• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
Wouldn't mind not to age. Aging is extremely depressing and often also a horrible way to die.

You hate the life you have because of reasons I know nothing about - same as I do... If you had magic powers and could be whoever you'd like, do whatever you'd like, look however you'd like, be as rich as you'd like, have no mental issues etc. etc. then I doubt that you would really want to die.

I wouldn't mind being reborn in a parallel universe where things did go a hell of a lot different then they did in this life.
Not the OP but I genuinely don't think I could be offered anything in this world and be happy. Even Taylor Swift's life looks boring and more trouble than it's worth to me. And that's from the outside. Maybe it'd be fun to be rich for about a week. There is nothing in this world that lives up to what you think it's going to (imo) life is one big disappointment. I think getting something you really wanted can be a curse because when you finally get it, if it doesn't have the effect you thought it would it can make you even more depressed.

As for being a normie and having no mental issues, well I don't know what that's like. Obviously it seems like they're having a hell of a lot more fun than me, but I just can't imagine what they get out of life. OTOH I kinda feel like they can't be having THAT much fun otherwise so many people wouldn't be using weed/coke/harder drugs to get the high they're not getting from life. Interesting discussion though.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36 and 3 others
parallelluniverse

parallelluniverse

In Corpus Lamenti -into the body of lamentation...
Mar 3, 2024
Yeah but like there's no meaning of life. That's what annoys and irks me. There's no reason for our existence. Life itself is inherently meaningless, and the main thing I hate is that I was brought into this world without my consent. There is no reason why we were born

I never wanted to experience life though. I would've been completely okay with never existing. Existence is something that I never even wanted in the first place
Yeah I resonate with this vibe right here.

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I teeter between this being one big experiment and the idea that we are just animals that have gained more self awareness than what was intended.
Who/what do you think is running the experiment and why are they doing it? What do you think the point is?
There's no point, existence is just life, nothing more and nothing less. If you like it then great and keep living, if you don't then, well... that's why we're here.
Existence was forced upon everyone though. No one was able to give prior consent or had a choice or say in it

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante and MrsNobody
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Having major depression everything is meaningless to me . To normies their meaning is to create life, help people , find success in their careers, ect. I got a psychic reading from my friend once and it said my purpose in life was to be brave which after all the pain I've been through it makes sense but it's stupid

• Hugs
Reactions: MrsNobody, betternever2havbeen and sserafim
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
For some it's to "prove" themselves worthy to their god. Some exist in order to try and make positive change in this world. Some do evil at some point in their lives, and then live to redeem themselves. For most, though, I believe it's because this is all that we know and even just merely existing here, or perhaps even suffering here, is far superior to what *might* come after.

Reactions: sserafim, CasperDaGhost and divinemistress36
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024
To speculate since nobody can be absolutely certain.

death pain GIF by Quartz

Last edited:
Reactions: Onomatopoeia, sserafim, MrsNobody and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't think there is a set meaning. But if there was- what would you like it to be? Do you think your life would be better with more rules in it? Do you think all lives would be better with a common goal?

I do get what you mean by the way. Who hasn't found themselves pondering- WTF is this all about and, WTF should I have to put up with it?

But, we know some of the answers to that... we're here because our parents had children (obviously.) We are animals and animals tend to run on the instincts of: stay alive long enough to reproduce. Our parents followed those instincts. So- if you're looking for 'our point'- it's (naturally speaking) the reverse of trying to get to death as soon as possible! It is in fact to live long enough to pass your genes on to your offspring. Thankfully, we have brains that can see that might not be for the best.

The problem with humans is we can contemplate all this stuff and, for a lot of us, it doesn't seem to make us very happy. Now, I guess whether self awareness has a point or, end goal- I don't know but- I'm guessing not. Evolution itself doesn't seem to be conscious, it's simply a process that ensures that dominant features that appear in a species survive and priloforate. I could see how being able to think and see ourselves in this world would give us an edge over other animals.

But- as for meaning behind life- I imagine that's why people flock towards things like religion- whether it's true or not. Ultimately though- no one's going to tell you that you've found the true meaning of life or- you're purpose. It's an individual feeling I think. Some people do feel like they have a purpose in life. It doesn't matter if you think they're delluded. They don't need everyone to agree.

I used to feel pretty much completely satisfied when I was able to be creative. For some people, if they have a natural strength for something- anything- sports, science, maths, languages, art, baking, caring for others. If they are able to do that thing and further develop their skills, it can feel like they are doing what they were built to do- which can feel satisfying/ like fulfilling their purpose.

Of course- there's nothing to say you have to do that and sadly, not everyone can. Some people truly seem to have no interest or get no satisfaction from anything. Honestly though, I'm not sure a strong commitment to nihilism- even though it may make sense does anyone any favours. It just seems to torture them.

I think for the majority of people, they either genuinely have things in life that give them purpose: Maybe they love to travel and are saving up for that, maybe they have children and put most of their efforts into seeing they are ok, maybe they have a fulfilling careeer or hobby. Who knows? For some though- I think it's mostly genuine or- they'd all be here trying to work out how to end it- right? Others may not be entirely happy but, they maybe still believe they can be with some adjustments to life.

Ultimately, who knows who's right or wrong? I think trying to find a purpose in life is simply a coping mechanism to deal with it and, coping mechanisms don't seem like a bad idea to me. Otherwise, you are just kept here in mental anguish continually until you are able to CTB- which is made as difficult as possible- so- could potentially be quite a way away. It simply means that their time spent on this revolving rock is maybe less full of anger, frustration and despair because they are able to distract themselves for periods of time. So, simply put- they may not be right but, if someone is stuck with life for the time being, there may be more to gain and less to suffer if we can find things to cling to that make us feel fulfilment.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, MrsNobody, divinemistress36 and 2 others
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Although I believe life is pointless, i dont think the reason why (for me) is bc it ends. i rly liked this quote that kinda went like "just bc the song ends, does that give any reason not to listen?" there can still be meaning even life ends…however life is js so repetitive, restrictive, bleak, n insufferable that it has become meaningless to me.

Reactions: floralheaddress and sserafim
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
Hell what' the point of existing if you can't live the life you want?

Reactions: sserafim, MrsNobody and divinemistress36
CasperDaGhost

CasperDaGhost

Only I Can Bring About The End.
Feb 17, 2024
Of course- there's nothing to say you have to do that and sadly, not everyone can. Some people truly seem to have no interest or get no satisfaction from anything. Honestly though, I'm not sure a strong commitment to nihilism- even though it may make sense does anyone any favours. It just seems to torture them.
I see your posts quite often and it's honestly shocking how much our views tend to coincide. Though you always say it far more eloquently than I ever could.

One thing I'd like to say in relation to nihilism is that once you've first come to believe in it, it's no longer really a choice. For me it's like seeing beyond an illusion. Once you get rid of that oh so blissful ignorance, there's no going back.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, divinemistress36 and Forever Sleep
Checker130

Checker130

Feb 22, 2024
The problem is, that it's not possible to imagine non-existence - we can only imagine being alive - that's all we know. Like the saying goes: "nobody really wants to die, they just want the pain to end", and I believe that wholeheartedly.
I couldn't agree more. In fact in this world for most of us the heart must break or turn to stone.

Reactions: parallelluniverse and sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I see your posts quite often and it's honestly shocking how much our views tend to coincide. Though you always say it far more eloquently than I ever could.

One thing I'd like to say in relation to nihilism is that once you've first come to believe in it, it's no longer really a choice. For me it's like seeing beyond an illusion. Once you get rid of that oh so blissful ignorance, there's no going back.

Yeah- that's so true. I think people liken it to peaking behind the curtain in 'The Wizard of Oz' and, seeing the 'truth'. It's hard to un-see it after that. Plus- I don't think it's easy to make yourself suddenly be interested in life. Especially when you don't see the point, don't see the end goal as worth it etc.

Reactions: sserafim, MrsNobody, CasperDaGhost and 1 other person
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
idk? trying to make the best of it?

thats huge bs, there is no sense in living, but if normies want to do that, let them be.

Reactions: sserafim and RemainingDubious
MrsNobody

MrsNobody

nostalgic isolation
Feb 4, 2024
Who/what do you think is running the experiment and why are they doing it? What do you think the point is?

Existence was forced upon everyone though. No one was able to give prior consent or had a choice or say in it

I'm unsure ..but the "intelligent" design of everything is what stops me from being an atheist. Yet, I'm not necessarily religious or think it's "God" in the general sense others do.

Sometimes I think its a simulation created by unfathomable beings.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and RemainingDubious
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
There is no point to existence or life, objectively speaking (from the universe's perspective) because we just came to be. I suppose from the worldview of the majority of people (including pro-lifers) is to just make the most out of it and even then, I don't think pro-lifers question the validity of life itself; despite it being posed as a question the field of philosophy since the beginning of time. So all in all, I would say there is no (objective) point in life and yes, we all eventually, inevitably pass, some of us on our own terms and many others, not so much on their own terms. The pro-choice philosophy is to be able to control our own fate and when we die (on our own terms), however, pro-lifers just cannot accept nor respect that decision, which is why we continue to (and will always) have contention between the two groups.

Reactions: RemainingDubious and sserafim
Princess_Kitty

Princess_Kitty

Lost kitty
Jan 4, 2024
I'm still trying to figure that out, let me know if anyone finds the answer! I don't think there really is a point in my opinion.

Reactions: RemainingDubious, sserafim and divinemistress36
roku6

roku6

Student
Jan 23, 2024
The majority does not even think about this question because the answer is given. Each individual unconsciously find some meaning in everyday activities.
If you fail to do so you rolled the dice wrongly and result is a mental illness. From the perspective of biology your ultimate goal is to feel joy.
If you lose this ability you are doomed (I am in this boat as well). The sad thing is that you are left alone with this, no one else would want to get involved in this matter, they even deny such thing could happen.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The point is to be a vehicle for the hundreds of billions of microorganisms living in you to keep replicating over and over and over.

Reactions: redeyepiranha and RemainingDubious
SillyGirl>_<

SillyGirl>_<

dedgrl
Feb 16, 2024
It's a good question. Some may say it's for the happy moments but I find that the mundane and sad moments are more frequent than the good ones. Others may say that it's for the impact you leave on this earth but realistically in a couple of years any "impact" you make will be forgotten in a couple of years. So I really just don't see a point in existing.

• Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
point = biological continuity

"meaning" is a jumper one must knit themselves. and some of us simply cant *shrug*

• Hugs
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Maybe subjectively we don't die. Consciousness leaves the body before physical death happens, similar to after birth we become conscious (having memory?) only much later. Some psychedelic people associate the arrival and departure of the soul with the high level DMT release in the brain. But I don't know what this means for people with slow declining consciousness, such as dementia. Is reincarnation a slow process, like moving to a new home?

• Informative
U

Ulrich

Mar 6, 2024
We operate strictly according to the passions and rarely the intellect.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
To have a good time.

Not everyone's circumstances are conducive to that.