Who do you think will win the US presidential election?

• Trump

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • Biden

Votes: 46 54.1%

• Total voters
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think there's a lot of hidden support for Trump out there and people who doubt his influence are making the same mistake as before in 2016 by locking themselves in their echo chambers where everyone agrees that he's somehow the most incompetent human being ever to live and the most cunning master of manipulation all at the same time. So much of the rhetoric against him, whether it's true or not, seems so overplayed and insincere to some people that they might feel more sympathetic towards him as a result.

Then again, Biden was literally picked as the candidate specifically because his lack of any real position on most things made him seem like the most centrist candidate so who knows. I was wrong about the last election too.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, waived, Fragile and 2 others
Viceroy

Viceroy

Student
Oct 20, 2020
Trump will win hands down cause Biden is clearly troubled with health problems and he's not new and different like Trump is. Most Americans dont want the same old establishment image they've had for decades, which is why Trump won last time.

Reactions: not4us and Sherri
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Call me naive, but as bad as some people think Trump is, I don't want the most powerful person on Earth to be someone who can't even string a sentence together, or remember the name of his opponent, or know where he is.

"even poor people can be as good as white people" - says what he's really all about and what's really going on inside his head.

Reactions: Disappointered, Fragile and mediocre
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Trump but by a very very small margin.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I really wanted Bernie to win :aw:

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, SmellyRat, everydayiloveyou and 4 others
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
You're joking? The guy is a proven habitual liar, a bully, and doesn't have a full deck any more, even if he did in the first place.

Trump might be less than perfect, but Biden would be a total disaster.
hang on - who is bernie?

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
You're joking? The guy is a proven habitual liar, a bully, and doesn't have a full deck any more, even if he did in the first place.

hang on - who is bernie?
How do you not know who Bernie is, but call him a liar? And the reason I wanted him was because he was going to do Medicare for all, help with college, legalize weed etc. My next choice was going to be Elizabeth Warren, but they all dropped out

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9 and Good4Nothing
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Eh, he lost my support when he suggested we should be running things like Cuba and Venezuela. My vote would have gone to Andrew Yang but only because he's Asian. :tongue:

• Aww..
Reactions: Black Rose Bunny and Fragile
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Eh, he lost my support when he suggested we should be running things like Cuba and Venezuela. My vote would have gone to Andrew Yang but only because he's Asian. :tongue:
My next choice was going to be Elizabeth Warren

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My next choice was going to be Elizabeth Warren
Didn't she try to badmouth Bernie Sanders by saying he didn't believe a woman could ever be President? Was that ever proven true?

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
How do you not know who Bernie is, but call him a liar? And the reason I wanted him was because he was going to do Medicare for all, help with college, legalize weed etc. My next choice was going to be Elizabeth Warren, but they all dropped out
Since it's a choice between Biden and Trump, I assumed you meant Biden since Trump is called Donald.

Then it occured to me that Biden is called Joe.

I was refering to Biden being the proven liar - qualifications, etc.

Reactions: Disappointered
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Didn't she try to badmouth Bernie Sanders by saying he didn't believe a woman could ever be President? Was that ever proven true?

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't give a rat's ass about it to be honest, I didn't even know the election was upon us. That's how isolated I am, though I also make no effort to engage with most political matters.

Reactions: searchingfreedom, puppy9, Disappointered and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Since it's a choice between Biden and Trump, I assumed you meant Biden since Trump is called Donald.

Then it occured to me that Biden is called Joe.

I was refering to Biden being the proven liar - qualifications, etc.
Oh ok. I don't really care for Trump.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Wonder why she felt like she had to make that up then. It can't have helped in any way. :/

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Wonder why she felt like she had to make that up then. It can't have helped in any way. :/
Yeah. Though she was my 2nd choice because some of the things she believed in, Bernie did too like reduced college, Medicare for all, weed legalization etc.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I wouldn't have voted for Bernie but some ideas that came out of the primary I would like explored but since it's soundbite-USA nothing ever gets discussed like adults. Yang's UBI was interesting and I can see his point. The problem with all the democratic candidates is that they don't talk numbers. Most people will agree we need to start moving more green, figure out the crime/drug problems, taxation, etc but there has to be numbers behind it. Just saying "free college" sounds good but how do you do it? Then it becomes "no numbers pie in the sky" vs "not changing anything so stable'ish". A country that would start poking around the US at this point is like getting into the argument between a family members of your partner/spouse/*friend, they'll all turn on you.

Reactions: Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I think there's a lot of hidden support for Trump out there and people who doubt his influence are making the same mistake as before in 2016 by locking themselves in their echo chambers where everyone agrees that he's somehow the most incompetent human being ever to live and the most cunning master of manipulation all at the same time. So much of the rhetoric against him, whether it's true or not, seems so overplayed and insincere to some people that they might feel more sympathetic towards him as a result.

Then again, Biden was literally picked as the candidate specifically because his lack of any real position on most things made him seem like the most centrist candidate so who knows. I was wrong about the last election too.

I've been hearing a lot about the hidden Trump supporters, and it seems to definitely be the case. More and more people are talking about him in a positive, or at least neutral way instead of the usual Trump=Hitler way.

It feels a lot more 'balanced' this year.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Dr Iron Arc
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020

hang on - who is bernie?
Wait, how can you say Bernie is a bully but then support Trump? Trump isn't a sweetie pie, he's very mean, oftentimes mean without any reason. And he isn't honest either, especially not in his financial dealings. His cabinet have similarly distasteful personalities.

Trump bullies and insults the people he is supposed to be representing and advocating for, like the poor (which, when compared to him, is a group 99% of Americans belong to), Black people, Latin-Americans, etc... He's farrrr from a beacon of good character.

Reactions: puppy9
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
The popular support will go to whoever can provide or convince of such things. Nothing else matters.

Reactions: Fragile
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump managed to pull out another win, but putting that aside, I would say that anyone committed to antinatalism should critically support Biden. The only way that we can avoid Roe v Wade being overturned is of Biden wins big and is able to pack the courts.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think we got the shit end of the stick yet again. If my options are a giant douche and a turd sandwich I'd prefer not to vote at all.

They keep saying that our vote counts. But I beg to differ in more than one way. I think the only way our "vote" would effect change at this point is if we all refused to do so, that could potentially crash the system but I still have my doubts on even that.

Download 3

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Dr Iron Arc, puppy9 and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
It's interesting to see how stores in some big cities are boarding their windows and doors in case trump wins and riots start again, maybe even more people than I thought are expecting trump to win.

this year's political show has been very entertaining, for the wrong reasons, but still entertaining.

Reactions: Broken Chimera
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
I'm putting what pennies i have on Death for the win. Hoping to lose that bet.

D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
I'm going to put what i think i know to the test.
I'm calling the election for Trump.
The senate will remain in republican control.
Republican gains in the house will be negligable.
My spelling will improve dramatically. =P

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I bet Trump wins.... it's close so far and swing states aren't in. I've lost all faith in Americans. One would think we would have learned from the first term, but nope people are still voting for him.

• Wow
Reactions: everydayiloveyou, x~Sophia~x and puppy9
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
So far, Biden is winning

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I bet Trump wins.... it's close so far and swing states aren't in. I've lost all faith in Americans. One would think we would have learned from the first term, but nope people are still voting for him.
I got a strong feeling he's gonna win because, despite the deaths, scandal, and insanity; he still got the percentage albeit behind Biden. I hope me wrong. I'm on ABC now.

Divide and conquer, historically it's the most effective weapon. My country is in tatters because of it.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I got a strong feeling he's gonna win because, despite the deaths, scandal, and insanity; he still got the percentage albeit behind Biden. I hope me wrong. I'm on ABC now.

Divide and conquer, historically it's the most effective weapon. My country is in tatters because of it.

tenor.gif
Yeah it's all well and good Biden is ahead now, but just wait. The important states aren't in yet.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
The issue of faithless electors is still an issue right ?