• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think this a very controversial debate. Not sure whether such a thread already exists.

My preferences are: First console, second phone, third PC
Though I don't have that much experience with PC games. Only some simulators.

My main reasons are: Buying a gaming PC or notebook is really expensive. And one can get ripped off. I don't know much about PCs. When I buy a Playstation from a legit store I at least know what I am getting. I think a good gaming notebook can cost more than 1000 euro. And for me the money factor is very decisive. Though currently I have a Switch and a Playstation 4. I always postponed buying a Playstation 5. If this increase of price did not happen I would own one now. But it is fine. There are not that many games which I would play on a PS5 at least for now. This is at least what I am telling myself when I cry before falling into sleep. (I am only joking but there is a grain of truth in it)

Some people say the games on the PC were less expensive. Though this does not apply to my strategy. I wait for many playstation games a long time. Sometimes more than a year. Often they don't even cost half of the original price then. I love buying used games. Though the gaming industry wants exactly because of this strategy to eradicate the option of used games. Me and my friends ofthen say we will boycott digital only consoles not sure whether I am really strong enough for that.

I play some phone games. Some with gacha elements. But I am always free2play. I think these games are ethically prolematic because they exploit some gambling addicts. It is cool they don't cost me money. Though I boycott games where paying is a necessity to enjoy the game. I think this applies to Ultimate team in Fifa. But this is a console game as you probably know. I am very disciplined and I am resistent to most exploits which they use to urge people into spending insane amounts of money. I know it is ethically not allright. But for me phone games are useful because I can enjoy them without having to spend money. Furthermore concerning their content some gacha games go way beyond usual full-price video games. This is difficult for me. I don't like this trend but I am just a sheep who is contributing to the wrong-doing.

I am not sure what I could say about PC gaming. You can get the best graphic for sure. Though I don't care that much about graphic. My main concern are the exclusive games. This is why I currenttly like Nintendo the most. Moreover I am in love with handheld gaming.

What is your opinion on that?

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
PC is best but there's console games you can't get on it, like first party Nintendo games will always be exclusively sold on Nintendo consoles. Marketplaces for PC games like Steam have always been pretty good about sales. Modding is easier on PC. Overall I find PC best.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I think this a very controversial debate. Not sure whether such a thread already exists.

My preferences are: First console, second phone, third PC
Though I don't have that much experience with PC games. Only some simulators.

My main reasons are: Buying a gaming PC or notebook is really expensive. And one can get ripped off. I don't know much about PCs. When I buy a Playstation from a legit store I at least know what I am getting. I think a good gaming notebook can cost more than 1000 euro. And for me the money factor is very decisive. Though currently I have a Switch and a Playstation 4. I always postponed buying a Playstation 5. If this increase of price did not happen I would own one now. But it is fine. There are not that many games which I would play on a PS5 at least for now. This is at least what I am telling myself when I cry before falling into sleep. (I am only joking but there is a grain of truth in it)

Some people say the games on the PC were less expensive. Though this does not apply to my strategy. I wait for many playstation games a long time. Sometimes more than a year. Often they don't even cost half of the original price then. I love buying used games. Though the gaming industry wants exactly because of this strategy to eradicate the option of used games. Me and my friends ofthen say we will boycott digital only consoles not sure whether I am really strong enough for that.

I play some phone games. Some with gacha elements. But I am always free2play. I think these games are ethically prolematic because they exploit some gambling addicts. It is cool they don't cost me money. Though I boycott games where paying is a necessity to enjoy the game. I think this applies to Ultimate team in Fifa. But this is a console game as you probably know. I am very disciplined and I am resistent to most exploits which they use to urge people into spending insane amounts of money. I know it is ethically not allright. But for me phone games are useful because I can enjoy them without having to spend money. Furthermore concerning their content some gacha games go way beyond usual full-price video games. This is difficult for me. I don't like this trend but I am just a sheep who is contriuting to the wrong-doing.

I am not sure what I could say about PC gaming. You can get the best graphic for sure. Though I don't care that much about graphic. My main concern are the exclusive games. This is why I currenttly like Nintendo the most. Moreover I am in love with handheld gaming.

What is your opinion on that?

PC master race! :smiling:

On a serious note, though, I would say thay the choice of platform is up to which types of games you would like to play. For example, if you want cute child-friendly games, go for any Nintendo platform. For a bit older audience who likes to play games form the comfort of a couch, choose an Xbox or Playstation. For a bit more involved point-and-click games, choose a PC.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
About that megathread idea, given it any thought?

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Without a doubt, the best platform is the one you are most comfortable with.
//
Sens dubte la millor plataforma es aquella amb la que t'hi trobis mes a gust.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
FinalBossu

FinalBossu

Feb 24, 2021
For me, it's the Steam Deck. It functions as a home console, portable console, PC, and emulation machine. Plus Valve has been very pro consumer.