• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
In Germany there was a high court ruling in favor of liberal assisted suicide laws. The elites in politics and media tried everything they could (successfully) to stop the implementation. There are grey areas though. Many people (especially elderly or severely disabled) sue regularly for their right to access N. Always getting rejected. There is even one semi celebrity with a very severe condition and I have seen him in so many shows getting interviewed about the topic. I think his engagement is important. He shows the world that the right to die should be a human right. However I am undecided about the motivation of these people. Do they all have the same motivation? Most of them are elderly but it should not be impossible to do some basic method research on the internet for them. Due to the media coverage it should also not be that difficult to find this forum.

Why are people going through so so much hard work? They appeal so many court decision to get to higher courts. These people could easily kill themselves with not even half amount of the same work. I have asked this for my personal life too. I considered to become a right-to-die activist. There are so many reasons not to do it. Outing yourself in public as suicidal and mentally ill when you are as young as me will sentence you to unemployment forever. I would ruin everything. It would cost so much resources and nerves. People would mock you on the internet. Anti-choice activists would threaten and harrass you. I have already way too many problems. I don't need that shit.

Honestly becoming a right-to-die activist could have given my life meaning. Instead this forum gave me some meaning. Looking back at my life I would have had some purpose. At the same time I would always be scared to hurt the movement. For example advocating my whole life getting access to N and then to back out of it. I would have felt pressure to act on it after putting up the act. I especially disliked the notion to become a public person I value my privacy and want to be forgotten.

I am not sure what the motivation is of these people who sue one appeal after another. Are they prinicpled? Just stubborn? Are they desperate? Do they really lack access to reliable methods? I am really not sure.

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Because killing yourself is risky and has a chance of failure and permanent damage. Assisted suicide is certain and guaranteed. If I had enough money, I would sue for my right to die too
To be honest I have the feeling the risk of permanent damage can be minimized with enough research. Especially if you have as many resources as these people who go through myriads of court trials. Some of them even die in severe pain while their case is debated without getting the results.

And even assisted suicide can involve low risks. There are people who reported pain when they died of N. Not sure how trustworthy they are though.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
To be honest I have the feeling the risk of permanet damage can be minimized with enough research. Especially if you have as many resources as these people who go through myriads of court trials. Some of them even die in severe pain while their case is debated without getting the results.
Yeah but there's still luck and fate involved in an attempt. You're leaving it up to chance and basically playing Russian Roulette with your own health and well-being. You don't know for certain whether you will succeed or not. Some people jump from heights that should ensure death but they end up surviving. Others survive methods that should be fatal, and are left disabled and/or disfigured for life. Ctb for me is too much of a risk. I would hate to be even worse off from a failed attempt. I'd rather do assisted suicide instead. It guarantees you certainty.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I would assume that "terminally ill in combination with old age" means that those people are almost dead already, maybe cannot use the internet properly anymore and cannot access methods. Aside from that they probably have a law protection insurance that pays for all the appeals. Without a law protection insurance you can shoot urself unless you're millionaire in such a case.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't get it either. I'd rather die at home in peace.

Governments can't even execute prisoners peacefully most the time, I wouldn't trust anyone to do it to me.

These clinics charging £10k for a drink of pentobarbital just feel like a total scam to me.

Each to their own I guess, if someone has the money fair play to them.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think it's because of how it still is extremely hard to die, even more so if you're within the old age range where the decay of your body makes things harder and more painful to do. Assisted suicide is a guaranteed, painless way for them to leave this earth. I don't really blame them for suing

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I really admire them for doing this. They are trailblazers. I agree though- if they are elderly, they may have less to lose if they don't need to work and don't need to maintain a 'normie' reputation.

I imagine though, part of it is the principle. Why should they risk being prosecuted trying to obtain N, when all they want is a dignified exit? Personally, I wouldn't want to break the law in order to exit this shit show. Why should I have to risk that? Suicide isn't illegal in most countries now. Neither I or anyone else should have to risk prosecution and a criminal record to obtain something that humanely ends our suffering. Plus, in legalising it, they would be able to regulate it.

We shouldn't have to put loved ones at risk either. If a chronically ill, elderly person can't obtain N through their doctor, one of their compassionate family members may risk trying to get it for them- landing them in a whole world of shit. Up to 14 years in prison in the UK. Can you see a 90 year old accessing the dark web?!! Likely not but their children or grandchildren may decide to try and help them if they can't bear to see them suffer. Why should any of us be expected to sit around and watch our loved ones die like that? That's f*cked up.

Put it this way- would I take SN myself? Quite possibly. Would I risk giving it to a loved one who was suffering and desperately wanted out? Probably not because it's winging it at the end of the day. I'd much rather they got a drug that was specifically used for that purpose. If they're that ill- they deserve it. I know they wouldn't give it to me till they've had their pound of flesh and my body is as destroyed as that relative but baby steps- at least give it to people who are too old to make money from now and who desperately want out because they're suffering.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Because they are the few in this world that care about peoples suffering and they want to make a difference and nobody else is willing to stand up . They aren't just doing it for themselves but for all who deserve the right to die with dignity

P

PromisedLand

Jan 27, 2024
The biggest risk is actually not that of suffering horrifically for an hour (or a few hours) before death. It is surviving the attempt, but with severe physical injuries and/or brain damage. In some cases, those injuries might make it impossible to "finish" the job, but while causing even more suffering.

4_science

4_science

Apr 12, 2024
In Germany there was a high court ruling in favor of liberal assisted suicide laws. The elites in politics and media tried everything they could (successfully) to stop the implementation. There are grey areas though. Many people (especially elderly or severely disabled) sue regularly for their right to access N. Always getting rejected. There is even one semi celebrity with a very severe condition and I have seen him in so many shows getting interviewed about the topic. I think his engagement is important. He shows the world that the right to die should be a human right. However I am undecided about the motivation of these people. Do they all have the same motivation? Most of them are elderly but it should not be impossible to do some basic method research on the internet for them. Due to the media coverage it should also not be that difficult to find this forum.

Why are people going through so so much hard work? They appeal so many court decision to get to higher courts. These people could easily kill themselves with not even half amount of the same work. I have asked this for my personal life too. I considered to become a right-to-die activist. There are so many reasons not to do it. Outing yourself in public as suicidal and mentally ill when you are as young as me will sentence you to unemployment forever. I would ruin everything. It would cost so much resources and nerves. People would mock you on the internet. Anti-choice activists would threaten and harrass you. I have already way too many problems. I don't need that shit.

Honestly becoming a right-to-die activist could have given my life meaning. Instead this forum gave me some meaning. Looking back at my life I would have had some purpose. At the same time I would always be scared to hurt the movement. For example advocating my whole life getting access to N and then to back out of it. I would have felt pressure to act on it after putting up the act. I especially disliked the notion to become a public person I value my privacy and want to be forgotten.

I am not sure what the motivation is of these people who sue one appeal after another. Are they prinicpled? Just stubborn? Are they desperate? Do they really lack access to reliable methods? I am really not sure.
It should be their right and they sue for it, which is good. The more, the better. Just to make a point and put pressure on the government. Who are you to question that? Or why wouldd you question that? The response is in the question. Their right.

Fun fact: the ruling goes against the the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany (Grundgesetz). The paragraph of personal/ individual rights. It states a person has the right to live annd die self-determined.

But whor cares, right? Can´t lose them tax payers and possible work force. Peope who are severely ill have no lobby.

Reactions: Euthanza
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It should be their right and they sue for it, which is good. The more, the better. Just to make a point and put pressure on the government. Who are you to question that? Or why wouldd you question that? The response is in the question. Their right.

Fun fact: the ruling goes against the the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany (Grundgesetz). The paragraph of personal/ individual rights. It states a person has the right to live annd die self-determined.

But whor cares, right? Can´t lose them tax payers and possible work force. Peope who are severely ill have no lobby.
Are you also from Germany? I try to connect more with the German community.

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Most people failed at suicide, probably at rate attempted 80% or higher.

Euthanasia or Assisted Suicide eliminate those risks to almost 0%; Replace the fear and anxiety from unreliable or gore methods with comfort, peace and dignity among your loved ones, you even have a chance for memorable living funeral. I believe this is the best way to exit everknown to human history.

I'm not an activist either, but I'm enthusiastic about it. I have SN, still to me there's no issue in the world worth fighting for as important as end of life choices, it's a fundamental social reform.

• Love
Reactions: Monique696
D

deadinsidex2

Getting the hell out of here
Jan 30, 2024
I don't get it either. I'd rather die at home in peace.

Governments can't even execute prisoners peacefully most the time, I wouldn't trust anyone to do it to me.

These clinics charging £10k for a drink of pentobarbital just feel like a total scam to me.

Each to their own I guess, if someone has the money fair play to them.
Heey what about those cases of inmates who are injected with pentobarbital but somehow die painfully?! (reportedly because of lung fluid buildup from pulmonary oedema) i mean what's going on there how does it go wrong

J

Jorms_McGander

Experienced
Oct 17, 2023
Because "these people could easily kill themselves" is highly ignorant of the practical realities involved in self-euthanasia. We need activists to keep promoting legal access to medical euthanasia because people are suffering and it's unfair to expect them to die in distress be that physical or emotional. These people and many more deserve access to humane medical care that reflects their wishes for their own care. It wasn't long ago in my country that medical science was legally restricted from doing very much that wasn't to prolong life with no consideration for the quality of that life.

sometimes the quality of life possible is not sufficient to justify the expenditure of a person's time and energy, and furthermore the expenditure of medical supplies and time, you know. There's many reasons we need people to continue to promote access to euthanasia but I'll end with this one:

you said you could see how the right to die is a human right. So if it is, then we are being denied our human rights and that should be enough reason to at least allow others the grace to fight a fight for us.

B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
Because suicide is usually a brutal and traumatic act, and people shouldn't have to resort to such acts when we have the medical technology to peacefully euthanize.

Reactions: Yavannah