Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I've been playing smash ultimate competitively for a bit over a year now

I've only won 1 game. I have a 1% win rate and over 90% losing rate

I'm shit at the game. It is what it is

Tho despite this, people actively go out of their way to talk to me, seek me out to play with me, compliment my game style, and go as far as to give me coaching because they "want" to see me improve

It's so weird

Why spend time trying to be with a loser? When they can surround themselves with people on their level/already good at the game

I don't deserve to be acknowledged on account of how I bad I play. It's the truth

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
migimortis

migimortis

Love It Or Waste It.
Jan 15, 2024
Are you a female? If so, ask yourself how many of these compliments were from guys. Simps have no standards. Now if your a guy.... shiieeeet I ain't got the answers.

Reactions: sammiechzxv and Rocinante
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Are you a female? If so, ask yourself how many of these compliments were from guys. Simps have no standards. Now if your a guy.... shiieeeet I ain't got the answers.
by compliments I mean compliments in how I play lol. And I am a girl, tho I get compliments from both genders

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Water-Lily, this is the second chat that I am responding that you have put out. And I think I know the answer to your question - you genuinely sound like a nice person and hence people are being nice to you? I don't know you, never heard about you or read any of your posts in the past (none that I remember anyway) - but there is something likeable, a sense of innocence and vulnerability that have come across with both your posts that I read today. And perhaps others might feel the same way..., Please take this as a complement. FYI - I am a female and straight..,

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, sammiechzxv, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
play league or dota lol

Seriously though a lot gamers are cool people who want to look out for each other, or as we mentioned before, guys like to be nice to girls.
I'd much rather play with friendly people who just want to have fun even if we lose all the time than serious gamers that rage at each other and win

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I expect just that you have enthusiasm for the game is enough for people to feel like they can relate to you. Plus, we all start out somewhere. You don't know how many hours they sank in to playing it to get as good as they did. But yeah, a shared interest goes a long way in forming friendships/ conversation I think.

Reactions: Kit1
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
They're probably assuming you're a beginner & want to help. That's my only guess, at least.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Kit1