C

Cjaf

Mar 8, 2020
Go for a run, working out is good for your depression.

Doesn't sound like bad advice but I had broken my back one week earlier, lol.
The psychopath I mean psychiatrist summed up in a 20 minute visit that I have ADD and prescribed me Adderall (prescription meth) which led me to become a addicted, harmed my relationships. I felt I had to go to school to get a job landing me with student loan debt for worthless jobs lol! All my friends were going to college and I thought it was mandatory unless u want to work at a restaurant for the rest of your life. Encouragement by doctors to be on birth control rather than telling me to abstain until I'm in a commited relationship with a reliable partner, finding a good provider earlier than later as it's easier if u are a young woman. This sadly led to abortions and abortion is traumatic and never leaves u. Selling of abortion in movies in the 80's like in dirty dancing, fast times at ridgemont high normalized abortion. Women see these movies as kids and think abortion isn't that big of a deal and that if u have an inconvenient pregnancy u can just have your baby murdered.
I feel so sorry for you. Having experienced abortion myself, I know how it can destroy someone.
I have to admit that I don't mind anymore but that's because I'm 1000% sure I don't want kids. A friend of mine is still heartbroken about her own abortion though and it happened over 10 years ago.

I'm sorry you had to go to something so traumatic!

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyYoda and Final Escape
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
"just wait,hold on ... It'll get better soon"

That was somewhere in between 15 and 20 years ago.

Though to be fair it might be actual good advice for others. For me though it didn't really work out that well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy, thepolarbear and BabyYoda
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Life coaches! Hahahahahah! Muhahahahahahahahaha! I point and laugh at life coaches. I could do that job. I can give great advice. I can't take it though.

"The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."

The one and only Oscar Wilde

• Love
Reactions: thepolarbear and Oyoy
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
"The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."

The one and only Oscar Wilde
I hadn't heard that before. True.

Reactions: Epsilon0
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
If everyone is forced to do something, than you are not smarter no do it. So wrong...:)
Right? It's the smart people who are lazy, don't pay taxes, don't ruin their back on a construction site, don't
Hahahaah I've been trying to think and I've got it finally...

'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.'
I don't know why I liked Nietzsche as a youth.

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Pray to God. He'll make it better. One of the biggest lies I ever heard.

Reactions: BabyYoda
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Off the top of my head, I would go with "keep on keeping on." Not such bad advice, however I will not keep on as my situation is madness!

Reactions: BabyYoda