• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
There was a vote about 2 years ago in Switzerland about implementing a basic universal income. Only 25% voted yes, all the others voted no. It wasn't really a bad result but I think we're far away from progressive concepts like these. I think there are better chances in around 50 years when people suffer a lot more from economic inequality.

Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
There was a vote about 2 years ago in Switzerland about implementing a basic universal income. Only 25% voted yes, all the others voted no. It wasn't really a bad result but I think we're far away from progressive concepts like these. I think there are better chances in around 50 years when people suffer a lot more from economic inequality.
That's too long from now. What a shit time to be a youngin'

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
That's too long from now. What a shit time to be a youngin'

It sucks. It would have been a solution to my poverty and give me some resources to create a future for myself. I could easily go to school and study with no financial worries with a basic income like that. But that didn't happen and here I am now, in possession with a lethal substance to take my own life.

Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Probably 20-40 years after it is normal in Europe. Think of healthcare in America vs. europe. It will go something like that. Sadly. I don't actually mind "paying" for people who can't work - I don't care if you are actually unable or just don't want to.... if we can realize that happiness is what matters then I think we could possibly build a world worth living in.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I hope sooner than ever. When automation will conquer a workplaces for good, I suppose

So we basically have to hope for capitalism to turn the west into a dystopia by destroying the economy and fucking over the working class so we can finally have a basic universal income. Sweet. I think at that point we're close to anything that cyberpunk literature has told us in the past 40 years.

I quote Wikipedia:

"Cyberpunk settings are dystopias with corruption, computers and internet connectivity. Giant, multinational corporations have for the most part replaced governments as centers of political, economic, and even military power."

and

"...a closer look [...] reveals that they nearly always portray future societies in which governments have become wimpy and pathetic ...Popular science fiction tales [...] accumulations of power in the next century, but nearly always clutched in the secretive hands of a wealthy or corporate elite."

I'm a big fan of cyberpunk but that sounds horrible.