• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is something that is rather common and ubiquitous around day to day life in one's existence. I'm sure this is nothing new, but most of us may have come across such insensitive, dismissive, condescending, and ignorant spiel spewed by pro-lifers. This is where pro-lifers often cite distractions and exercises just to avoid or somehow delude oneself into willing one's own (legitimate) problems away! There is nothing more arrogant, annoying, and rude to the person by ignoring, sweeping one's problems under the rug!

For example, they think of menial exercises (which works for some people) and that if one simply practices those exercises, then (all) their problems will magically vanish! They will be at peace! /sarcasm

To them (the pro-lifers), they believe that if one simply just distracts oneself and (delusional) ignores one's problems, it will magically just go away. How utterly ignorant!

The real truth is, these "distractions" do absolutely little to nothing to fix whatever circumstance one may find oneself in! In fact, the circumstances still persist and will not change nor go away until REAL action is taken to affect the outcome. A mere distraction and diversion of attention to the problem only means that one is just willfully ignoring the problem, but the problem will still persist!

Example 1:
Suppose a scenario where one is CTB'ing because of money problems and survivability (not actually uncommon in today's world given the economy, inflation, cost of living, etc.), and instead of looking to fix systemic issues or even address said individual's problem, some pro-lifer gives a platitude as a distraction, "money doesn't buy happiness, or that money isn't that important" or some cliché statement in response (Obviously some pro-lifers may not be so banal, but nonetheless, just mere distractions from the actual issue at hand), it wouldn't help said person's situation! In fact, the person is still financially struggling as always and suffering.

Example 2:
A person in an abusive and toxic situation cannot get out of it, but instead of helping said person to escape whatever is causing the suffering, the pro-lifer either dismisses or downplays the severity of the situation and tries to 'distract' the person that the situation isn't bad. Not only is that dismissive and invalidating towards said person, but also does absolutely nothing to better the situation other than to make the platitude pusher (the pro-lifer) feel good about themselves.

I think any pro-lifer with even an ounce of common sense would know that what they are saying or trying to do is not only disrespectful, banal, but also just completely useless! I wrote this thread mainly to highlight and expose the fact that 'distractions' themselves do absolutely nothing for certain problems that people face and suffer from. The only thing it does is to temporarily ignore the problem, which of course doesn't help the situation and may even make the person feel worse overall.

hug

hug

Apr 12, 2024
This is something that is rather common and ubiquitous around day to day life in one's existence. I'm sure this is nothing new, but most of us may have come across such insensitive, dismissive, condescending, and ignorant spiel spewed by pro-lifers. This is where pro-lifers often cite distractions and exercises just to avoid or somehow delude oneself into willing one's own (legitimate) problems away! There is nothing more arrogant, annoying, and rude to the person by ignoring, sweeping one's problems under the rug!

For example, they think of menial exercises (which works for some people) and that if one simply practices those exercises, then (all) their problems will magically vanish! They will be at peace! /sarcasm

To them (the pro-lifers), they believe that if one simply just distracts oneself and (delusional) ignores one's problems, it will magically just go away. How utterly ignorant!

The real truth is, these "distractions" do absolutely little to nothing to fix whatever circumstance one may find oneself in! In fact, the circumstances still persist and will not change nor go away until REAL action is taken to affect the outcome. A mere distraction and diversion of attention to the problem only means that one is just willfully ignoring the problem, but the problem will still persist!

Example 1:
Suppose a scenario where one is CTB'ing because of money problems and survivability (not actually uncommon in today's world given the economy, inflation, cost of living, etc.), and instead of looking to fix systemic issues or even address said individual's problem, some pro-lifer gives a platitude as a distraction, "money doesn't buy happiness, or that money isn't that important" or some cliché statement in response (Obviously some pro-lifers may not be so banal, but nonetheless, just mere distractions from the actual issue at hand), it wouldn't help said person's situation! In fact, the person is still financially struggling as always and suffering.

Example 2:
A person in an abusive and toxic situation cannot get out of it, but instead of helping said person to escape whatever is causing the suffering, the pro-lifer either dismisses or downplays the severity of the situation and tries to 'distract' the person that the situation isn't bad. Not only is that dismissive and invalidating towards said person, but also does absolutely nothing to better the situation other than to make the platitude pusher (the pro-lifer) feel good about themselves.

I think any pro-lifer with even an ounce of common sense would know that what they are saying or trying to do is not only disrespectful, banal, but also just completely useless! I wrote this thread mainly to highlight and expose the fact that 'distractions' themselves do absolutely nothing for certain problems that people face and suffer from. The only thing it does is to temporarily ignore the problem, which of course doesn't help the situation and may even make the person feel worse overall.
This really hit me deeply, you have no idea how long I studied accounting as a way to distract myself, today I have an office..... and I still feel like a failure since childhood, I've always done things out of luck and it wasn't merit, the only thing I can think of that was my merit was accounting which I studied so much out of fear that those thoughts would come back, nowadays they come back with much more strength.

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
You don't have to worry about that I'm seeing suicide death in the news more than I ever did my whole life. Very soon this earth won't have any teenager! They don't fix the problem in fact they will tell you " u are the problem, it's in your head"

M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
You don't have to worry about that I'm seeing suicide death in the news more than I ever did my whole life. Very soon this earth won't have any teenager! They don't fix the problem in fact they will tell you " u are the problem, it's in your head"
The suicides of teenagers are exaggerated. The biggest amount of suicides are done by men in their 30s-40s and elderly over 70 years.

voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
i was told to find a wife and have kids. I can barely tolerate my work colleagues for 8 hours Monday to Friday. Another individual (or individuals) in my space 24/7? lol. I would lose it. Not to say I haven't had relationships. I have had several. They just never work as I always lose interest after a while. U are very right though about normies pushing distractions as a way to 'lift your mood'.

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
i was told to find a wife and have kids. I can barely tolerate my work colleagues for 8 hours Monday to Friday. Another individual (or individuals) in my space 24/7? lol. I would lose it. Not to say I haven't had relationships. I have had several. They just never work as I always lose interest after a while. U are very right though about normies pushing distractions as a way to 'lift your mood'.
I don't suggest to have a wife and kids if you're not mentally ready! It's not fair for them. Today the gun shop asked me out but I refused and I turned the gun training offer down because I realized he's using that as an excuse to go out with me but ofc I can't I'm not mentally able to sit with a man and eat dinner I'm tortured and disabled emotionally plus the fact I will die soon hopefully

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
I don't suggest to have a wife and kids if you're not mentally ready! It's not fair for them. Today the gun shop asked me out but I refused and I turned the gun training offer down because I realized he's using that as an excuse to go out with me but ofc I can't I'm not mentally able to sit with a man and eat dinner I'm tortured and disabled emotionally plus the fact I will die soon hopefully
I totally get you. No one deserves to put up with me and my shit. My last relationship was in 2021. I haven't been with anyone since. And keep my 'excursions' to a minimum to keep it that way. Although I have been approached at the groceries a few times. As you said, its not fair to others for us to persue romatinc relationships when mentally we just not there yet. That said, it takes alot of credit to notice that and follow through with it given how lonely life can get sometimes.

my_sundown

my_sundown

My Sundown.
Jan 17, 2023
This really hit me deeply, you have no idea how long I studied accounting as a way to distract myself, today I have an office..... and I still feel like a failure since childhood, I've always done things out of luck and it wasn't merit, the only thing I can think of that was my merit was accounting which I studied so much out of fear that those thoughts would come back, nowadays they come back with much more strength.
As a fellow accountant this resonates with me. Let me just distract myself do legal and word problems until I die. My dad wanted me to be a cpa, so here I am. Make it end.

Reactions: karmaisabitch
karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
The suicides of teenagers are exaggerated. The biggest amount of suicides are done by men in their 30s-40s and elderly over 70 years.
Not recently tho! If you're following the news the second cause of death in America is suicide for ages 15-23

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36