If you were overdosing and needed hours to not be found, which would you rather?

• In car somewhere hidden

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • In hotel room

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I personally want to be somewhere relatively comfortable so I can do it and not have second thoughts.

Reactions: Meditation guide, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
For me, a hotel room is more comfortable than a car. It's a bit shitty on hotel staff but someone has to find your body anyway, wherever you do it.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†

๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
For some reason being somewhere where I wouldn't be found that fast sounds more comforting to me. I know it wouldn't matter as I would be dead already but idk, the thought of it makes me feel better about it? No clue if that makes any sense

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
For some reason being somewhere where I wouldn't be found that fast sounds more comforting to me. I know it wouldn't matter as I would be dead already but idk, the thought of it makes me feel better about it? No clue if that makes any sense
No that definitely makes sense. It's just that the last time I was going to try to ctb I checked into a hotel room and the vibes were awfulโ€ฆ I mean, as expected I guess. I just would rather be out in nature but don't want anyone to find me for a while.
For me, a hotel room is more comfortable than a car. It's a bit shitty on hotel staff but someone has to find your body anyway, wherever you do it.
I booked a hotel room last time before I bailed and it was just so creepy and felt so wrong. My car is comfy to me, but runs the risk of being found too early.

Reactions: ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
I'd rather the car, but I guess the hotel is safer.

Honestly, I'd drive somewhere and then walk somewhere secluded. There are a lot of places that no one's going to be for several hours in the middle of the night. But I guess that'd be a lousy lottery to win if that was the exact place someone happened to be out looking for bats that night.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I'd rather the car, but I guess the hotel is safer.

Honestly, I'd drive somewhere and then walk somewhere secluded. There are a lot of places that no one's going to be for several hours in the middle of the night. But I guess that'd be a lousy lottery to win if that was the exact place someone happened to be out looking for bats that night.
Or if someone went hiking early in the morning and I wasn't dead yet. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Division Day

Division Day

Oct 28, 2023
It's a big deal, so I guess don't take the risk.

It's your last hour on earth so I'm sure you can find a hotel that would feel okay to you.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
It's a big deal, so I guess don't take the risk.

It's your last hour on earth so I'm sure you can find a hotel that would feel okay to you.
True. I guess I could do that. My conscience felt better at a slightly dingy hotel though lol

Division Day

Division Day

Oct 28, 2023
The cleaners at a dive aren't any more deserving of finding a dead person :/

It's a crying shame that someone has to.

ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
I think I'd use a car to get as far away from any people as possible, and setup a tent in some remote location.
Or even just a normal camping ground maybe, there would be no reason I'd be disturbed by any dangerous people trying to 'help' me.
Then set a scheduled message of my whereabouts to my family at least a couple days later so they can tell the cops.
A tent in a nice enough place is plenty good enough for me, I don't have to ruin the car with vomit or other nasty stuff from a dead body.
Or traumatize any hotel staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: ApathyToLife and Nlis2244
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
The cleaners at a dive aren't any more deserving of finding a dead person :/

It's a crying shame that someone has to.
You're absolutely right. I was thinking more so that tragedy/violence might have already happened in a place like that so maybe people would be a little desensitized to it.
I think I'd use a car to get as far away from any people as possible, and setup a tent in some remote location.
Or even just a normal camping ground maybe, there would be no reason I'd be disturbed by any dangerous people trying to 'help' me.
Then set a scheduled message of my whereabouts to my family at least a couple days later so they can tell the cops.
A tent in a nice enough place is plenty good enough for me, I don't have to ruin the car with vomit or other nasty stuff from a dead body.
Or traumatize any hotel staff.
That's a good plan. A camping ground is a thoughtโ€ฆ thanks for that. I worry about making noise if it's quiet there especially at nightโ€ฆ also campgrounds around here close for the season soon if they aren't already. Sheltered and warm is how I'd like to do it, and with some type of cover over my body as a warning to hopefully traumatize people as little as possible. I was thinking a sleeping bag. So maybe I can take a short hike to a spot to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABSOLUTION
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
Somewhere my body won't be found. I'd want it to be unrecognisable. Luckily, there's a lot of long strips of road here where that's just possible. It can be like a wasteland sometimes.

Reactions: stilhavinightmares
A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
Preferably, I would like to be out in nature and I would be ok with never being found. Unfortunately, without a body, I would be just missing and no death certificate means no life insurance payout to my family. I haven't figured out this piece yet.

Reactions: stilhavinightmares and ABSOLUTION
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
Uh the hotel would be more comfortable. I don't mind the car just to be on my own and away from other people.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I have a favorite hotel in the Florida Keys with a beach private patio and garden, it's beautiful. That's my first choice. Second choice is a remote empty beach I know about.

cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
there's this place in the city i used to live in that i like a lot because it's filled with nice memories. it's a railway, so i'd just use the train method.
alternatively, i'd travel someplace i've always wanted to go to and CTB the last day in the hotel room.
as a last place, in my bed under a ton of soft blankets.