venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Do you believe there's something more to life?

You would be so kind as to elaborate a little?

Reactions: rationaltake and swaraj
F

FindingHome

Student
Aug 4, 2023
I always believed that there was a GOD. After what I have been through, I have started to lose faith that there is a GOD. I often ask myself why GOD why me why did I have to go through this. I also wonder if GOD is there if I ever will be healed. At this point in life, I am focused on CTB and nothing else matters to me anymore. I am not thinking about Hell, Heaven, or the Afterlife. To me I have already been in HELL.

• Hugs
Reactions: nadia225, cscott, swaraj and 1 other person
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I always believed that there was a GOD. After what I have been through, I have started to lose faith that there is a GOD. I often ask myself why GOD why me why did I have to go through this. I also wonder if GOD is there if I ever will be healed. At this point in life, I am focused on CTB and nothing else matters to me anymore. I am not thinking about Hell, Heaven, or the Afterlife. To me I have already been in HELL.
That is so true, the last part.

I also was a firm believer but now I cannot believe anymore, after all the stuff I've been thourgh and still am.

• Hugs
Reactions: swaraj and FindingHome
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I really have no idea. I was brought up to believe in a Christian God and heaven. Not exactly strict, orthodox Christianity but, based on it. I feel like it's more likely there's nothing now. That religions are man made. As paraphrased by Mark Twain: 'God made man in his own image and then, man returned the favour.'

Honestly- if there truly is intention behind all of this- I think we should all be really worried. What kind of intention leads to the world being created like it has? I'd actually much prefer there to be nothing. I can't see a good, loving being creating the world as it is. I just can't see there being any justification for how much some sentient beings suffer.

If there is a God, I can only assume they are either kind of careless and irresponsible. The mad scientist type that creates things because they can- without thinking it through. They are some prolific Artist that enjoys creating stuff but doesn't hang around to maintain anything- perhaps God is busy creating new worlds. Or- they're a narcicistic sadist. What else would insist on everyone being a part of their fan club and to be so obedient to their wishes? With the threat of hell if we don't comply?

That all said. I'm just REALLY not sure. There are certainly still things in this life that we can't explain. That doesn't of course HAVE to mean there is some mysticism behind it. I think our brains tend to enjoy things like magic. We have learnt things through story telling for millenia. It's no wonder we are susceptible to believing quite fantastical things. Especially when science doesn't have an answer at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: notverylucid, 020x, WonderingSoul and 3 others
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I really have no idea. I was brought up to believe in a Christian God and heaven. Not exactly strict, orthodox Christianity but, based on it. I feel like it's more likely there's nothing now. That religions are man made. As paraphrased by Mark Twain: 'God made man in his own image and then, man returned the favour.'

Honestly- if there truly is intention behind all of this- I think we should all be really worried. What kind of intention leads to the world being created like it has? I'd actually much prefer there to be nothing. I can't see a good, loving being creating the world as it is. I just can't see there being any justification for how much some sentient beings suffer.

If there is a God, I can only assume they are either kind of careless and irresponsible. The mad scientist type that creates things because they can- without thinking it through. They are some prolific Artist that enjoys creating stuff but doesn't hang around to maintain anything- perhaps God is busy creating new worlds. Or- they're a narcicistic sadist. What else would insist on everyone being a part of their fan club and to be so obedient to their wishes? With the threat of hell if we don't comply?

That all said. I'm just REALLY not sure. There are certainly still things in this life that we can't explain. That doesn't of course HAVE to mean there is some mysticism behind it. I think our brains tend to enjoy things like magic. We have learnt things through story telling for millenia. It's no wonder we are susceptible to believing quite fantastical things. Especially when science doesn't have an answer at the moment.
You spared me of writing this 😄

Thank you

I absolutely agree with everything you said 🧐

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
E

EndOfTheLine84

Aug 8, 2023
I am technically agnostic, since you can't technically prove either the existence or lack of existence of a god, however if there is a "god" I think it would highly likely be simulation hypothesis (which is a god of sorts).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

The Matrix of sorts possibly, but yeah that would be a mindfu*k and a half if it turned out to be one big experiment, where each person started off with a handicap (golf terminology) that's randomly assigned and then scored upon how they live and die, but there would be no punishment, just a study done by another species outside out simulated universe for their own studies.
You would ask them "what does the score mean?" and they would reply possibly "we just put it in the database, it means nothing as far as you are concerned, now we're putting you back in as...... ah billionaire who sadly and tradgecally dies in an aircraft accident, wife is murdered before then as well as children, ohhhhh that one's a toughy, it started off sounding so good there for a second, well your memory is wiped clean and in you go, oh btw, you will become an alcoholic and that's the reason you catch that doomed flight, to see their resting place, which tragically the journey will be your resting place and you never make it there... also this one is a ditching into water, and you are what we predict a 72% chance of being dumb enough to inflate your life jacket before exiting the aircraft, guaranteeing your fate drowning due to your own stupidity and arrogance, 81% chance of grabbing a poor woman's leg trying in vain to save yourself, who you would therefore likely make her drown in your own selfishness we predict, dying with regret and shame then and lots of pain... some of that can be altered by you, but that plane is going down, that's the true test we're looking at... bye bye now" .... "oh hey, before you send me in, what's the database called out of curiosity?" ... "ah, you, forget soon anyway, it's called Eternal Suffering haha" ... "but, but, plot holes here, why reincarnation if the population is not stable, nor even combined with all sentient beings combined, how does that work?" ... "oh, that's easy, we haven't told you which world we're sending you to yet... so many worlds of pain hahaha".

Or something like that lol

Reactions: WonderingSoul
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
Do you believe there's something more to life?

You would be so kind as to elaborate a little?
Yes unfortunately. I am brainwashed into thinking thee is a god and that there is a heaven and a hell. I also believe if you follow these strict rules you will make it to heaven. And it's unfortunately why I put off suicide because I'm scared that if I kill myself I will go to hell.

Now most likely I'm being afraid over nothing. Maybe I'm making these things up. But I'm brainwashed so what can I do? Also I can't kill myself right now because I simply can't afford to. I would need an air bnb or some hotel or a tent and drink my SN there. I don't have the money for any of those things so I can't.

• Hugs
Reactions: venin and Forever Sleep
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
I grew up around religious people, it's one of the reasons i'm still here. Fear of hell, if I commit, my life being apart of some 'plan' and my situation is something I deserve.

Although life could just as easily be a simulation. Some kind of Sims game that's been running a bit too long, ha.

• Yay!
Reactions: venin
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I do believe in a God. Not the one's that religion preaches. I do believe that humans with whatever potential they are blessed with, don't have the power to unlock the mystery of the creator. But I am forcing myself to unlearn the after life stuff so that I can die peacefully. If there is some form of after life , it would be a waste to die , just to wake up in some other world to face.. God knows what. I see death as a solution cause everything ceases to exist.There is no pain , no feelings , no pleasures , absolutely nothing. If nothing ceases , than I better look for some other solution rather than die.

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Yes unfortunately. I am brainwashed into thinking thee is a god and that there is a heaven and a hell. I also believe if you follow these strict rules you will make it to heaven. And it's unfortunately why I put off suicide because I'm scared that if I kill myself I will go to hell.

Now most likely I'm being afraid over nothing. Maybe I'm making these things up. But I'm brainwashed so what can I do? Also I can't kill myself right now because I simply can't afford to. I would need an air bnb or some hotel or a tent and drink my SN there. I don't have the money for any of those things so I can't.
I'm really sorry it's this way. I went through this for like a year before the middle finger to the God idea and it's really tormenting.

The money aspect is also a thing that I went through. A while ago, I put aside some money for 🚌 & I plan on keeping it.

This way I know that if I ever gets that fkt up again, I'll have the resources to do it.
I grew up around religious people, it's one of the reasons i'm still here. Fear of hell, if I commit, my life being apart of some 'plan' and my situation is something I deserve.

Although life could just as easily be a simulation. Some kind of Sims game that's been running a bit too long, ha.
Where's the "quit" button?😄👁️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ultrasharpy123456
Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
Yes, I believe in a god because it doesn't make sense for us and this world including life to just come out of nothing. Think about it, how does it make sense for life to come to existence in such a perfect way for us to survive, the perfect amount of oxygen, the perfect alignment for sun and moon to rotate and turn night into day vice versa. If this was all a coincidence then that must be the best coincidence ever. There must be a supreme power who controls everything otherwise our planet might have been obliterated by asteroids.
However, what I don't understand is how cruel such a god is. In my religion, apparently he has created an eternal hell for us to suffer eternally for in one of the most worst ways imaginable, and also created such a harsh life inundated with suffering. Hence, I believe such a God is cruel and doesn't deserve my worship because he doesn't love me at all

• Love
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Yes, I believe in a god because it doesn't make sense for us and this world including life to just come out of nothing. Think about it, how does it make sense for life to come to existence in such a perfect way for us to survive, the perfect amount of oxygen, the perfect alignment for sun and moon to rotate and turn night into day vice versa. If this was all a coincidence then that must be the best coincidence ever. There must be a supreme power who controls everything otherwise our planet might have been obliterated by asteroids.
However, what I don't understand is how cruel such a god is. In my religion, apparently he has created an eternal hell for us to suffer eternally for in one of the most worst ways imaginable, and also created such a harsh life inundated with suffering. Hence, I believe such a God is cruel and doesn't deserve my worship because he doesn't love me at all
I don't think anything is perfect about this existence 🤕

I mean there are really beautiful, amazing, even sublime stuff, but if you look at the bigger picture it's all senseless.

Everything is born to die. Without any higher purpose, sadly.

This is just what I see and have concluded 🤗

• Love
Reactions: Gaga786
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
The only higher power I bow down to is @RainAndSadness.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: RainAndSadness and venin
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
I don't think anything is perfect about this existence 🤕

I mean there are really beautiful, amazing, even sublime stuff, but if you look at the bigger picture it's all senseless.

Everything is born to die. Without any higher purpose, sadly.

This is just what I see and have concluded 🤗
Yes,but it's the perfect environment fora test. I believe this life is a test by God because honestly otherwise this world would serve no purpose. We are here, survive a few decades, then die and return to the creator. Every soul tastes death and we return to our original habitat which is heaven or hell. This life is just temporary

venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I do believe in a God. Not the one's that religion preaches. I do believe that humans with whatever potential they are blessed with, don't have the power to unlock the mystery of the creator. But I am forcing myself to unlearn the after life stuff so that I can die peacefully. If there is some form of after life , it would be a waste to die , just to wake up in some other world to face.. God knows what. I see death as a solution cause everything ceases to exist.There is no pain , no feelings , no pleasures , absolutely nothing. If nothing ceases , than I better look for some other solution rather than die.
Thankfully, I think it all ends here 🤗
Sadly, that's the conclusion I have reached. It's a really harsh one though.
The only higher power I bow down to is @RainAndSadness.
How does the higher power treat you?

Are there others like you? Is this a religion?

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Religions are man made and they are indoctrinated believes to control the masses via fear. If there was an almighty all-forgiving all-merciful god he would have adhered my wish to die peacefully during sleep long ago. And if the same god saw what's happening on earth and he doesn't interfere that's truly a sadistic god sending you also into hell if you don't adhere to his commands.

There could be a creator behind the universe itself but they wouldn't care about such an insignificant dot, we call it earth, in the vastness of the universe. There could be "intelligent" life once in each existing galaxy and throughout the universe it wouldn't be sth "special". But due to the given physics we will never be able to know from each others. The universe itself evolves and has a "life" and one day it will also die like everything that's created within the universe, then it may be reborn again, we'll never know that, but who cares? The answer lies in the quantum vacuum world that brought the universe into existence and probably this will be responsible for a new creation in the future again, we'll never know.

I think if a living body dies it splits up into the "soul" which may be a kind of energy reuniting with the quantum vacuum energy which is throughout the universe and probably beyond it leaving back a dead cluster of atoms that will reunite with earth through natural decay. NO hell NO heaven is there at all, this is an invention of human phantasy to explain the unexplainable things and to control the masses by fear.

Today we call people who "hear voices" or see "things" that isn't visible for others "schizophrenic". What if the people back in the days thousands of years ago also were "schizophrenic" but they, for themselves found a way so deal with is and to became "important"? That could be a source of the ideas of "religion". Just a theory of mine and this is just my personal opinion.

Give a monkey enough time to write random letters, they'll write the bible or quran one day just by "accident". When there is enough time anything is possible and in the actual quantum vacuum world time itself as we are experiencing it isn't existing.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: venin and Gaga786
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Religions are man made and they are indoctrinated believes to control the masses via fear. If there was an almighty all-forgiving all-merciful god he would have adhered my wish to die peacefully during sleep long ago. And if the same god saw what's happening on earth and he doesn't interfere that's truly a sadistic god sending you also into hell if you don't adhere to his commands.

There could be a creator behind the universe itself but they wouldn't care about such an insignificant dot, we call it earth, in the vastness of the universe. There could be "intelligent" life once in each existing galaxy and throughout the universe it wouldn't be sth "special". But due to the given physics we will never be able to know from each others. The universe itself evolves and has a "life" and one day it will also die like everything that's created within the universe, then it may be reborn again, we'll never know that, but who cares? The answer lies in the quantum vacuum world that brought the universe into existence and probably this will be responsible for a new creation in the future again, we'll never know.

I think if a living body dies it splits up into the "soul" which may be a kind of energy reuniting with the quantum vacuum energy which is throughout the universe and probably beyond it leaving back a dead cluster of atoms that will reunite with earth through natural decay. NO hell NO heaven is there at all, this is an invention of human phantasy to explain the unexplainable things and to control the masses by fear.

Today we call people who "hear voices" or see "things" that isn't visible for others "schizophrenic". What if the people back in the days thousands of years ago also were "schizophrenic" but they, for themselves found a way so deal with is and to became "important"? That could be a source of the ideas of "religion". Just a theory of mine and this is just my personal opinion.

Give a monkey enough time to write random letters, they'll write the bible or quran one day just by "accident". When there is enough time anything is possible and in the actual quantum vacuum world time itself as we are experiencing it isn't existing.
The fact of the matter is..we will never know. That's the only truth. No living being will ever know.Rest all is belief system.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020

I kind of agree with this. One argument put forward by others to first paragraph is that just like a teacher won't interfere in an child's exam and give the them the answers or ask them to not give it, God can't interfere in the persons personal test.

• Hugs
Reactions: venin and Praestat_Mori
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023

Thank you for sharing 🫂

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I kind of agree with this. One argument put forward by others to first paragraph is that just like a teacher won't interfere in an child's exam and give the them the answers or ask them to not give it, God can't interfere in the persons personal test.
why would god only want to test you ( us / especially humans? ) there were millions of life forms existing before us on earth. Well I see it a bit different, humans were told by their rulers if you don't follow this and that you can go to hell. St. Peter in Rome was built and finished in the middle ages because the pope said basically the more money you pay the more sins are forgiven? (sale of indulgences) .... it's questionable for me). Same with Islam Allah is all-forgiving all-merciful but he'll send you to hell .... I also read quran several times, I see it as a kind of brain washing now.

Edit: please don't get me wrong, I fully respect your personal believes!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, pthnrdnojvsc and venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
why would god only want to test you ( us / especially humans? ) there were millions of life forms existing before us on earth. Well I see it a bit different, humans were told by their rulers if you don't follow this and that you can go to hell. St. Peter in Rome was built and finished in the middle ages because the pope said basically the more money you pay the more sins are forgiven? (sale of indulgences) .... it's questionable for me). Same with Islam Allah is all-forgiving all-merciful but he'll send you to hell .... I also read quran several times, I see it as a kind of brain washing now.
Why would he test you in the first place? If he made everthing from scratch why make something that would require tests? Why not make everything right from the start?

What kind of result would he get from a 1 year old that has cancer and dies? Or a child that dies at birth?

Why pray to him then if he doesn't interfere at all, for the sakeness of the test?

Why would we worship him?

Why would he, absolute perfection need worshipping?

Why does suffering exist? Why does suffering exist at such incredible levels that people get to the point they wanna 🚌?

Why can't he advise us while we're still alive, in order to get to heaven?

Why create hell?

Why not give second chances, for those who hypothetically go to hell?

And I can go on 😎☺️

P.S. I wrongfully responded to your response @Praestat_Mori 🫂

It's actually a general response starting from @Gaga786 hypothesis according to which life is a test 🤗

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, EndJstifiesTheMeans, painful existence and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@venin they are valid questions and I don't have an answer to them. That's why I said religions are man made to control the masses through fear.

• Love
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
Why would he test you in the first place? If he made everthing from scratch why make something that would require tests? Why not make everything right from the start?

What kind of result would he get from a 1 year old that has cancer and dies? Or a child that dies at birth?

Why pray to him then if he doesn't interfere at all, for the sakeness of the test?

Why would we worship him?

Why would he, absolute perfection need worshipping?

Why does suffering exist? Why does suffering exist at such incredible levels that people get to the point they wanna 🚌?

Why can't he advise us while we're still alive, in order to get to heaven?

Why create hell?

Why not give second chances, for those who hypothetically go to hell?

And I can go on 😎☺️

P.S. I wrongfully responded to your response @Praestat_Mori 🫂

It's actually a general response starting from @Gaga786 hypothesis according to which life is a test 🤗
Well I ask those questions myself so I really don't have an answer to those. The people who I have asked these questions to have always told me this: your intellect is limited as compared to Gods so you just can't imagine him. Just like a machine has to obey its creator and perform the intended tasks, you have to do the same with the manual god has provided you to live a life according to him(Islam). Hence we can't question him as he do what he wills. This is the answer I get from them

• Love
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
All this is my opinion

It's hidden not taught what a human really is

A human is just cells . 30 trillion eukaryotic cells . there are 30 trillion bacteria and other microorganisms inside and on a human

Most cells in all animals are identical . The nerve or brain cells neurons in a fish are identical to those in a human

I don't believe in God , afterlife reincarnation , soul , magic , nothing.

A human is just an animal a machine

Chatgpt ai will surpass the weak human brain soon

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: notverylucid, Deleted member 65988, Minsu and 2 others
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Well I ask those questions myself so I really don't have an answer to those. The people who I have asked these questions to have always told me this: your intellect is limited as compared to Gods so you just can't imagine him. Just like a machine has to obey its creator and perform the intended tasks, you have to do the same with the manual god has provided you to live a life according to him(Islam). Hence we can't question him as he do what he wills. This is the answer I get from them
Yeah, I would also get that. But I think it's bullshit, honestly. Just a made-up argument that doesn't really stick.
All this is my opinion

A human is just cells . 30 trillion eukaryotic cells . there are 30 trillion bacteria and other microorganisms inside and on a human

Most cells in all animals are identical . The nerve or brain cells neurons in a fish are identical to those in a human

Thank you for sharing

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Gaga786
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
Yeah, I would also get that. But I think it's bullshit, honestly. Just a made-up argument that doesn't really stick.

Thank you for sharing
Yeah. Agreed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and venin
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
They don't have an objective opinion!! That's the fact, They are also fully indoctrinated by their believes. If they told you sth else it would be "sin" to them. And therefore they "fear hell" themselves. But they still don't give an an objective answer to you questions that provide you the means to make you own personal decision what you really want to believe or what makes you suspecious about believing sth you can't see, feel, recognize and whatsoever.

Edit: I know you mentioned you country of residence before and this is very difficult for you there. I'm sorry for that it doesn't help at all to solve the actual problem unfortunately.

Last edited:
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
All this is my opinion

I couldn't agree more

• Hugs
Reactions: notverylucid, Praestat_Mori and pthnrdnojvsc