F

Fayefaye

Jul 15, 2022
Hope for the worst? Lol. I'm always like, "ah, this is it" and am eventually disappointed.

I used to get really concerning sensations when my ED was worse a few years back. Ahhh, if only I was as suicidal back then as I am now, and hadn't taken myself to the hospital. Relapsing hard now though so that if I can't overcome survival instinct, maybe my wrecked body will take care of it for me 🤪 Plus tbh it's the only thing keeping my alive rn ha haha...pretty successful as coping methods go.

Anyways my arm went numb earlier and I had some hot flashes and tingles and came close to passing out. Sadly I prevailed 👍

• Hugs
Reactions: QuietLake
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
Hope for the worst? Lol. I'm always like, "ah, this is it" and am eventually disappointed.

I used to get really concerning sensations when my ED was worse a few years back. Ahhh, if only I was as suicidal back then as I am now, and hadn't taken myself to the hospital. Relapsing hard now though so that if I can't overcome survival instinct, maybe my wrecked body will take care of it for me 🤪 Plus tbh it's the only thing keeping my alive rn ha haha...pretty successful as coping methods go.

Anyways my arm went numb earlier and I had some hot flashes and tingles and came close to passing out. Sadly I prevailed 👍
I get these weird sensations too lately, plus dizzy spells, weird pain, fainting, despite not being skinny nor starving myself and taking a multivitamin atm, where does that come from ??? I feel like it's linked to lovelessness and isolation induced stress killing me more than my ED perhaps, or it can't take the cycle of binging-fasting and is thoroughly broken ? I'm so confused.
Confusion

F

Fayefaye

Jul 15, 2022
I get these weird sensations too lately, plus dizzy spells, weird pain, fainting, despite not being skinny nor starving myself and taking a multivitamin atm, where does that come from ??? I feel like it's linked to lovelessness and isolation induced stress killing me more than my ED perhaps, or it can't take the cycle of binging-fasting and is thoroughly broken ? I'm so confused.
View attachment 95683
Binging/fasting alone can mess with you and cause a lot of symptoms, even if your weight is staying the same.

Depending on how long you're fasting, it could be an issue with you electrolytes. Do you get the dizziness, fainting, pains mostly when fasting? And are the pains like muscle cramps? That's a key sign it's an electrolyte issue. Could also be a drop in blood sugar and blood pressure while fasting.

All of those symptoms can very much be a response to fasting no matter your weight or nutrition status. For me, despite being able to restrict low at times, I cannot fast in the least. I get faint and dizzy really quick. But getting in electrolytes can help.

Obviously you can't be sure unless you see a doctor, but these are some things to consider.

Panic attacks can also cause intense bodily sensations if you experience those.

I know I'm a hypocrite for saying this lol, but stay safe. Fainting can be incredibly dangerous. You can hit your head, break your bones, etc. And just because you're not at a low weight doesn't mean your ED can't fuck you up. Lots of people experience the worst of their physical symptoms at "normal" weights or above. It's all an individual thing.

Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
Binging/fasting alone can mess with you and cause a lot of symptoms, even if your weight is staying the same.

Depending on how long you're fasting, it could be an issue with you electrolytes. Do you get the dizziness, fainting, pains mostly when fasting? And are the pains like muscle cramps? That's a key sign it's an electrolyte issue. Could also be a drop in blood sugar and blood pressure while fasting.

All of those symptoms can very much be a response to fasting no matter your weight or nutrition status. For me, despite being able to restrict low at times, I cannot fast in the least. I get faint and dizzy really quick. But getting in electrolytes can help.

Obviously you can't be sure unless you see a doctor, but these are some things to consider.

Panic attacks can also cause intense bodily sensations if you experience those.

I know I'm a hypocrite for saying this lol, but stay safe. Fainting can be incredibly dangerous. You can hit your head, break your bones, etc. And just because you're not at a low weight doesn't mean your ED can't fuck you up. Lots of people experience the worst of their physical symptoms at "normal" weights or above. It's all an individual thing.
Usually that's what it would be but then that's why I take a multivitamin so why would my electrolytes not be okay despite that ? I try to have some nutrition whenever I'm able to and I stay well hydrated at all times.

Actually it gets worse when I eat now, which baffles me. I think I may have developped gastritis or something similar.

I'm barely fasting at all : 1-2 (40 to 70 hours) days is my maximum unfortunately.

The pains are more visceral, digestive and occasionally they're like bruises or tension.

Doctors tend to be pretty useless when it comes to unusual chronic stuff. I do have some blood work to do but have been unable to yet.

I can't mistake panic attacks for anything else since I feel panic, logically and these are infinitely more intense for me and actually capable of killing me since they induce full body paralysis which hyperventilation that is not easy to get out of, very scary.

I wish I could be safe. But the reality is that as long as I fail to create any susbtantial bond I'll never be...

Fasting has never been dangerous for me since I don't fast for very long and I have many reserves of fat to burn.

The weird thing is I'm well used to low weight and low glycemia / blood pressure symptoms but I had never had similar symptoms at a higher weight before.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is understandable wanting to die from something else as suicide is so difficult after all. Our bodies can torture us with health problems to such great extents yet still not kill us. I wish that dying is as straightforward as just wishing to be gone.