where you working before the COVID thing?

• Total voters
PureMetanoia

PureMetanoia

May 28, 2020
I was working on my graduation - psychology. I know this might not be what you meant with the poll, but the COVID completely wrecked my already tentative grasp on any daily structure and motivation - without in-person lectures I have slipped into total avoidance (at least before I could drag myself to uni, on a good day at least, and sit through the lectures, even if I was scribbling the molecules of N or SN) and forfeited any work/exams this semester.
Having extended my studies for over 3 years now due to depression, anxiety and my BPD mother's interference in my life, this was quite literally my last chance to push up this cornerstone of my self-image.
In a span of a year I've lost all my family, my fiance of 5 years and now my degree.

In a way: Thank you for the final push, COVID! You took the last piece of "me" away from me. I am finally free and ready to go now, there are at last no strings to bind me to this world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust, FireFox and lululoo
krsu

krsu

Jun 10, 2020
I was fired from my job a bit before all the covid stuff happened, pretty funny story actually.

My manager was sexually harassing me daily as well as attempting to blackmail me saying if I told anyone he would get me fired because of the self harm marks all over my arm. (which i normally hide under my sleeves, but he must have got a glimpse of them)

I ended up finally having enough of it and reported him to HR, obviously since I'm not a CIS Female they didn't take it seriously and the case eventually got closed. I magically got fired from the job a few weeks later pretty much making me homeless :) I've been struggling to afford food and pay rent ever since... Life's great haha

• Aww..
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust, FireFox, Élégie and 2 others
undersea_water

undersea_water

Apr 27, 2020
I had 2 jobs (working 7 days )
I am teacher, i got fired of one of them.

The reason why i got 2 jobs it because i was really sad cus months before for the firts time i attempted to kill myself and fail, so i got 2 jobs and went to the gym trying to full my mind w activities and forgot my problems,
but at the end i got fired.

and in my second job i am about to get fired too, so i am trying my best but i can't. Since i have to work w a lot of kids and people, its really dificult.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WinterFaust, Élégie and lovehate22
L

lovehate22

Jun 10, 2020
yes I was working , but my boss had to lay a bunch of people off , and I guess I was one of them who didn't make the cut , I don't even miss the job itself necessarily, I miss the whole idea of being a normal functioning human being , I miss waking up in the morning taking a shower , combing my hair, and going to a place I needed to be , also the bus I would catch would have the same 4-5 cute girls headed into their place of employment at the same time as me everyday, even though I had no interaction with them ever, just being in their presence was a moral boost at 730 am lol also it sounds weird but sometimes I would fantasize about creating these fake relationships in my head with these people, it gets me through the lonely days

• Hugs
Reactions: WinterFaust, Élégie and raindrops
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
It's even more embarrassing in my case... I just turned 28 last month. :notsure:
@Laura123 sorry
My birthday was last month too. I turned 23. My birthday was 13th
i hope things work out for the both us.
I live in the UK what country do you live in.
When is your birthday
I was fired from my job a bit before all the covid stuff happened, pretty funny story actually.

My manager was sexually harassing me daily as well as attempting to blackmail me saying if I told anyone he would get me fired because of the self harm marks all over my arm. (which i normally hide under my sleeves, but he must have got a glimpse of them)

I ended up finally having enough of it and reported him to HR, obviously since I'm not a CIS Female they didn't take it seriously and the case eventually got closed. I magically got fired from the job a few weeks later pretty much making me homeless :) I've been struggling to afford food and pay rent ever since... Life's great haha
@krsu
I am so sorry to hear that. I would love to give you a hug if i could.
What was your job? If dont mind me asking.
I am so sorry if my words are unhelpful. I mean everything i say
there is a speical place in hell for men who abuse women and assholes in gernal. That arsehole manger his time is coming. The world works in a werid way

A least you stood for yourself and had the courage to report it.

A lot of people dont report sexual harassment.

The company have failed you and should be ashamed
You should be proud of yourself you know your worth and value as human being and you were prepared not take abuse.

You are a brave person.reporting is not easy so many sufering in silence.

Are you on any welfare? I live in uk where do you live?

Please keep safe
- Never stop fighting cos you are worth it
-Never stop being you
-Fuck the patriarchy
- i hope you achieve your wildest dreams
Firefox wants everyone to have a happy ending on this forum.
You deserve so much better
Love FireFox from the UK
I was working on my graduation - psychology. I know this might not be what you meant with the poll, but the COVID completely wrecked my already tentative grasp on any daily structure and motivation - without in-person lectures I have slipped into total avoidance (at least before I could drag myself to uni, on a good day at least, and sit through the lectures, even if I was scribbling the molecules of N or SN) and forfeited any work/exams this semester.
Having extended my studies for over 3 years now due to depression, anxiety and my BPD mother's interference in my life, this was quite literally my last chance to push up this cornerstone of my self-image.
In a span of a year I've lost all my family, my fiance of 5 years and now my degree.

In a way: Thank you for the final push, COVID! You took the last piece of "me" away from me. I am finally free and ready to go now, there are at last no strings to bind me to this world.
Psychology that is really cool what did you hope do ?
Learning at home is difficult dont be hard on yourself ok.

Sorry to hear about your family

Last edited:
krsu

krsu

Jun 10, 2020
@krsu
I am so sorry to hear that. I would love to give you a hug if i could.
What was your job? If dont mind me asking.
I am so sorry if my words are unhelpful. I mean everything i say
there is a speical place in hell for men who abuse women and assholes in gernal. That arsehole manger his time is coming. The world works in a werid way

A least you stood for yourself and had the courage to report it.

A lot of people dont report sexual harassment.

The company have failed you and should be ashamed
You should be proud of yourself you know your worth and value as human being and you were prepared not take abuse.

You are a brave person.reporting is not easy so many sufering in silence.

Are you on any welfare? I live in uk where do you live?

Please keep safe
- Never stop fighting cos you are worth it
-Never stop being you
-Fuck the patriarchy

I applied for welfare and they declined me for some reason ;(

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I applied for welfare and they declined me for some reason ;(
That is so not fair . Welfare meant for people who are struggling. What country is that

• Aww..
Reactions: krsu and lovehate22