• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

Not a Cylon

Blah
Jun 27, 2024
Wow, watching that video of Amy explain her reasons was heartbreaking. I'm crying (again) because it hits so close to the internal struggle. I wish there was this option in the United States, even just being able to meet with professional who could assist me if I ever decided to make the leap, to get it "approved", as something to keep in my back pocket would bring me such a sense of relief of *knowing* I had an exit if I hit rock bottom and wave the white flag.

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
You need to be domiciled (proof that you're living here; police will check this on site) in Belgium and you need a rijksregisternummer (sort of a social security number).
I don't believe that's true - reports like this (https://www.euronews.com/2023/11/02/has-belgium-become-a-haven-for-people-wanting-to-end-their-life) indicate people from France are able to do this.

Honestly, this is the first bit of hope I've had in forever. I don't see it as an easy process but autism is destroying my life. I am excited to have a path to investigate and it will give me something far more meaningful to as I wrap up my life - find organizations to help with this, people to stay with and my final trip to what appears to a country with some beautiful things to see.

My death will give me final joy

Last edited:
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
I don't believe that's true - reports like this (https://www.euronews.com/2023/11/02/has-belgium-become-a-haven-for-people-wanting-to-end-their-life) indicate people from France are able to do this.
You can believe all you want. The article is flawed. They state there are certain conditions, but not all are mentioned.

(This is an official website.)

Attention : pour remplir, faire enregistrer (pour qu'elle figure dans le registre des déclarations anticipées consultables par les médecins) et valider une déclaration anticipée d'euthanasie, vous devez être domicilié en Belgique et disposer d'un numéro de registre national actif.

Edit: It seems this (text above) is about the declaration of will.

Being a Belgian (Flemish actually) I can request euthanasia because of 'unbearable mental suffering' (for instance an incurable mental disorder like bipolar or schizophrenia), but this right is only preserved for Belgians not for foreigners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Interloper
Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
I'm so bored by the pedantic arguing of people here.

Last edited:
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Then why are there multiple articles saying you're wrong? Here's another one from January 2023 (https://www.belganewsagency.eu/an-increasing-number-of-foreigners-request-euthanasia-in-belgium). You can be a legal resident not from Belgium - you apparently have to live there (in Brussels) but you technically don't have to be a citizen - perhaps it matters which local jurisdiction or not. There's another one (https://www.thelocal.fr/20170921/en...ding-for-french-seeking-euthanasia-in-belgium) so while you can argue all you want I have no interest in further conversation with someone being disrespectful and arguing. believe what you want, I don't care about you.

Because I was wrong (partly).

First, you don't have to be a citizen, I knew that, but I was wrong about the conditions to be domiciled and having a rijksregisternummer. Apparently, that part of the text was only if you want to register a declaration of will. This declaration is required if you want euthanasia when you loose consciousness 'in a way that can not be reversed'. I already edited my comment; I hope it's clear now.

Second, you specifically quote the part about 'unbearable mental suffering' and of this I'm sure. LEIF confirms this: foreigners will NOT get euthanasia because of unbearable mental suffering. I don't want to be disrespectful or argue, but I mainly don't want you to get false hope: you will not get euthanasia because of autism.

Euthanasie vanwege psychiatrisch lijden is mogelijk in ons land, maar niet voor buitenlanders. 'De consensus is dat we dit enkel doen bij buitenlanders met een fysieke problematiek'

Euthanasia because of psychiatric suffering is possible in our country, but not for foreigners. The consensus is that we only do this with foreigners who are physically suffering.

The article also mentions a French woman with terminal cancer who traveled from Paris to Brussels to request euthanasia, but (for reasons not mentioned) she was turned down.

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
Figures that the first hope I have had in months about my plans and feeling like I had found something, figures that it would evaporate in the span of hours.

I see why autistic people so often want to die. This rollercoaster isn't a life. It's a waiting room trapped in the basement of a hospital and you are forgotten there forever.

• Aww..
Reactions: pilotviolin