N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
A friend of mine believes somewhat in karma. And some people in this forum have similar beliefs. So I asked myself whether I got bad luck for insulting God. Though I have to say that the belief in karma is in my opinion kind of naive.

There are so many counterexamples that karma is only a myth. To demonstrate that this thread.

There are so many horrible and deeply evil monsters who have or had great lives.

Here are some examples.

1. Many nazis who fled to South America and never seriously got punished. Josef Mengele this disgusting piece of shit. One of the worst people who ever existed. I am not sure whether he had a horrible life in South America but he would have deserved a way worse fate.
I just realize people will respond that when people still have good lives in this world they will be punished in the afterlife. Though I think not all people who believe in karma also believe in reincarnation of similar phenomena. Adolf Eichmann also fled to South America by the way too.

2. Many priests who raped and abused children. In my country many of them already died and never got punished. I cannot take karma seriously. There is way too much injustice in this world. The victims are permanently damaged and suffer often a life long. And way too many criminals get away with it without any punishment. Instead these priests had status and could enjoy life. Disgusting people. They should have suffered instead.

3. Many dictators. For example Kim-Il Sung or Kim Jong-Il. Both from North Korea. The poor people are starving and these bastards live a luxury life. Kim Jong-Un grew about in Switzerland. They enjoy all the privilges there are. They know how the rest of the world looks like. Though they oppress their people and try to brainwash them.

Yeah thinking about this topic makes me sick. The world is so fucking unfair. For me karma is only a myth.

What do you think about it? Do you have more examples for people who had way too good lives?

Reactions: katagiri83 and ð–£´ nadia ð–£´
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I just realize people will respond that when people still have good lives in this world they will be punished in the afterlife.
The funny this is, this won't even be the case if they happen to repent and have a change of heart before they die.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
As a belief system and not just a loose word that people bandy about, karma ties in to reincarnation. You're not supposed to get karma all exchanged with everything squared up within this lifetime. For those that truly believe in karma, it's something that balances out over your various incarnations. So for instance if you murder someone in one lifetime, you might be murdered yourself in another.

It's not something I really go for, but it's an interesting idea I suppose.

Reactions: Pluto
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
I don't think you understand the concept of karma. It's not a mechanism that rewards and punishes people based on the morality of their actions. You generate karma when you let abstract intentions guide your actions, therefore increasing the attachment to your ego, instead of following your inner nature. Both good and bad karma are undesirable - a buddha is someone who has achieved completely neutral karma.

Reactions: Pluto
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
Jeffrey Epstein had it really good tbh.

Still, I think it's healthier to focus on helping people who live bad lives than hoping to worsen bad people's lives or enact karma. I consider it a moralistic way of thinking that's detached from concern for less fortunate people. I only really care about people like Mengele escaping consequences because of the example it sets (do bad things -> few repercussions). I couldn't care less whether he lived the rest of his life happy since it won't un-kill all those people.

Also I think it's a matter of luck whether you're born as a disgusting person or not, so it seems ironic that I'd wish misfortune on someone when I may as well have been born as them.