D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
It actually could be your expression if you have a resting bitch face like I do.😔
Same and the irony is that I get socially anxious by someone else's RBF.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weebster and lofticries
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I feel too different from most people to really connect with them. Childhood abuse really does ruin everything.
It can be done, yu have made progress. There are more people around you struggling with the effects of child abuse than you think. Sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back. But you have shown signs of progress and an inquisitive mind about human behavior. I do think you could connect better in time if you keep trying.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
It can be done, yu have made progress. There are more people around you struggling with the effects of child abuse than you think. Sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back. But you have shown signs of progress and an inquisitive mind about human behavior. I do think you could connect better in time if you keep trying.
What progress have I shown?
I'm going to read "The Laws of Human Nature" by Robert Greene. Maybe it will help.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Youtube has a lot of videos for how to meet people, and you can also search on google for how to meet people - these things may help more in modern society.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
What progress have I shown?
You talked about certain conversations that went well for a while until they became tiring and building on this could help, plus you have asked a lt of questions and gotten feedback from a variety of people, some of which seems like it must have helped some.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I worked in retail for awhile. It has nothing to do with you. Retail is hell and an us vs them mentality builds quickly between customers and employees. Women typically feign politeness and a lot of men don't bother.

You're a task to be completed. If it's a busy place they see hundreds and you're a face in the crowd. I would stop analyzing these interactions and let them complete their job and you get your items and be on with your business.

Reactions: QuietLake and Sprite_Geist
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Because they are idiots who put too much importance on a facial expression which should not matter.

CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
Depends. I have the opposite, men are always nice to me and women/gays and closet straight men hate me 😂😂🤣. You're either giving off attitude to them, you're beta or gay. Men will always try to overpower a weaker man, it's their nature.
Maybe you're just a woman's kinda man. I'm a man's kinda woman. We don't always have to have great relationships with the same sex!

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Depends. I have the opposite, men are always nice to me and women/gays and closet straight men hate me 😂😂🤣. You're either giving off attitude to them, you're beta or gay. Men will always try to overpower a weaker man, it's their nature.
Maybe you're just a woman's kinda man. I'm a man's kinda woman. We don't always have to have great relationships with the same sex!
How can I be a woman's kinda man if I'm beta or gay?

• Yay!
Reactions: CTBgenuine
CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
How can I be a woman's kinda man if I'm beta or gay?
LOL! You don't need to be sexually attracted to a woman to be a woman's kinda man. It means you get along better with women then men

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
LOL! You don't need to be sexually attracted to a woman to be a woman's kinda man. It means you get along better with women then men
Men are typically boring, often caveman-like with their stupid "bro" shit, competitive over things that don't matter, etc. I don't understand what women see in men. Women aren't perfect either, but I'm probably not allowed to criticize them.

Reactions: WorthlessTrash
CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
Yo
Men are typically boring, often caveman-like with their stupid "bro" shit, competitive over things that don't matter, etc. I don't understand what women see in men. Women aren't perfect either, but I'm probably not allowed to criticize them.
You're probably a beta and that's fine!

SantaTeresa

SantaTeresa

May 10, 2022
I see 3 possibilities:

Either you look gay.

Male employees are bad at understanding non verbal communication (or too good)

The work conditions in those stores are emasculating (from their perspective) and force male employees to unleash a bit of hostility to stay sane.

Or just bad recruitment/training policy by store managers, women are more natural for unproductive jobs.

Reactions: Weebster