• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
It's a question often asked on the Forum. I find that it's often very relevant and goes beyond simple curiosity, especially when someone says, for example, "I can't get such and such where I live" or "You can't own firearms here."

So I've added "UK" to my on-screen profile, and maybe other people would like to think about doing the same ?

Reactions: Dartz, marcusuk63 and AtomicNewt
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I think some people like to keep every amount of anonymity they can.
I don't really care if it's as broad as the country though. I'm from the US.

Reactions: memento_mori, LMFAO FOCKERS, Strumgewehr and 1 other person
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
I think some people like to keep every amount of anonymity they can.
I don't really care if it's as broad as the country though. I'm from the US.

Sure. That's fine, personal choice, no problems. But if people are happy to do it, it may help in some circumstances

Reactions: LastFlowers
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
And yet I can't get ahold of one.

Why is that ?

You see, from my side of the Pond it seems that there are so many guns washing around in the US, that it must surely be very easy to lay hands on one, even where controls are strict (by US standards).

Reactions: medicinenightmares
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Why is that ?

You see, from my side of the Pond it seems that there are so many guns washing around in the US, that it must surely be very easy to lay hands on one, even where controls are strict (by US standards).
I don't think I am savvy enough in that area to acquire one.
Don't they look into your mental health background?
I've been in the psych hospital multiple times and my medical records are probably a glaring warning sign.
I have no clue how to get one off the street and I have no money.
I don't even have a drivers license!
I'm highly dependent however much I hate that fact.

A gun WOULD be a preferable method for me though. I just don't want to end up in prison trying to get my hands on one.

Reactions: Halo13
C

Chucchy

Jun 13, 2019
UK. I'm glad guns aren't legal here, but for my own selfish reasons often I wish that wasn't the case!
@Roger, are you planning to ctb and how, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: marcusuk63 and LastFlowers
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I don't think I am savvy enough in that area to acquire one.
Don't they look into your mental health background?
I've been in the psych hospital multiple times and my medical records are probably a glaring warning sign.
I have no clue how to get one off the street and I have no money.
I don't even have a drivers license!
I'm highly dependent however much I hate that fact.

A gun WOULD be a preferable method for me though. I just don't want to end up in prison trying to get my hands on one.
Yes, in the US they do a background check. Getting a gun is impossible for me now due to my numerous mental health issues and hospitalizations. I'm not an expert on this, however but can confirm denial in the US because of it. It is noteworthy there's a difference between a voluntary psych ward trip and involuntary because it affects the eligibility criteria. There's some better information about this on the firearm megathread.

Edited to add: involuntarily meaning a patient is served paperwork legally stating they must go/stay in the psych unit. If someone tries to get discharged and the staff or doctor convinces the person to stay, it is still considered voluntary. I've tried to leave inpatient and had a Constable show up to hand me paperwork saying I cannot leave by law until the doctor allowed it. Sometimes people confuse the two, just wanted to clarify. The staff can be pushy to keep someone "voluntarily" so they don't have involuntary on their medical records.

Last edited:
Reactions: LastFlowers
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Dear Chuccy

I don't mind you asking, of course.

Yes, I'm planning to kill myself, I'm afraid is the answer. I do not want to, but I perceive that it will be the only way to escape misery, so I am just living one day at a time and gradually going downhill in the meantime.

How ? Well, given the way this thread is unfolding, I'll mention that although I had a professional connection with firearms throughout my working life, with lawful authority to possess all types for business reasons, my authority dissolved when I retired and I no longer have access to guns, and I do not intend trying. I don't have a Firearm Certificate, nor a Shot Gun Certificate, and nothing hidden away.

You are quite wrong to say "guns aren't legal here" about UK. There are some 600, 000 people who hold Firearm/Shotgun Certificates, holding about 300, 000 guns between them. Add to that the unknown quantity lawfully possessed by Registered Firearms Dealers and you have quite a lot of lethal hardware going around.

My knowledge of UK firearms law is good, though a little rusty and out of date (like me really) and so I know that there are several exemptions which could allow me to obtain access (if only temporary) to various types of gun. I have no intention of broadcasting these as I don't want any action of mine to make things more difficult for the legitimate, respectable shooting community, which is larger in UK than many people assume.
My post-mortem reputation is important to me, and I do not want to be remembered as a criminal, nor a liar.

As a fully paid up member of the Cowards Club, I seek a method which will be as easy and pain free as possible, without having to break the law to accumulate the necessary paraphernalia. The rope, and partial suspension is one method, and SN is the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: memento_mori, AtomicNewt and Halo13
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I don't mind you asking, of course.

Yes, I'm planning to kill myself, I'm afraid is the answer. I do not want to, but I perceive that it will be the only way to escape misery, so I am just living one day at a time and gradually going downhill in the meantime.

How ? Well, given the way this thread is unfolding, I'll mention that although I had a professional connection with firearms throughout my working life, with lawful authority to possess all types for business reasons, my authority dissolved when I retired and I no longer have access to guns, and I do not intend trying. I don't have a Firearm Certificate, nor a Shot Gun Certificate, and nothing hidden away.

My knowledge of UK firearms law is good, though a little rusty and out of date (like me really) and so I know that there are several exemptions which could allow me to obtain access (if only temporary) to various types of gun. I have no intention of broadcasting these as I don't want any action of mine to make things more difficult for the legitimate, respectable shooting community, which is larger in UK than many people assume.
My post-mortem reputation is important to me, and I do not want to be remembered as a criminal, nor a liar.

As a fully paid up member of the Cowards Club, I seek a method which will be as easy and pain free as possible, without having to break the law to accumulate the necessary paraphernalia. The rope, and partial suspension is one method, and SN is the other.
I don't think you're a coward for wanting a pain free and easy method. I commend you for caring about your post mortem report as I can relate to that line of thought. That is interesting to know the UK has a large shooting community, also. I hope you are able to find peace.

LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
It's a question often asked on the Forum. I find that it's often very relevant and goes beyond simple curiosity, especially when someone says, for example, "I can't get such and such where I live" or "You can't own firearms here."

So I've added "UK" to my on-screen profile, and maybe other people would like to think about doing the same ?
Lot of us here from the UK. It's becoming a pretty bleak place to live.

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Thanks to those who have mentioned where they are from, but it would be better to amend your on screen profile location so that there is a permanent record.

D

dousavetheworld

我选择死亡 / Carpe diem
Apr 9, 2019
I'm at south east asia now and I was born in China. I guess that there are not many Chinese on this forum:) And regarding Gun and N. it seems impossible for Asian people to get a gun and nor do we seems to be able to get N.

Reactions: marcusuk63
C

Chucchy

Jun 13, 2019
@Roger, you're right, I was massively generalising :)

Reactions: pleasethistime
Y

Ynysmon

Jun 12, 2019
I'm from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, which is in Wales, UK

• Love
Reactions: NoDream, AutumnEmbers, dousavetheworld and 3 others
Raggas

Raggas

Suicide is self expression
Dec 31, 2018
Sydney AU.

Reactions: memento_mori
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I'm not sure what the question here? It Wales and not whales, they live in the sea.

In a recent Tweet, Mr fuckwit Trump referred to Prince Charles as the Prince of Whales. There have been endless jokes about it every since.

Reactions: Bulletwbttrflywings and NoDream
mamiko9399

mamiko9399

Jun 14, 2019
UK but born in Germany
Well...I like this place in general but just ppl
Most are puty,pity,softshell which are queens and kings of drama from nothing.Annoyse me fact that they are such a liars,its so rare to found blunt,straight words person.Passive agressive behaviour in this Contry is just norm...

Reactions: Nice
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
I'm from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, which is in Wales, UK
Wow, that's impressive. I does look suspiciously like someone just whacked random letters on their keyboard a bit. Ancient aliens?

I'm from Germany myself.