• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Please do not share any usernames and/or personal info related to those who did you wrong, we do not want any unneccecary drama or fuss around here! This post is only meant for venting and sharing our experiences, and I think even the staff agrees that we should keep it that way.

Anyway, what's the worst experience you've had in any servers, groups or forums online?

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
"Your problems are your fault. You're a whiny child. Man up!"

"Everyone has their problems, so what? We don't give a shit!"

Meanwhile young me suicidal as hell, decided to attempt suicide. It was the last straw of a huge trauma.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zanmato and Kit1
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I don't usually participate in online communities, but during the pandemic, I was in a community of a trash video game.

My experience there was horrible.
I was obsessed with speedrunning, and my gameplay style was decent, if not good. However, I had the misfortune of meeting disgusting guys who always mocked me for being a complete stranger and for the mistakes I made when playing. These guys were praised and respected for being very good, but to me, they were a bunch of hypocrites because they always treated others nicely but treated me like garbage.

The saddest thing about all this is that these guys were people from my country, which motivated me to hide my place of origin from others, as I didn't want to represent a country with people who belittled me.

Since this bad experience, I always avoid any community that has a lot of people from my country. I know it sounds exaggerated that I avoid people from my country just because of a stupid video game, and I don't want to generalize either, but I feel like I don't relate well to people from my country. I got to know people from other countries, and I always got along better with them than with people from my country.
I don't know what's going on that doesn't allow me to relate well to people from my country.

I forgot to mention that I permanently abandoned the world of speedrunning and competition. I no longer see the point of Going for the One...

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
In nearly 30 years of internet experience I never had really bad experiences in forums, online communities, chats and all that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth and Kit1
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Someone got triggered at me lol

• Hugs
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Someone got triggered at me lol
Has happened to me too many times. Have been banned from groups several times too bc ppl got pissed at me. I've learned the hard way that sometimes it's better to shut your mouth about your opinions. :/

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
There is a post that I have just seen here and commented and I really feel sick - as in I want ro die right now. Just wish I had not logged on today. Just feeling sad.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
There is a post that I have just seen here and commented and I really feel sick - as in I want ro die right now. Just wish I had not logged on today. Just feeling sad.
If it's causing you problems you should report it to the staff, or at least talk to them about it. The staff here are very nice and chill from my experience, so I'm sure they'll help you out if they can.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
If it's causing you problems you should report it to the staff, or at least talk to them about it. The staff here are very nice and chill from my experience, so I'm sure they'll help you out if they can.
I did. The strange this is that the whole thread is missing - not sure what happened, but I am glad that it is gone. Thank you.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I did. The strange this is that the whole thread is missing - not sure what happened, but I am glad that it is gone. Thank you.
Good, don't know what thread you're referring to, but if it was bad I'm glad it is gone either way.

• Hugs
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Then its deleted

• Hugs
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
This sounds pedantic and so generalist but its any time I try to socialize with anyone. No matter what, I try to mind my own business and be as friendly as possible. For whatever reason, there is a bunch of drama/serious events with me caught in the middle or I am free target for people to insult and humiliate. I can swear onto hell aside from me being unintentionally rude and making up for it, I do my best not to ever be purposefully a problem. I always want to treat people with respect, honesty, and fairness, and it gets me literally no where. I could be my very worst person and be at the same cross roads. The end of these matters is I am way too stressed and shaken to do anything or I'm just abandoned by everyone eventually. I guess I don't leave all on bad terms but none of them invite me to anything, no one goes out of their way to talk, or I am unceremoniously defriended with no inkling as to why. And seeing as though I have extreme anxiety meeting people in real life, much less trusting anyone, this means most of my human interactions are online, as terrible as that is to admit. Due to my chronic pain and lack of transporation, I can't exactly get around very well to meet others. So whenever this happens, and it happens all of the time, it puts another nail into just how close I am into CTB, not that anyone does care. I am too sensitive for this world I guess. Each time I am ghosted, find out I am talked about without coming to me first, and thrown into stressful situations it makes me just wish I had a six shooter in my hands. My heart is ripped up and step on each and every time. I hate how this is how I am.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Most of my social interactions with people for a while has been online, so I have so many awful experiences. Doesn't help that I have difficulty spotting red flags in others. But I'll name a few.

-Being sexually harassed, especially by people who claim to be my friends
-Being friends with people who have turned out to be sexual predators, one of which is now in jail for grooming a child
-Having friends turn out to be political extremists (fascists, tankies, etc)
-Being bullied and used by people I trusted
-Being harassed and alienated in online fandoms I've participated in

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Not much, I always keep in mind the online inhibition effect and never take anything on the internet too seriously. But I did see other users in an online forum I participated in getting doxed just because they were on the site a lot (I bumped into them a ton) and talked about conspiracy theories. Doxing should be considered a felony, it was really uncomfortable seeing a recognizable user's private info getting leaked.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotviolin
kilowatt

kilowatt

A gun is the greatest negociator
Sep 9, 2023
Accidentally found myself in a group with massive amounts of CP, child trafficking trades and animal abuse content. I was not actually a member, just had access to viewing it, but it made me absolutely sick to my stomach. Probably one of my most traumatizing experiences on the internet to this day

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Has happened to me too many times. Have been banned from groups several times too bc ppl got pissed at me. I've learned the hard way that sometimes it's better to shut your mouth about your opinions. :/
It was on this forum lol. It was over a small thing. They took what I said the wrong way and got personally triggered. I apologized but they never replied. It seems like there was a misunderstanding

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Ambivalent1
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
I was in a small group before, and all of us just happened to be suicidal. However, I was the only one in middle class, while the rest of them were poor. And one of them made depression this competition about who's worse off and believed I have no right to be suicidal because I have money. She believes money can buy happiness. She also thought I'm rich, like upper class, which I'm not. I just happen to be in a country with a higher currency value than her country. Which doesn't really matter because I'm not in her country. But even with the currency conversion, I won't be considered upper class in her country, she was just plain jealous that I was better off. She also argued with another member once when he complained about his job because there are people worse off. And she was just unpleasant to be around because she's relly agrumentive.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
It was on this forum lol. It was over a small thing. They took what I said the wrong way and got personally triggered. I apologized but they never replied. It seems like there was a misunderstanding
Ouch! I hate when that happens! I lost a very good friend on discord that way plus some other friends within the same server it happened in. It has never happened to me here on ss fortunately. I hope things resolves for you coz being in a siruation like that is never fun. >_<

Reactions: sserafim
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I used to be active on NEETs.net.

It wasn't the best experience since that was my first time experience using a Forum.
( SS is the second Forum site I joined and used.)

Most of the users there were pretty hostile and rude towards me.
However, I didn't really mind it since those users were going through hardships in their life.
So, I forgave them since that's the type of person I am. ( ˶ˆ꒳ˆ˵ )

However, there were a few users that were really kind and friendly to me. I'll never forget their kindness. ♡。°(°.◜ᯅ◝°)°。
( Honestly, if it weren't for their kindness. I wouldn't have been alive during that time. )

Plus, there were a few good things that came out of that whole experience.

I made a friend. Not just a friend, but a very dear one at that.( ⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝)

However, I'm no longer friends with them.​
Ohh no! What happened? :(

Reactions: sserafim
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
usual discord awfulness and twitter too at some stage when i was a kid. i wish there were better places for struggling kids to go and seek comfort and support without creeps, social media toxicity, and all of that. i don't feel like talking about it much more, but i'm upset it's kind of just accepted as the norm now and people get angry at struggling children rather than advocate the removal and arrest of criminal adults.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
I've never had a negative experience in online forums. Unfortunately, the "in-real-life" experience was different.

~~~
I suspect that is because online, you do not need to wear a mask, and you are not constrained to a single environment.

Hated By All

Hated By All

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
Two for me:

1) I got doxxed on another forum and they used my name.

2) I overreacted in another members thread on this forum. I did say sorry to her afterwards.

Last edited:
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
In general, the worst is when the senseless drama starts. When people start arguing over shit that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things or has nothing to do with the topic of the group (ie arguing about religion in a video game chat), I'm just so done with everyone. I have left so many groups over this garbage.

My "worst" single experience was probably when I joined a discord server for a video game and some dude on there was WAY too obsessed with one of the voice actors to the point where it was awkward and creepy. 😬

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
a group of a certain application that shared illegal content. i still don't know how i got out of the repercussions.