some have some form of Münchhausen syndrom by proxy and they see it as their duty to "save" you, so that they can pet themselves at the back, claiming that they saved a life. Making it a social stigma is part of that.

Reactions: Élégie and Pupu
Pupu

Pupu

Jan 28, 2020
I like clear lists. I would add here things some other already mentioned:

4. If they would want to understand you it would force them to think a little more the reasons and that can threaten their wellbeing. I don't think they all avoid this purposely, it just comes naturally, default settings.To those who are not suicidal maybe their human mind setting just didn't fail that bad as some of us did, instead it is protecting them well.
5. More cruel thing is, that often people feel good because they take part in competition and are in the winning side. Some of people realises this, that they are happier when they can see what they have and how it would be different if they wouldn't have it, just an example would be the money, or the good look. Or to have someone good looking for example. Sure thing is they don't look it this straightforward, but if there wouldn't be any people with poor settings to compare with, they wouldn't that easily think how good their life is. They might focus on to those who have it even better. Because nothing seems to be enough. If they let people who feel bad (and usually they have reason for it) to ctb, then there will be less resource for comparing to make themselves happy. I might not be good at explaining this with lack of intelligence and poor English, but I'm not trying to say they are bad people it just feels like even the bests falls for this at some point.

Some were talking about religious side too. It just makes me wonder, if most religions teach us that life is suffering, isn't that pretty alarming? One reason would be that the big heads inside the religion can use that as an excuse to take advantage of those who want to be so good as possible. But first thing popping in my mind was that maybe humans are developed this way by evolution and it is really sad. Like a mental version of evolution of brachycephalic dogs.

H

hypnogen

Apr 13, 2020
Because they feel bad about themselves for not offering help. Calling suicide 'selfish' is way beyond me. It's the most personal thing one can do and is always followed by enormous pain, yet people lie to themselves telling that it is selfish to do so, cause those who were close to you will suffer.

Reactions: Frt
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
If they don't personally know you or have an ignorant attitude. I assume complete vapid personality.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I think the most likely scenario is there's been many times they could have done it themselves

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Most of the people who demean us will end up wishing they had our mindsets when they're rotting away in a pile of piss and shit neglected by care workers who stole all their last mementos and the only visit they get is off children they don't recognize who hate them and the siblings fighting over who can get a signature for power of attorney but they've long since lost the ability to write because their brains so muddled.
Yes I no longer care what those horrid people say about me.

That is how my husband will die because he killed me. Unless, of course, he finally finds the guts to hang himself like his daughter-raping grandpa.

Even now he is incapable of looking after himself. How pathetic.