• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

We were born to die

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus, TiredOfAllThis and 13 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There isn't any point. There isn't any objective meaning to it all. Our lives aren't as valuable or meaningful as humanity thinks it is

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, TiredOfAllThis, bluebird16 and 12 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There isn't any point. There isn't any objective meaning to it all. Our lives aren't as valuable or meaningful as humanity thinks it is
I just don't see the point in why I had to experience life. I never wanted to anyways, it seems like a burden to me.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus, BrainShower and 3 others
ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
maybe it makes the sweet release of death all the more sweeter...

we know what life puts you through, so when we die, our consciousness must breath a sigh of relief for a split second; 'ah, at least that's over...'

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, Buh-bye!, Meteora and 6 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
I just don't see the point in why I had to experience life. I never wanted to anyways, it seems like a burden to me.
There isn't any point. You were just unlucky, that's all unfortunately. I am unlucky too for the same reason. May you find peace soon from the burden of life and adulthood

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Homo erectus, Rogue Proxy, Adûnâi and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
To enjoy life and feel happiness I guess.

Sadly not possible for those of us with untreatable depression.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, ummagumma and Adûnâi
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
To enjoy life and feel happiness I guess.

Sadly not possible for those of us with untreatable depression.
The happy moments in life are still so rare though compared to the sad moments. The bad parts outweigh the good parts, it's not an equal tradeoff

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus, divinemistress36 and 4 others
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
To me, make the world better while you can. Have a positive impact and a real reason to be here. Don't just let it as it is.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Argo, sserafim and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
AGI might develop indefinite lifespans after the technological singularity.

Of course, traditionally the view has been that you're a slave to your family.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

It's so unfair though because I never asked for any of this. I never wanted to be alive

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante, Z-A, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
Checker130

Checker130

Feb 22, 2024
What's amazing is that some see it as the endless possibility you don't let go of and others, like us, just want it over with. I wonder if I'm sick or they are.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, sserafim and Adûnâi
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
What's amazing is that some see it as the endless possibility you don't let go of and others, like us, just want it over with. I wonder if I'm sick or they are.
For people (cough cough normies), existing is all they've known, so I guess they're naturally scared that one day they will inevitably die. You only have one shot at life, hence the saying "you only live once". I think that there's nothing inherently valuable about life, it was forced upon and imposed onto all of us. There's nothing inherently good about life or being alive, you just are and it just is.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rocinante, Checker130, CasperDaGhost and 3 others
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
It's so unfair though because I never asked for any of this. I never wanted to be alive
True, it's just an unfortunate side-effect of having sufficient self-awareness. Nature doesn't care about exceptions.

Reactions: Checker130, divinemistress36 and sserafim
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
The problem is, that it's not possible to imagine non-existence - we can only imagine being alive - that's all we know. Like the saying goes: "nobody really wants to die, they just want the pain to end", and I believe that wholeheartedly.

• Love
Reactions: parallelluniverse, Buh-bye!, CasperDaGhost and 5 others
Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
The meaning of life lies in the procreation of life itself. In other words, the same raison d'être as cancer cells.

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
The problem is, that it's not possible to imagine non-existence - we can only imagine being alive - that's all we know. Like the saying goes: "nobody really wants to die, they just want the pain to end", and I believe that wholeheartedly.
Life is pointless and meaningless though, there's really no reason why we exist. Personally, I would've been okay with never experiencing life. It's an experience that I never wanted in the first place. The thing I hate the most though is that there really was no reason for me to exist, it just happened. I don't like existing or being alive, and I never wanted to be alive anyways. Unfortunately, I didn't have a choice, as I was born without being able to consent. Existence is something that was imposed upon me without a choice or say in the matter.
The meaning of life lies in the procreation of life itself. In other words, the same raison d'être as cancer cells.
Such an annoying reason lol. It's not fair that I had to be born and suffer just because my parents procreated. I literally never asked for or wanted any of this. I never wanted to be alive. I never wanted this experience. I wish that I were never born, or that I could've been aborted or something

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, divinemistress36 and Namarupa
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024

Wouldn't mind not to age. Aging is extremely depressing and often also a horrible way to die.
Life is pointless and meaningless though, there's really no reason why we exist. Personally, I would've been okay with never experiencing life. It's an experience that I never wanted in the first place. The thing I hate the most though is that there really was no reason for me to exist, it just happened. I don't like existing or being alive, and I never wanted to be alive anyways. Unfortunately, I didn't have a choice, as I was born without being able to consent. Existence is something that was imposed upon me without a choice or say in the matter.

Such an annoying reason lol. It's not fair that I had to be born and suffer just because my parents procreated. I literally never asked for or wanted any of this. I never wanted to be alive. I never wanted this experience. I wish that I were never born, or that I could've been aborted or something
You hate the life you have because of reasons I know nothing about - same as I do... If you had magic powers and could be whoever you'd like, do whatever you'd like, look however you'd like, be as rich as you'd like, have no mental issues etc. etc. then I doubt that you would really want to die.

I wouldn't mind being reborn in a parallel universe where things did go a hell of a lot different then they did in this life.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsNobody, mtoro998, bugs_for_brains and 1 other person
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
For those who hate life, there is no reason.

For those who love life, it's to continue loving life until they hate it.

Reactions: indignity, CasperDaGhost, divinemistress36 and 2 others
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Just NPCs doing what they do without questioning it.

Most are filthy povery striken, illiterate tramps that can't think past their own shit stained mud hut of mediocrity.

They are the ones who ultimately got flayed alive by peer pressure, societal pressure, thinking what they were doing was some noble deed.

They think "Its just nature" to procreate but nature under then greenery is a horrifying abomination of teeth and claw, desperation and destruction of life forms to endure a pointless continuation of misery.

All life must be erradicated in the universe to achieve utter peace, not just life but all matter so that it doesn't respawn the virus of life.

Humanity unfortunately hasn't understood the true goal, thanks to pissing in their playpen of technological "Progress" which involves nothing purposeful at all.

Humanity could have progressed into annihilation for all, i guess video games and tv are more important.

Such a waste.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, MrsNobody and sserafim
Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024

Exactly.

None of us ever asked to work 40-50 hours per week just to pay for a place to sleep and eat. But if we don't work 40-50 hours per week, we will die (unless your parents or a welfare system takes care of you).

None of us ever asked to comply with a tyrannical racist, evil oligarchy that divides and conquers us all. But if we don't pick a side, we will be unable to work 40-50 hours per week because none of their corporations will hire us, none of their banks will work with us, and we'll die.

And even if we do everything mentioned above and do it loyally, we are still going to die.

My human existence was so good with my husband. I looked forward to going to sleep and waking up to his beautiful smile everyday. But even he, who did everything right (worked 40-50 hours per week, never drank alcohol, never committed a crime, voted, paid taxes, etc.) was killed by police at age 31 because he's black. And nobody was held accountable.

Life truly is pointless.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Captive_Mind515, divinemistress36, BrainShower and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Wouldn't mind not to age. Aging is extremely depressing and often also a horrible way to die.

You hate the life you have because of reasons I know nothing about - same as I do... If you had magic powers and could be whoever you'd like, do whatever you'd like, look however you'd like, be as rich as you'd like, have no mental issues etc. etc. then I doubt that you would really want to die.

I wouldn't mind being reborn in a parallel universe where things did go a hell of a lot different then they did in this life.
Same, I don't want to age either. I'd rather die young than have to get old. I find aging depressing and horrible as well. The end destination is death anyways, so why not fast forward straight to it? There's really no point in having to experience old age and mental and physical decline. There's a saying called old and weak/frail, and that's true.

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, divinemistress36, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
After all these years on this planet i recently found something that would be very worthwhile to experience but in this life i don't have it and most likely won't have it so i see no point in continuing to live this life without it.

• Love
Reactions: TheSpookyNameGuy, MrsNobody and sserafim
MrsNobody

MrsNobody

nostalgic isolation
Feb 4, 2024

I teeter between this being one big experiment and the idea that we are just animals that have gained more self awareness than what was intended.

Reactions: CasperDaGhost, divinemistress36, TheSpookyNameGuy and 1 other person
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
Same, I don't want to age either. I'd rather die young than have to get old. I find aging depressing and horrible as well. The end destination is death anyways, so why not fast forward straight to it? There's really no point in having to experience old age and mental and physical decline. There's a saying called old and weak/frail, and that's true.
Yeah, totally agree. We were actually meant to die young - that's why we age in the first place. Our purpose is just to procreate and then die. The reasons why I haven't CTB'ed yet are:

1. I still have a small fear of hell (it's said that you go to hell if you commit suicide)

2. I have no access to a gun which is my preferred way to CTB

3. The ones left behind will be hurt a lot. To those who are reading this: DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS. Suicide will have a devastating effect on those left behind - there is no denying this. I still plan to CTB in the not so distant future, but one must definitely take into account that someone is going to be hurt a lot by your choice.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
I can imagine non existence and it's... beautiful to me

Reactions: divinemistress36, 4am and sserafim
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
There's no point, existence is just life, nothing more and nothing less. If you like it then great and keep living, if you don't then, well... that's why we're here.

Reactions: CasperDaGhost and sserafim
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
Not to be argumentative but this logic is contradictory imo, what's the point of caring if everything has a point? Every point is contingent on something else e.g. the point of wanting food is to be alive, the point of wanting something to make sense is to understand it etc. and we weren't born to die, we were born because of evolution and our parents, we just happen to all die but that's not why we were born.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Buh-bye!, Forever Sleep and sserafim
parallelluniverse

parallelluniverse

In Corpus Lamenti -into the body of lamentation...
Mar 3, 2024

We were born to die
It's a great question and I'd like to share something.

I think there are many things humans can do, I think we can be good listeners, be super fashionable, make a good coat stand for somebody... just loads of things...

But I think the point, has been decided somehow for us all. By... some, like, thing. The universe works how it does, the phenomenon that is ME just exists without reasons given, and the world floats about like it does (like normal)... and it's like, up to me to find out how it all works and guess wha the point is till I 'pop my clogs' as they say. But maybe, there's more to life after life, so that all the learning and growing and developing between being born and dying was actually for a reason...

I still look around sometimes though... when I walk through a place, and have feelings that I can only describe as revelatory feelings... that life is actually a thing... that its actually real... I think the point is 'experiencing it'... and being a part of the experience... I think what we call life is only a part of the full experience... otherwise, what would be the point?

X

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Not to be argumentative but this logic is contradictory imo, what's the point of caring if everything has a point? Every point is contingent on something else e.g. the point of wanting food is to be alive, the point of wanting something to make sense is to understand it etc. and we weren't born to die, we were born because of evolution and our parents, we just happen to all die but that's not why we were born.
Yeah but like there's no meaning of life. That's what annoys and irks me. There's no reason for our existence. Life itself is inherently meaningless, and the main thing I hate is that I was brought into this world without my consent. There is no reason why we were born
It's a great question and I'd like to share something.

I think there are many things humans can do, I think we can be good listeners, be super fashionable, make a good coat stand for somebody... just loads of things...

But I think the point, has been decided somehow for us all. By... some, like, thing. The universe works how it does, the phenomenon that is ME just exists without reasons given, and the world floats about like it does (like normal)... and it's like, up to me to find out how it all works and guess wha the point is till I 'pop my clogs' as they say. But maybe, there's more to life after life, so that all the learning and growing and developing between being born and dying was actually for a reason...

I still look around sometimes though... when I walk through a place, and have feelings that I can only describe as revelatory feelings... that life is actually a thing... that its actually real... I think the point is 'experiencing it'... and being a part of the experience... I think what we call life is only a part of the full experience... otherwise, what would be the point?

X
I never wanted to experience life though. I would've been completely okay with never existing. Existence is something that I never even wanted in the first place

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rocinante, floralheaddress and parallelluniverse