N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Today I have read about a severe case of ME/CFS. The woman who has it is a very severe case. Practically 95% of all behaviors are impossbile for her. It sounded like a scary hell. She barely can communicate with anyone because she has no energy. She is 19 years old I am very sorry for her. I can't really imagine why people don't get suicidal in such situations. At least the article did not mention suicidality. She really hopes that the situation improves for her. I think this is what keeps her going. There are cases of ME/CFS recoveries. I really hope for her that it works out.

When I read it I was scared to get the condition which would make my life even more hellish. You can get it through virus infections. But (way) more women are affected.

This article gave me the idea for this thread. I think I have a special fear about not being able to communicate my hell to other people. Writing or talking about it gives me a little bit of a relief.

Other conditions which I fear: Dementia. Sounds really scary and I think my medication increases the risk for it.
Getting a stroke or in general the fear of being paralyzed.
Being in a vegetative state forever. I am really scared about that in case a suicide attempt of mine fails

What do you fear? And I mean illnesses you don't already have.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
J

just_random

May 19, 2022
Today I have read about a severe case of ME/CFS. The woman who has it is a very severe case. Practically 95% of all behaviors are impossbile for her. It sounded like a scary hell. She barely can communicate with anyone because she has no energy. She is 19 years old I am very sorry for her. I can't really imagine why people don't get suicidal in such situations. At least the article did not mention suicidality. She really hopes that the situation improves for her. I think this is what keeps her going. There are cases of ME/CFS recoveries. I really hope for her that it works out.

When I read it I was scared to get the condition which would make my life even more hellish. You can get it through virus infections. But (way) more women are affected.

This article gave me the idea for this thread. I think I have a special fear about not being able to communicate my hell to other people. Writing or talking about it gives me a little bit of a relief.

Other conditions which I fear: Dementia. Sounds really scary and I think my medication increases the risk for it.
Getting a stroke or in general the fear of being paralyzed.
Being in a vegetative state forever. I am really scared about that in case a suicide attempt of mine fails

What do you fear? And I mean illnesses you don't already have.
for me personally, getting brain damage and turning into a vegetable... that's the only reason I am still alive + im a pussy and can't do it violently xD
but I've found the way and I'll be out soon
so yeah I'd imagine getting brain damaged is the worst thing ever because you cant even commit suicide at that point! you just are there to suffer and suffer other people around you!

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I agree. I think the worst possible condition is becoming a vegetable.

Reactions: Élégie
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also fear severe ME, it sounds horrific. Getting damage from a ctb attempt is the worst one for me, that and becoming blind. The fear of failure is what holds me back from attempting. It is so awful how so many health conditions exist and that our bodies are capable of torturing us so much. Life really is so awful and unfair. It is so cruel how people are denied a peaceful exit from this life. I also fear old age a lot. I really need to be gone before then. In my opinion, it is better to never exist at all.

O

OctoberDusk

Apr 26, 2022
I had a nasty accident, botched surgery, and spent a few months in a long term care facility, where most patients were elderly. It was tough. Since then my biggest fear is to become incapacitated in some way, mentally or physically, where I can't check myself out, so to speak, and not fully understand why.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Locked in syndrome. It's where you're completely paralyzed except for your eyes and being able to move them vertically. One article says that most people who have it are happy, but that'd be a nightmare for me and I'd want someone to kill me at that point.

I'm also afraid of dementia, that one deadly insomnia condition, blindness and going deaf. I'd probably ctb at that point

Reactions: CuriousAboutThis and Fragile
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Dementia 100%. With dementia you've lost all previous identity and you're just a hollow shell of what you were once were. You've lost your mind and can't control all the bizarre actions you do. The brain turns to mush and you won't even have memories to keep you company.

Reactions: akana
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Anything that prevents me from freely consuming the media I'm addicted to.

Reactions: CuriousAboutThis
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Any condition that keeps me from being able to manage my hygiene or feed myself.

Reactions: CuriousAboutThis
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Letting people control me edit any condition where I am not in control of myself rationally.

Last edited:
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Impotence. Old age.

empty sighs

empty sighs

deserves to die “しがみつくな”
Feb 14, 2022
The human condition

• Hugs